Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They didn't enforce it on OTT. There'd be an announcement on the speaker a few times but if someone ignored it they'd just give up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

- The America Nominee/Care Package voting seems massively schizophrenic week to week. At some point were feedsters just purposely flipping it back and forth just to gently caress with them or something?
No, there were two very adversarial sides of the fanbase going at it in the voting. Generally the Jason side would win the votes unless they were disorganized which is why they lost some of the votes early on. The fans voting Neeley out instead of Scott was a surprise, and the one Morgan won (Jason's side should have voted her out for being care package eligible!) wasn't described clearly on the website and nobody knew how it would actually work, so people mixed up the vote a little on that one too.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The show was gold and included major things not contained in the feeds (veto comp & ceremony).

Cody is not getting a bad villain edit yet. He's still getting the deranged weirdo edit. He's a ton of fun on the show and his emotionless DRs are beautiful.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SweetJahasus posted:

So....when Cody gets drawn for POV and wins then doesn't use it, this plan is gonna definitely be super good.

Paul is an idiot.
Paul doesn't care if that happens. Vote out Ramses then if he's third nominee, or Josh/Alex if not. Paul doesn't care if any of them go home as long as risking their hides increases his chances of backdooring Cody this week, because Cody is the one person he knows is coming for him.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

He's a bully which is why he goes after Josh and just calls the rest pussies and cowards behind their backs.
See, but on the show after Jillian went out, we saw Cody approach Mark and say did you flip your vote, and Mark says we didn't have the numbers, and Cody kind of nods and moves on.

Then later he goes to Josh and asks the exact same question, "Did you flip your vote?" And Josh says, "Why are you confronting me?" and Cody says, "That's what I thought," and walks off. That was it. But Josh then starts yammering how "nobody grills me" and "did you just grill me" and "stop grilling me" and "I'm not a bitch, don't grill me!" over and over like an irritating moron before Cody finally turns and storms back toward him. Then, after all that went down, Josh comes into the Have-Not room and Cody makes it very clear, get whatever you need to get, do what you need to do, but don't try to talk to us right now. Josh tries to talk to him like 10 times in a row instead of letting them be. In conclusion I'm fully aware Cody is an rear end in a top hat but maybe Josh gets it the worst because he's an obnoxious buffoon who pushes Cody's buttons.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

http://i.imgur.com/wzfSQwI.mp4

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I probably want Cameron to win the BattleBack just because he'd come in as a completely new player, but Jessica was a good recipient of the Hex to me. Paul is a vet running circles around these people, and the one guy independent enough to take a shot at him got blown up by a secret protection. Jessica and Ramses, as Paul himself notes, are really the only two people he's not working with and are next on the house hivemind's hit list as a result. I wouldn't have minded Ramses getting the Hex but partly because he was in less immediate danger and partly because he has basically never been on the aired show means he likely wasn't going to get it... making Jessica probably the best Hex choice. And even though people sort of think she's reintegrating into the house, the players actually resent that and still want her out. If they're putting twists into this thing, it would be worse if someone on top of the game got the power. Jessica I think was the best available choice therefore, and I don't even necessarily want to see Paul evicted, since he's almost the only one gaming hard in there.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Before Cody came back in the house, Jessica was definitely mixing with everyone else socially but it was only socially... There was still basically no one (except maybe Elena?) that wasn't going to target her this week, regardless of Cody's presence, so it's not quite right to think Jess was resurgent and Cody re-entering has tanked her game.

After winning HOH and then again after winning veto, Jessica started getting extremely smug about Josh going out of the game, and it was funny how blind she was before the fall, especially because putting Ramses up was so dumb to begin with. But then at various points yesterday she basically called out exactly what was going to happen with Ramses, exactly why she should veto Ramses, and also how she won't be able to live with herself if he goes out on her HOH. I like hearing correct game talk and seeing a little bit of a heart in her, so that takes some of the fun out of it and also Josh is just really grating and obnoxious to me, so even though Ramses doesn't contribute much I do hope Jess wises up and uses the veto. Ramses is still supposed to be talking to her again at Kevin's urging, so maybe Jessica can get turned back around after Elena and Cody called her paranoid and talked her down. At the very least, Elena was meant to check in with Matt, Raven, and Paul that Josh was their target, and I want them to either let on that its Ramses or have to lie to her face.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That would be hilarious. Definitely not worth it, though, because the temptation will be most useful if she threatens to use it the next time the other side has HOH and gets that side to crack up. Even if you wouldn't use it with Mark/Elena on the block, say you will to try to pressure the HOH to do something that really mixes up the game. For obvious reasons she'll use it if Cody is up, but that's the right move since he's so feared, and him being bought another week likely buys her another week too by keeping that shield in front of her. I'm uncertain if it's actually worth pulling the trigger for a Mark/Elena block. Probably not, but maybe it depends how close the temptation is to expiring. This upcoming week, don't use it for their sake, but the week after that, maybe? And obviously it's a go in the final week.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Max posted:

I feel like Jess could have painted a better target on Mark and Elena if she hadn't announced the temptation she has. I dunno why she thinks it helped because now Paul will probably just put the two of them up and keep Mark and Elena as backup targets in the event her temptation somehow blocks his nomination. But it looks like he's doing exactly what I thought he would do, and is going to make her prove what she claimed.
Well, if she can spook them out of putting her up this week for fear of the temptation, then it buys them some extra time because she could use it for guaranteed safety next week.

This morning Cody is telling her to go tell Paul what the temptation does, in order to talk him out of putting them up, but she doesn't want to do it. Cody is right, but it sounds like she'd rather believe that Paul will put someone else up on his own, or that she doesn't want to crawl to Paul with information. There really is a mutually beneficial deal to be made in there, though, because if Paul doesn't get anyone out this week, he's a week further away from the end of the game compared to if he does. It would be smart for Jess to try to set something up, so it probably won't happen.

Max posted:

I mean, if it's going to be a wasted HOH, better to just waste it right now than let them go longer than a week with protection. If they don't make her burn it then it just gives her another week where nothing can happen.
True, but Paul already has everyone prepped to turn against Mark and Elena. So he could get started targeting them this week, while also still having the huge house enemies Jess and Cody in front of him. Maybe he could even get a two-week safety deal out of Jess and Cody because by not nominating them this week he's keeping them safe for two weeks. Has there been a single "deal" cut this season?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 28, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Paul telling Alex, Jason, and Kevin that Cody says he's gonna play. He thinks they're lying about their power so will play. Jason agrees. Jason says he's playing to block them. Josh tries to join them and Paul tells him to get the gently caress out. Eventually that's probably going to wear on Josh.
They had a good excuse to keep him away like that last week... Now, not so much.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Earlier today, Mark was trying to bury the hatchet with Josh, saying he's sorry about the tabasco, he didn't think about it. He says they can hang out outside the house. Josh is mostly going along with it but then says he's still going to torture Mark.

Also earlier today Cody told Jess she should tell Paul how her hex works, but she didn't want to go crawling to Paul. Now they're both super mad they got put up and might not make jury and Paul wasted his HOH. Jess claims she asked Paul if he had "any questions" shortly before and he didn't ask her anything.

Cody starts to yell gently caress you at Paul and Paul tells him to leave the room and Cody gets up near him going "what are you gonna do?" Paul says "nothing, just get out." Cody leaves but Paul shouts after him. Cody and Jess go to stew, where Jess yells at Cody for getting so aggressive. Paul comes down to tell everyone how Cody got in his face. Josh starts going off for some reason.

Jessica leaves Cody in the bedroom and Paul talks to her privately to smooth things out. She basically tells Paul what the Hex is while Paul says Cody is a hothead that can't be dealt with, and is her only problem in the game (kinda doubt it). Meanwhile...

Josh is still going off screaming and trolling Mark. Josh is banging the pans together doing the circus music now. Mark goes to him and grabs the pans out of his hands and pulls one back like he's cocking it and they cut to fish. I really can't stand Josh, he's a huge loudmouth rear end in a top hat that provokes people and then cries if they react.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Paul is scheming to get Cody to fall on his sword for Jess, and to get Jess to pull away from Cody. Mark has been in the DR for a long time and is probably getting in some measure of trouble. Josh starts doing the pots and pans again and yelling at Cody and Jessica from the kitchen for no reason. They're in a bedroom somewhere off feeds but can surely hear his rear end.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Josh is outside trying to incite Cody by talking about how the house would be better if Cody had never come back and you can't learn social skills in the house (which is kind of funny because Josh clearly has learned social skills in the house).
No, he hasn't. It was two days ago he was walking around with pots and pans torturing Mark and nearly getting his head caved in. And apparently today he's loving with Cody. His social skills haven't improved at all, he's a jack-in-the-box idiot who's being wound up by the in-group, who give him a nice head tousling in the aftermath and tell him he did good. His social standing has improved, because he's pointed at the official house enemies. He's still a child.

Paul has been trying to make hay out of Cody getting in his face ever since it happened. The funny thing is when Paul told him to leave, and Cody finally did and walked out, Paul followed him out and called him a pussy for not doing anything. So when Cody's angry he's a dangerous hothead who can't be in the house, but when he backs off instead of getting violent he's a pussy. Part of that is Paul's ego, but part of it is probably gameplay, the strategy of making Cody and Mark such pariahs that Elena and Jess will cut them loose, at which point Elena and Jess replace them at the bottom. Then it will probably be someone else, rinse and repeat.

Anyway, I haven't been watching at all lately but from what you say, Jess is throwing grenades and causing poo poo, but everything else I'm reading says there's a big bullying issue going on and production had to tell people to cool it. Jess has shot up to #1 on jokers and Cody is #3.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

KNew posted:

I don't like Jody at all really, but it looked super bad as 10 people are on one side of the yard yelling, laughing and mocking two people holding each other on a hammock. That looked super bad, I understood what the whole plan was but it became a mob mentality situation. It was bullying pretty bad.
Yes, I think you have it about right. I just watched the two youtube videos of all of it and it's pretty disgusting mob mentality stuff.

So, Jess is in the kitchen getting in arguments with people. At a certain point, Raven's going off at her and Cody comes in and shepherds Jess away to the backyard. At that moment, I don't think any of the other houseguests has done anything worse than Jessica has, and they've all just been arguing with her back and forth.

But as Cody and Jess shuffle away outside, Paul starts congratulating Raven for going off, and then starts telling Josh to get the pots and pans, and then says Jessica asked if they had any questions, why doesn't everyone go outside and give them some questions. He says they called you all my dogs, why don't we go show them how you're my dogs, these people cost you jury, let's go show them what we think. Everyone else is still basically just milling around in the kitchen. After a couple minutes, Paul finally gets the whole house outside where Cody and Jess sit quietly on a hammock as Raven screams at them, Josh bangs pots and pans, Paul does a berating narrative of the whole thing. Cody and Jess just keep sitting talking quietly between themselves while everyone carries on. It's a very ugly scene, and all of it is orchestrated by Paul.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Josh bringing back up that Elena was trying to get Alex or Paul nominated in her place. Elena really angry and telling him she never did that and he doesn't understand her logic and words. Josh says she tripped out when she was a pawn and Elena denies it. Josh says she was saying Alex and Paul are better competitors so should go up. Elena says he's twisting her words and simply pointed out the flaw in his logic and there were better competitors (which kind of sounds like the same thing).
If someone says they're putting you up as a pawn because you're good at competitions and you point out there are several people better at competitions, what you're doing is exposing that their given reasons for nominating you are suspect. And she's right because Josh was actually targeting her, and she and Mark have long been the back-up targets behind Jody, and she's right because everyone else really did mislead her on the Ramses vote. The sad thing is that if people had told her the vote was on Ramses she's plenty enough of a suck up just like the rest of the house to have willingly done it. Josh is only on the right track when he focuses on Mark and Elena abandoning allies. For all I can tell Elena would very well even have put up Jess and Cody in the immediate aftermath of being played on the Ramses vote off.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

One thing I caught was Josh and Paul having a big game talk where Josh reveals that he also knows Kevin took the $25K at the start of the game. Paul admitted he knew as well and said he's waiting to drop that bomb about Kevin when its time to take him out. Josh advised against it since he's a jury vote but Paul pretty much reiterated that he doesn't think about Jury Management.
How could Josh know this? Did Kevin tell Josh? Or is Josh just theorizing and Paul is confirming it to get that ball rolling?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 16, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jess and Cody sucked at Big Brother but she's kind of the voice of a lot of the fans now because everyone is so sick of Paul's complete control of the house. For the two months during which Jody were continuously being evicted they were at least against Paul (even though they didn't even nominate him!) so people like to hear Jessica say now the same sort of things they're saying about how useless Matt and Raven are, how dumb Alex is, etc

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ToastyPotato posted:

Paul hasn't really done anything other than not be the biggest target,
You gotta be kidding, Paul is running this poo poo. He's got the Alex/Jason/(Kevin) alliance, he's got the Maven alliance, he's got the Christmas/Josh alliance. He's in all the alliances!

There's no one you could put him next to that would send him home. No one else is connected to everyone like that.

ToastyPotato posted:

There was way too much safety this season, but I will say seeing a house actually focused on getting their targets out and succeeding for once has been refreshing to some degree. It just took way too long because the actual show side of things this year has been rear end.
the "house" should not have targets, individuals should. We're in jury now! Alex, for example, would ordinarily be dumb to evict Cody because he was not going to go after her or Jason, while Elena might have and had just betrayed her. But because nobody wants to go against "the house" aka Paul, she put Cody up and out he went.

in the circumstances, it might have made sense for her to do that, just like it might have made sense for Matt to veto Jason and remain up there on the block himself, but all of that is because of Paul, because of the work Paul does to keep everyone in line and keep the targets irredeemable. If someone thought for themselves too much, they'd be next and they're aware of that. Paul is running this season as much as any single individual possibly can run a season and while that could change before the end I don't see it happening any time soon.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 18, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fat Lowtax posted:

Mark is a "flake" and Paul is "trying to screw everyone" but really, the story is how inflexible almost everyone else is, including Jess and Cody. I don't think the guy who makes those alliance diagram things is even trying this year? One of the only big developments I can think of in the last couple weeks is Alex and Jason casting Kevin out for being insufficiently loyal (to Paul, not to themselves, though Kevin still thinks he has a F2 with Paul anyway).

I think the "fight scenes" keep the big group in line. It's a huge emotional bonding thing. Why shore up your own position in your huge unwieldy forever-alliance when you can circle up and go after the house pariahs for calling the fat guy who always screams at them fat, taking money after winning a competition, using a power to save their house boyfriend, eating the wrong food, having a daughter etc. It gives you all the warm fuzzy feeling you need when you're probably not too optimistic about your own game, how you're perceived outside the house etc.

For that reason I would say it will shape out to be more exciting after the last pariah (Mark) leaves, but I think enough of them (Matt/Kevin/Jason) have enough house fatigue to just kind of accept their spots in the boot order.
I agree with you but this is another thing Paul is doing, he makes the pariahs. Outside of Jody who mostly did it to themselves, he made Dom a pariah for example and he's already working on Kevin. He finds something in a person's behavior and then tells all the other players, "Can you believe this person?! Can you believe what they did?" and everyone else responds, "Wow, I can't believe them! They're next!" So Kevin did get the $25k and did throw that hinkie vote, but it's Paul who's gonna make a game move out of it (weeks later) by making Kevin the next untouchable.

He's already started on getting Matt and Raven up next on the list even though they are boring mindless soldiers, but we're seeing that's exactly what he's getting them for, "these people who do nothing and play the middle," and others agree. But he also still has them as options in case someone else gets too brave. It's very good. I've hated him when he pushes the mob mentality too far into abusive behavior but he's really got these people in the palm of his hand and is systematically casting one out at a time, and nobody is poised to stop it, and the only people willing to call it out are the ones already in the crosshairs, while everyone else assumes they're fine.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 18, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That's not that different than what I said STAC, I did acknowledge that Paul finds something in a person's behavior and Kevin really did throw a hinkie vote for example. The thing is nothing ever came of Kevin doing that. Even when Alex said Kevin was sketchy, Paul would reassure her and say Kevin was fine. It's only when Paul decides it's time for Kevin to go that Kevin's sketchiness suddenly becomes this big fatal issue. It's Paul's doing as Paul controls everyone's opinions about everything, he can tell them something is kosher one week and sketchy the next and they'll go along with it both times. You're definitely diminishing Paul's influence.

It's the same with Dom, of course she let Cody talk game on her "show" which was kinda dumb. But it was Paul that insisted a bunch how bad that was, and Alex nominated her because of Paul, and she went before Jessica because of Paul. Paul made those things happen because he believed that she knew Cody was backdooring him and he wanted her out. Josh/Christmas/Mark/Elena/Matt/Raven never would have been interested in making that happen at that point on their own. Like she contributed the basic ingredients for the blow up but it was totally Paul that then stirred up that pot as it has been consistently this season.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 18, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah, it's true that Paul wanted Alex to nominate Ramses but settled on Dom. But then he totally blew her up, and that's what I'm talking about. Once Dom became his target he triggered a nuclear-level event to ruin her and then dressed up as a snake to mock her accusations while she took to blanketing like Audrey. That's what he does and that week is a glaring example of it. He makes the pariahs.

The others were all aware her show with Cody was uncomfortable and a terrible idea, but Paul led the conversation with them afterward (and then talked to her alone telling her that other people thought it was sketchy but weren't telling her). I really don't think the big majority in the house was inclined to target Dom over Jessica at all, which is why he wanted Jessica to come down with the veto, but by the end of the week it was a unanimous vote. Paul realized we can keep Jessica in the house so there's still another target ahead of me while eliminating the person that was in on my attempted w1 backdoor. That's probably why he really wanted Mark to be the replacement nom too, since that was the other name they got from Cody.

Hell, even when Jess won HOH I think there's a chance the house would've evicted Josh like Jess wanted if not for Paul's influence. That there's no way to know for sure, but we do know he put together the entire plan for Josh to fake sulk, for Mark and Elena to be left in the dark, all of it. Which then led to Mark and Elena being the new Cody and Jess. He's doing all of it!!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rob doesn't particularly, Brent definitely does, big time

SalTheBard posted:

Why are people on Jokers so salty? The evicted house guests are all more popular than the remaining house guests
Everyone's mad about Paul being in such complete control and is blaming the other active players for it. For reference, RHAP did a podcast about the psychology of cults the other day.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

We join the fight with them going at each other. Kevin is telling Matt to not get in his face in a somewhat threatening manner (but not really) and Matt asks him if he's "threatening people again" and if he wants another glass to throw.
When Kevin and Josh were arguing, Kevin picked up a glass right before the feeds cut. I guess he actually threw the glass? I didn't know that but maybe everyone already did.

This show sucks. Watching people be awful and get in arguments sucks.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I've yet to see any evidence Paul is running this house. *everyone throws a racing competition to a woman on crutches to make her the F7 HOH*

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Someone has to go home. It clearly can't be in everyone's interest to throw! Josh and Paul, sure, because they're close with Christmas and will be part of whatever she plans. But three other people threw, and it's really weird! We're at F7 here and people still are just going with the flow and not fighting for it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

"Everyone" is always a weird number of people to be throwing imo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Imv Paul 100% wins if he makes it to the end. Everyone on that jury so far is complaining the rest of the cast is playing "Big Paul" and resents them for it. Each new person to enter that jury house is going to be greeted with a smack upside the head and recriminations for being complicit in Paul's steamroll. If someone is sitting next to Paul at the end they're either gonna be lambasted for being an idiot or just ignored. There's points where Paul could be evicted, F3 probably the best chance, but I think the jury is his if he makes it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

I guess everyone is as invested as I am at this stage but at some point today Paul used the POV on Alex and Kevin went up. Jason and Alex think Kevin is the target and Paul reassured Kevin that he's fine and to just play like he's going home. I have no details or opinion because I didn't turn the feeds on today and ain't gonna start now.
I guess when Jason "passed out" during the nomination ceremony he also blacked out the nom speech that more or less said straight up that he was the target.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I still think Paul is absolutely wrecking these doofuses at the game but yeah lying in a goodbye message is just dumb as hell. Raven walked out of the house like 30 minutes after Jason did and she knew everything. Lots of people knew everything. It was always going to come out, lying in the goodbye message is just adding insult to injury, it's like Paul is trying to burn jury votes. I have to wonder what he was thinking. Power tripping so high that he thinks his mist extends to the jury house? He's super lucky that the first three people into the jury are gonna be telling new jurors it's their own fault instead of enabling their bitterness and saying Paul is evil. But these new jurors are more and more likely to be pretty pissed at him so who knows.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Josh wouldn't really be the wrong person to be sitting next to at the end...

The only problem is Josh is the only guy willing to cut him at 3.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Paul has been talking to Josh a lot about how Christmas beats either of them and Paul believes it. Josh and Christmas have basically the same story to the end, except Christmas was better with people socially while Josh went around banging pots and pans and generally being disrespectful and disrespected. She can talk about overcoming a broken foot and she's well-spoken. Nobody in the jury knows that Josh was somewhat wise to Paul playing all sides of the house or that Christmas shut him down any time he raised any questions. Cutting Paul at the end might be a feather in his cap but is it enough to overcome all that? I figure he loses either way of course. If he takes Paul, maybe he feels he has the off-chance everyone is really pissed at Paul for betraying them, lying to them on their way out the house (which Josh knows he's been exposing in goodbye messages), and so on.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If you've already lost, then yeah you might wish you could go back and give the money to the other player, but until the game is over you still kinda gotta take the 5% chance over the 4% chance (or insert whatever numbers) to maximize your shot at winning.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't think that's a guarantee. She got to play the full season this year and I don't think she's a massive fan favorite.

Max posted:

Taking Christmas definitely seems a lot more unpredictable in terms of where the Jury might lean. I sort of wonder how this would be shaking out if Christmas had just told Josh "sure yeah I'd take you to F2" when he was trying to make that commitment to her.

Edit: Also Josh doesn't really know about Paul's goodbye messages.
He doesn't know what Paul's messages said but he knows that Paul lied to people on their way out the house and he knows he exposed those lies in his own goodbye msgs.

Josh might still have a better chance against Christmas, idk but I'm just reporting that Paul and Josh have been talking about how Christmas would beat them both.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Apparently Josh confirmed to the cams he's taking Paul F2 because Paul "laid low" and let Josh lead the charge...

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Josh isn't a good player at all imv.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I agree that Josh at least thinks about the game from the perspective of the game. He asks himself if things are good moves, he considers things like Paul creating plans that are much better for him than for Josh and Christmas. But he never did anything about it, compared Paul to Dan and Derrick and still is going to bring him to F2, his social game is erratic and emotionally he's sort of a mess. Far from the worst player in this season, that's just not high praise with this particular cast. He grew up a little bit in the house but he needs to continue to grow up if he wants to be an above average player in the future.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 20, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Results-oriented, he made it far, but most people saw him as a goat, Paul especially, which is part of what carried him along. Remember the first few weeks of the game too, he was one of the biggest messes there's ever been. Outbursts, crying fits, a total self-made pariah. Most seasons he'd have been an easy early boot and he only got saved this time because of Megan's self-eviction and Cody's subsequent dynamiting of the entire house. Like I would not only not compare Josh with Vanessa if he loses, but from that season I'd also put him below Austin, Liz, Steve, Shelli, Johnny Mac, probably Trainwreck Beck. I feel like when a player makes it far people start writing this script about how their game justifies that placement but plenty of times I think that's horseshit including in this case. He's a unique character and at least he tries, though. And since he made it far he'll have more people thinking he's good than people discounting him probably, although maybe that depends on the jury outcome.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jillian's interview... Everyone loving hated Josh that first week, if she'd showmanced with him they wouldn't have clicked in with the other couples, it would've been just another reason to send her out the door. Also she's saying she would've showmanced Josh despite not being interested in order to further her game??

I'm a little surprised Rob trolled Raven about her health issues. Even though we know she's pretty delusional, that's a touchy subject. Her giving a straight answer to the Kool Aid question was hilarious though.

STAC Goat posted:

Ramses is gonna play some game called "Sequester." Apparently its an "ORG" produced by Audrey and is in its 11th season. Ramses always makes me feel so old and lost. But at least I'm reminded of his name.
It's just online Big Brother, like how this forum's done a lot of online Survivor games. I've never checked into it but I think Audrey's version pushes a bit more into real life, like they do challenges balancing stuff with their webcams on and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

A lot of the stuff in Paul's game, like poo poo talking one pair while hanging with another pair, that was actually a strategic part of his game to get them targeting each other, so some of the stuff the jury was bitching about wasn't really just superfluous rear end in a top hat behavior but actually was part of his game.

However! There's no way to know for sure, but he could have said in his goodbye message to Jason something like:
"I'm sorry, I made alliances with all the couples and eventually had hard decisions to make, and you were just too good at comps"

He could still act blindsided inside the house, but then he could've given it to Alex straight when he didn't use the veto on her... maybe those two changes would have gone a long way?

Once you're sending someone into the jury you really can't keep the charade going so there was no reason to try to do that. And Alex seemed to be taking Paul abandoning her hard but not too hard to vote for him while she was in the house, and Jason and Alex both claim they almost could've voted for Paul. Really, if they come to the jury not too broken up about it, it might go a long way toward everyone's perception of Paul.

• Locked thread