Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah. Its Trump's America. Its not necessarily CBS' fault if a bunch of fans like Cody. I don't think they've encouraged it or sugar coated him like they have with people like Paulie or Frankie or Nicole.

I like Cody a lot more than anyone else in the house but I doubt I'd ever find any common ground with him at all, either in terms of interests or political bent. I feel like you're projecting quite a bit when you bemoan that people watch this gag-filled game show through a political lens.

All that being said, watching Cody consistently fail to understand people and losing a fundamentally social game despite heaps of superpowers, competition wins, and buybacks is just plain entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

Max posted:

I mean, if it's going to be a wasted HOH, better to just waste it right now than let them go longer than a week with protection. If they don't make her burn it then it just gives her another week where nothing can happen.

People keep saying this, but unless Jessica specifically enumerates the terms of her 'power' then Paul can't be certain that nominating her or Cody won't backfire. I mean, his own Temptation gave him hyper-secret immunity that lasted for 3 weeks no matter what anyone else did. And for all he knows she might have some kind of Diamond PoV or, worse yet, a Mega coup d'etat that could even put himself into jeopardy given the right conditions.

There's no guaranteed best move for Paul, but I'm pretty sure he's going to play this correctly and nominate one of Cody/Jess (probably Jess) anyway.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

But like, if you have a recap that doesn't start with "Jessica snapped at Raven because she incorrectly thought she was mocking her" or "Jessica yelled at Jason for attacking Cody in the POV Ceremony and brought his wife into it" then I question the truthfullness of those recaps.

I mean, the recap that Fast Luck just described started with Josh pots-and-pans-ing Jess and Cody (although somewhat good-naturedly - they were all laughing!) before Paul invites Jessica out to the kitchen to get interrogated by literally everyone else in the house.

Maybe I'm cherry-picking, too, but there's no way I can come to the conclusion that Jody are bringing this on themselves, or that they somehow 'deserve' the treatment they're receiving.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

That simply wasn't the start of this. That's the problem. There's hours of stuff that happened before that where Jessica was berating people and making accusations. Paul didn't just suddenly tell people to attack Jessica. And Josh didn'y just start banging pots and pans. That was the middle of the story.

And I definitely don't think they "deserved" it because I don't think anyone deserves that. But did they create the situation and anger that led it to happening? Yeah, I think they did. With a pretty solid amount of help from Paul who is a piece of poo poo.

Fair enough; I haven't gone back far enough to see the real spark that set off the day's events. Appreciate the analysis!

I would add that, although I'm not a superfan, the seasons I have avidly watched generally treat people on the block with a bit of respect (pre-jury, even). It just seems especially garish to prolong or provoke arguments with people on the block post-veto like this. I realize Jess' very public proclamation of her temptation is probably the reason things have gotten so out of control, but it's hard not to identify with people who are getting continuously kicked while they're down (even if brought there by their own hubris).

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

Faustian Bargain posted:

I don't see that what he and the rest of the house are doing to Jess and Cody as wrong, and same when Josh made Mark's life miserable.

:raise:

Max posted:

Paul has a grating personality but he also knows how to play the game well, as evidenced by the fact that Matt literally asks "what does Paul want us to do" every once in a while, so going after him directly really wasn't a good idea this early on.

Jess intentionally left Paul off the block to 'make amends' with 'the other side' last week though. Unless you mean going after Paul in Week 1 with Cody's HoH, Jody has played post-battle back really conservatively re: Paul, which nearly everyone agrees was to their own significant detriment. RIP "Ramsey".

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014
Pretty bad look to slutshame Jess potentially requesting an abortion.

I'm guessing nobody has ever (openly) become pregnant in the BB House before? Kind of impressive, actually, given how many people have been through the set at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014
On the one hand, I eagerly await watching Cody scream bloody murder at Jessica for failing to complete some menial task like building a wooden bicycle using bamboo. And then calling her a beta to the camera behind her back.

On the other hand, I'm not really looking forward to all you salty betas then reflexively patting each other on the back saying "I KNEW he would go full Hitler, as he is the literal antichrist."

On the final hand, maybe Jody will be the couple to put the final nail in TAR's waterlogged coffin.

• Locked thread