Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

owned ea only bethesda and ubisoft get their own blocks this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Remember that PC gaming conference they did a couple years ago LOL

it was the worst thing i've ever seen

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the social commentary introduction to whatever team based shooter ubisoft is developing this year is going to be really hamfisted thanks to trump, teresa may, brexit, pepe frog, etc.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Square apparently just restarted work on FFVII Remake because they thought Cyber Connect 2's work so far sucked, which, hey, I could have told you that 2 years ago Square. Anyway it's never going to come out

good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

big ups to cheesemeister3k

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

cool. ive always wanted to try a etrian odyssey game so i hope the new one is good

everyone says its worse than 4, which isn't as good as 3. 1 is basically unplayble, 2 isokay. Don't play the remakes of 1 and 2 becasue theyr'e bad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

someone linked me to some pretty cool songs from one of them years ago and ive been curious ever since

yuzo koshiro did the soundtrack :cool:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm also not liking the teenage girl with a hoodie and headphones in the strange journey picture, gently caress you atlus

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

was this the most boring e3 in history ?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bge2 will be garbage

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Liked our charming zelda style game? Well heres the procgen no mans sky clone you wdre waiting for

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

eternal darkness is a bad game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

which version will have a better soundtrack

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

Some of the dev stuff they're putting out for BGE2 looks really cool though it still seems possible that these french freaks are never actually going to release this game or that the stuff they're trying to do with it won't actually be able to run on any machin.eThey built an engine where the camera was capable of zooming out to a planetary view and the ship flying and handling stuff looks genuinely great. I'll post the link when I get home

open world games are trash

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Soral posted:

the xbox is Small now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If I ever played these games solo I would last about 5 minutes because nothing is explained in detail

ya the in game systems are mostly explained no where it's really terrible. theres a little bit about stats on armor and how u need +10 per skill in there a little bit, but fundamental crap like how damage works or how some moves have a hit of armor that gives you invincibility is explained nowhere, so you have to look at reddit/youtube/discord/whatever. its freaking stupid.

that said i played thru mh4u up thru part of grank and and mhx eVery village quest even the egg carry quests and the hunter guild [multiplayer] quests a lot of it solo for hundred[s] of hours because i have autism.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Liquid Drink posted:

My favorite part of monster hunter is building Brown gear in moncrap. It's the most fun you could possibly have with a game

actually the gear is pink, or blue.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Monster Hunter 4U is extremely good. It's not a terrible thing for a game to require a bit of research. The core gameplay is amazing and while there are times when you think you'll never get the item you need it's bound to happen eventually if you work towards it. Chances can be as low as 1% for drops but you can typically get more chances at a specific item by breaking the right parts on the monster, cutting tails, grabbing shiny drops and capturing the monster if need be. Really the worst part of the game is anything involving gathering/mining and they've already made steps towards improving that in Generations. Monster Hunter is good.

the information should be in the game. drop rates should be in the game. some kind of basic weapon tree should be in the game. some explanation of skills that conveys more information than the sentence that they get should be in the game. armor points should be explained in the game. a bunch of other crap that isn't explained in the game, should be explained in the game. either put it in a text dump somewhere or figure out how to teach the player like a 1-1 mario level. theres 0 good reason to have to look at kiranico and gaijin hunter for basic information when it could be in the game.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Damage numbers seem like a step towards being more transparent so maybe we'll see some of that stuff in World.

i'll turn off the number becasue i'm against numbers flying off of the head due to borderlands 2 ptsd [start laffing to hard thinking about claptrap dubstep

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm hoping they get rid of rathian's retard charge, and any other retard charge style moves. thats what i hate the most. oh yeah and wind pushback

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

it's more important for every NPC to have ten thousand paragraphs of dialogue/cat puns that no human being will ever read

to be fair, it is

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Milkman posted:

numbers flying off head is one of the best visual goomba stomps but this is understandable

its a good way to tell if a game is absolute poo poo, like that western sprite art indie run n gun game that was billing itself as contra/metal slug styled but had number flying off the head

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Every jrpg has numbers fly out the head

that kind of thing doesn't count

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

The Surge has numbers flying off the head but it's a dark souls clone so its good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

It's loving awesome in Paper Mario when you have ten HP and your attacks do 1, and getting an additional 1 on certain attacks can break the game wide open.

this

• Locked thread