Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Quote this if you knew it was Metroid just from the distinctive space clouds before the logo even began to fade in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

He's back again and about time too
And this time he's in the mood
He can fly real high with his jetpack on
With his pistols out, he's one tough Kong

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

This looks good as hell but I wish it was on Switch

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If you don't already own a 3DS you're beyond help.

I do! It's just hard to go back to the 240p screen and uncomfortable controls.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

This looks so good that I'm not even blinking at "Samus has a melee counter" Sure whatever I'm in.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Audrey from the tree house was cracking under the pressure to do a live infinite bomb jump but I believed in her and she did it

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

extremebuff posted:

mp4 is being developed by a new studio, but its being headed by a guy that worked on link to the past and other legendary games. its far from an experimental B team. im not exactly worried

According to Wikipedia he's been a producer on everything Retro's done (and most of the paper Mario's...), so he probably has a good handle on the series. New blood is cool.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

MH World looks cool but I'm dying over my monkey's paw wish of getting the perfect Monhun machine and then monhun going to every other platform instead.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

The inevitable game that's influenced by both Dark Souls and PUBG will ruin my life and my posting for at least a decade

Huh, didn't know it's already out, what's it called?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I just saw they announced an XCOM 2 expansion with rival alien commanders who will try to mess you up and capture your troops for information and ultimately shoot down your base and capture you, and if they succeed you have to free yourself? Also various factions of the Resistance you can support. Sounds cool.

I got XCOM 2 for cheap from humble but never played it, I should get around to that some time.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

XCOM 2 is pretty much better than XCOM 1 in every way IMO. Although I don't think the DLC mech things are as cool or as useful as the equivalent from XCOM 1

It's on my list of barely-or-never-played strategy games, I'm just waiting to lose my job or suffer a debilitating injury so I can dive right in.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's loving bananas

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I still don't really believe that there's a Mario/Rabbids XCOM-like

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Nethlek Pargon Ulyaoth Pargon Bad Posts Pargon Pargon

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's absolutely a grind game, the first time I tried it I got a ways in and thought "ok it's like diablo but instead of right clicking on skeletons for five minutes and seeing what drops I'm fighting a dinosaur for twenty minutes and seeing what drops." so I stopped playing.

Then a while later I thought about it in those exact terms again and realized that I wanted to play that so I did and it was awesome. The grind is real tho and if you don't enjoy the moment to moment gameplay you shouldn't play it. Which is true of all games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's loving awesome in Paper Mario when you have ten HP and your attacks do 1, and getting an additional 1 on certain attacks can break the game wide open.

• Locked thread