Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

B. Birdsworth posted:

On the other hand, whenever NPR tries to report on science it does a terrible, dumb job.

science friday is more like a news magazine where they talk about cool poo poo. its really good. all the misanthropes itt who cant enjoy something thats earnest and enjoyable and about liking things, here's a tip dirtbags: you suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
tbf the local stuff is pretty okay and the world music show the Irish lady does here is dank asf

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
ky risdal sucks my poo poo

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
on being is insufferable beyond words

it makes me understand why conservatives hate liberals

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

B. Birdsworth posted:

On the other hand, whenever NPR tries to report on science it does a terrible, dumb job.

or recommend music

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DrPossum posted:

on being is insufferable beyond words

it makes me understand why conservatives hate liberals

not liking Krista Tippett or on being isnt political you busted freak

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Smythe posted:

science friday is more like a news magazine where they talk about cool poo poo. its really good. all the misanthropes itt who cant enjoy something thats earnest and enjoyable and about liking things, here's a tip dirtbags: you suck.

Well, it's definitely earnest!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imagine being so loving out of touch and retarded that you roll into an npr thread to bash prairie home in a universe where on being and marketplace money exist. hahahahahaa.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

all of these shows are extremely good and another good show that doesnt get posted about is science friday with ira flatow which is extremely good. he has a new gal who hosts sometimes now and she is very good too. i was skeptical about her at first as a big flatow fan, but ive come to accept her into my heart.

sci fri is really cool. i dont think ive heard the new gal tho

never heard on being though, i guess kqed doesnt run it. also not sure ive heard Marketplace Money, though regular marketplace isn't that good but ky risdal has a sexy voice so its fine

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Fresh Air. Quit stammering and get to the loving question, Terry.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Around here we get The Retro Cocktail Hour which is pretty dope and I'm a big ambient nerd so Night Tides and Hearts of Space are cool, otherwise NPR is p meh. Also listening to them try to sports reporting is just amazing

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's loving Q.

It's Tumblrites: The Radio Show

Omg I hate this show too. Glad to know other people agree with me. It would also often play on my way home from work.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Smythe posted:

all of these shows are extremely good and another good show that doesnt get posted about is science friday with ira flatow which is extremely good.

Are you loving kidding me. Ira Flatow is the most awkward, terrible interviewer that has ever been. Even if you're trolling you've gone too far.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Smythe posted:

Science Friday is embarrassingly bad. A high school class could do a better job.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Another show I dont like too much is the dinner party download. i dont know if thats got its own show or is still just a segment of another show.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Julius CSAR posted:

Around here we get The Retro Cocktail Hour which is pretty dope and I'm a big ambient nerd so Night Tides and Hearts of Space are cool, otherwise NPR is p meh. Also listening to them try to sports reporting is just amazing

Hearts of Space is great. Been listening to it since I was a kid.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cda posted:

Science Friday is embarrassingly bad. A high school class could do a better job.

i dont think so

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Flambeau posted:

Fresh Air. Quit stammering and get to the loving question, Terry.

Pretty hosed up to list this as the reason to dislike Fresh Air and not the reviews at the end of a lot of the episodes.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Smythe posted:

the worst show on npr is On Being, formerly known as Speaking of Faith, with Krista Tippett

no its table talk. or whatever show that talks about dinner party poo poo.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
dear god, gently caress ira glass. his speech pattern is unbelievably irritating.
also prairie home companion is terrible.

there was some show or announcer or someone in the triangle area, north carolina when i lived there (maybe it was national) but she must have been about 95 years old and always sounded like she was going to die mid-sentence.

npr sucks on the whole really since it's so loving blatantly biased but its the only thing resembling news on at 5:30 here.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Smythe posted:

Another show I dont like too much is the dinner party download. i dont know if thats got its own show or is still just a segment of another show.

dinner party download is very bad. I listened to an episode where they had lindy west on and I wanted to drive my car into a lamp post

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i dont think a high school class could produce a high quality hour long radio show every week for 26 years and ira flatows huge pile of awards tells me that your opinion of him is in the minority. just my 2c

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Smythe posted:

imagine being this boring

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

berth ell pup posted:

npr sucks on the whole really since it's so loving blatantly biased
lmao what

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zooted heh posted:

no its table talk. or whatever show that talks about dinner party poo poo.

dinner party download my friend. and thr table show is the splendid table which is alright most of the time. the host is cool and they got cool guests most of the time

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
ah yes, reality is a known liberal bias

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

turn off the TV posted:

Pretty hosed up to list this as the reason to dislike Fresh Air and not the reviews at the end of a lot of the episodes.

correct, or garrison keillor babbling incoherently before it comes on.
keep in tousch ahnd do good thingsh

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Xaris posted:

lmao what

I see a lot of people on these very forums complain that it's either left wing propaganda or right wing propaganda

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
it is extraordinarily left wing.

listen to their morning show of record, morning edition. there is an absolutely blatant liberal bias.

e: i don't really give a gently caress about politics and i don't vote btw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
at worst you could say some of the hosts are slightly boring marin limousine neoliberalism

which i guess compared to rest of america's media is hardcore communist propaganda but its hardly extraordinary left wing lmao

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

berth ell pup posted:

listen to their morning show of record, morning edition. there is an absolutely blatant liberal bias.

They really should take some lessons from more neutral radio programs, like Rush.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
honestly there's nothing like sitting in a hot car in a parking lot with your windows down blasting prarie home companion.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

berth ell pup posted:

e: i don't really give a gently caress about politics and i don't vote btw

its cool that you're so broke brained you come into the "worst show on npr" thread and your mind is so filled with trump AIDS and gay frog goblins etc that you go on a political tirade lol. you cant even contain it to say that ira glass sucks or whatever like everyone else with bad opinions itt.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

The local NPR station here is pretty good, they did a story on a guy killed by a mountain lion and played the song "wildcat" by Rattattat as the outro music.

Also I had a fling with the lady that does the traffic in the morning and its cool to hear the daily traffic report on the radio from someone that gave you a blow job.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

npr is wholefoods.wav

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Blockade posted:

The local NPR station here is pretty good, they did a story on a guy killed by a mountain lion and played the song "wildcat" by Rattattat as the outro music.

Also I had a fling with the lady that does the traffic in the morning and its cool to hear the daily traffic report on the radio from someone that gave you a blow job.

My station (although it may have been 1A) played Goldeneye 64 music during their coverage of the first senate hearing on the Russia investigation.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Blue Raider posted:

npr is wholefoods.wav

not really. whole foods is an expensive store, while npr is free, nonprofit radio. you're getting confused again

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Blue Raider posted:

npr is wholefoods.wav

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Smythe posted:

not really. whole foods is an expensive store, while npr is free, nonprofit radio. you're getting confused again

smythe you do not want to feel my belt boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
i posted seven sentences in this thread over three posts and that's a political tirade in today's gibbis lmfbo.

wonder why these dead gay forums are dying faster than ever.

• Locked thread