Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dana white gave DMMMJ a little FYI:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/dana-white-unfortunately-demetrious-johnson-dont-fights-231853859--mma.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Holloway is +130 in Vegas and Vitor -160 those seem like pretty good bets.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

The Vitor decision was bad

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Edgar next then Cub/Choi 2 and the winner gets a title shot please

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Do you wanna be a fuckin fighter?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Uncle Dana's bullying is not just limited to his employees:
http://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/7/15753768/dana-white-buying-up-houses-in-tournament-hill-neighborhood-bulldozing-them

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Looten Plunder posted:

This "tiny punchmen don't sell fights" thing is kind of weird to me. Isn't Mayweather the biggest seller of all time? It's my understanding the guy is 15 pounds heavier than DJ. 15 Pounds is nothing.

I'd have to look but I think Tyson probably beats Mayweather in terms of best seller. Mayweather's fights really never did well until he started fighting Mexican fighters on Mexican holidays. He went from Pretty Boy Floyd to Bad Boy Floyd to Money Mayweather in a decade or so. Boxing is also a much different animal than the UFC.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

big money big clit posted:

Should have gone with "Cat Smasher Realty."

"Pussy Crusher" would have been my choice

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

I know lmao but Conor has poo poo talked the UFC like that when he refused to comeback from Iceland but I suspect Artem didn't think of that.

The UFC didn't make Conor. Conor made Conor.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

It still kinda amazes me that the UFC Heavyweight division is a thing. Basically every single one of them could have chosen to say, play professional football for 500x the money.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Brock Lesnar, probably the best physical talent the division has ever seen, couldn't make it onto an NFL team.

Brendan Schaub is just sitting there like :smug:

I'm not saying that any of the current UFC Heavyweights could hack it in the NFL. It just puzzles me that they choose to dedicate their lives to the lowest paying of the contact sports. There's a reason we haven't seen a great heavyweight boxer for a long time. These guys all decided they could try to make it to the NFL or NBA.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

willie_dee posted:

Fighting is fun, its not a chore. Plenty of people do it purely for entertainment and don't ever want to become competitive.

Yes, I get that. However, we are discussing people choosing it as their profession not for their leisure activity.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

The Dave posted:

I think Lewis underestimated how hard Hunt can hit and started to shell up. This is based off of the patented Eye Ball Test.

I don't think he underestimated his punching power because there's highlight reel knockouts in abundance when it comes to Hunt. He probably just has never been hit that hard before.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Aldo's trainer is saying he was injured and that's why he didn't/couldn't throw kicks.
http://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/13/15792388/coach-jose-aldo-fought-injured-couldnt-throw-leg-kicks-ufc-212-mma

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

According to a Dana White video on facebook right now, Conor is going to defend his belt later this year. Huh.

Maybe the NYE card? But unlikely.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Some other personal favorites:
Emilianenko vs Thompson
Rampage vs Arona
Chonan vs Silva
Sakuraba vs The Gracies
Shamrock vs Frye
Fedor vs Randleman
Fedor vs CroCop

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

WBW is a tale eternally retold of a bunch of women who can't fight and Holly Holm, the one woman that can, but chooses not to.

Aishop's Fables

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

She did flat out say she was refusing to fight Cyborg on multiple occasions though right?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Unfunny Poster posted:

GDR is vehemently against cheating in MMA. Which is why she forfeit her championship so as not to be forced to fight against someone who blatantly cheats during a fight.

Counterpoint: She's shook AF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

From talking with Nick, he doesn't give a fuuuuuck. And is trying to find a sponsor for his next triathlon

• Locked thread