Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Neoliberalism killed the UFC wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

They should push him as the deadliest man to fit in a suitcase imo.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Black beast stronk

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

JaySB posted:

It still kinda amazes me that the UFC Heavyweight division is a thing. Basically every single one of them could have chosen to say, play professional football for 500x the money.

Some of the Americans maybe.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Almost definitely yes. They wear big helmets so the can slam their heads and be slammed in the head "without harm" but they found in amateur boxing that the helmets actually contribute to concussion rather than dampen it and there's no reason to believe that it's much different for gridiron helms.

Though I wonder if there are studies that compare American Football with Rugby in terms of concussion likelihood.

e: http://www.brain-injury-law-center.com/latest-news/head-injuries-rugby-vs-football/

There's at least this thing with some stats but it's not super deep or whatever

This argument is taking place in the boxing thread rn and its inconclusive.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483721&pagenumber=19

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Brock has certainly done enough steroids to be in the NFL.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Did Lewis gently caress up a weight cut or something vs Hunto? He seemed way more shy about eating shots than normal (even more than I would expect someone to be against Hunt). I only remember him shooting for a very sleepy takedown around R3/4, which Hunt just stepped around. Strikes me as strange that he'd be so timid having called Hunt out in the first place.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Cub-Artem was great because Cub gave him a standing hammer fist.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

If she was a diaz you'd have got it straight away.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

loving cerrone training while intoxicated

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Definitive proof that MM would be competitive at 170.

Also Joe Duffy is the balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

imo the make MM fight TJ plan was based on the assumption that TJ would beat MM, be flyweight champ and then make a big deal out of him fighting Cody when codys out of traction or whatever. The fact that MM would probably beat TJ and would likely be 50/50 if not better against Cody never crossed the mind of the suits that run the UFC now. Lol if you think Danas opinion means poo poo, hes a salaried hype man now.

• Locked thread