Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

Blow posted:

I'm pretty sure that by just being the POTUS the dude can gently caress us over in a myriad of ways if he so chooses to. I'm not saying the USA will nuke us.

No-one likes to be made fun of, to be the butt of a joke, to look like a fuckwit, to be embarrassed, it's a universal thing I think. Just depends on how you take it. Do you roll with it, or rage against the humiliation?

Donald will not take it well I feel. He remembers slights.

It's OK. Trump will declare war on Mt Trumble; President of Austria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

Korgan posted:

They're loving with you. I have to attend appointments with my provider once a fortnight at the most. And yeah, the "job searching" they "provide assistance and facilities" for is a loving joke. Years back I was having to come in once a week to use their computers for job searching. PCs running outdated windows, slowest internet connection so your searches take forever (but it's ok, here's the local paper on the table and oh someone took the job section with them, welp), grimiest loving keyboards and mice you ever saw. Walking into that room was the most humiliating, demoralising thing. I finally found a job through no assistance of that useless pack of shits and they had the gall to mail me a satisfaction survey and then ring me once a week to remind me to fill it out and return it or otherwise my personal agent would get a low mark.

I had similar a couple of years back, with Max Employment, the evil fuckers.
But from what I could gather this hour on their PC's was instead of spending a week in a seminar learning how to better find a job, as if they could actually help a person. Of course the government was giving them a shitload of money on the pretense of training me for a week.
In the end I did my job hunting at home before I went in, with the jobs I applied for on a list with me. I copied that list on to their approved form at their office, handed it to them and walked out.
They were fine with this arrangement.

Dammit, even just remembering my dealings with Max Recruitment gets me really angry.

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Aren't these job seeking places the type of totally legit business that has to rebrand every six months or even shutdown and reopen under a new name?

They don't have to do that any more. They've been given all the power.
Even when I finally got a job they kept calling each month to check my progress, no doubt getting more money for doing so.
My only relief was when I totally spat the dummy at them and shouted insults down the phone at them until they hung up. And not even that stopped them from calling me again a month later. Cue more insult calls, once a month for a year after i got that job.

Snoremac, stay strong and endure it. If you're in Melbourne I'll buy you lunch some time if you want.

• Locked thread