Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
any news on how the election is going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hahaha

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sounds promising

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GoldStandardConure posted:

besides who needs live music when you have friday night magic at tactics
fnm smells worse than an all ages moshpit in summer

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
10k added on to an initial purchase isn't unreasonable though, the cheaper energy bills would take pressure off your mortgage repayments

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bogan King posted:

It's only 0.38% added to the cost to buy a 3 bedroom place in Balmain. Of course the other $2.6M is really where the problem is.
but if you buy somewhere affordable it's good

bullshit house prices are another deal

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hate the name dole bludger

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zenithe posted:

The history of it is weird, and somewhat ironic that people who accuse others of being bludgers are more often than not those who the term would have originally applied to: i.e people who get rich of the work off others through little effort of their own.
yeah, they certainly are not getting rich

the term dole bludger is a form of symbolic violence against people that mostly don't have a choice in the way their lives are going

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Endman posted:

But pineapple on pizza is cool and good?
agreed

so is beetroot on burgs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tomato sauce in a burg is way more of a sin than beetroot

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HookShot posted:

You're right the thread with a dude who likes to shove things up his cock is definitely far superior to this one.
it's true

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure some Islamic people just got murdered

the world needs more love

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

You Am I posted:

More Love and Less Andrew Bolt.

That'll be my one topic political party slogan
i'd vote for you

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
killing doesn't fix anything

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gentleman Baller posted:

Hey, you guys know your poo poo about bad employers, wondering if you can help me figure out how legal this is.

My partner works at a Target in QLD, A few weeks ago they fired the older supervisors and demoted the younger ones, including her, saying that that position no longer exists in Target QLD.

My partner hated being a supervisor and only trained to be one because the store manager pleaded with her, and partially because of the extra cash. Needless to say she wasn't too upset about it. However, on the first day of her demotion she found out she's still expected to do almost all of the tasks, the only exception being the one none of the supervisors disliked (organizing breaks)

She asked if other 'retail assistants' would be trained to count registers, access the safe, assist with opening and closing the store, etc and the store manager informed her that "Staff who have been here longer and have more knowledge have more responsibility" or something non-committal but obvious like that. As of yet there hasn't been any talk of training anyone who wasn't a supervisor before the change.

Since they're a Target, the only union anyone is with is the SDA, and her co-workers say they're being useless for some reason. (:iiam:) The store manager said he's talked to the regional manager and it's all on the level.

So should she even try with the union? Straight to the Fair Work Ombudsman? Or have they found the right combination of magic words to gently caress over their employees?
They did that at Woolworths the year that I quit

was it the reason I quit? one among many

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is it legal? probably

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We will deliver improve law and order

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008