Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
Not sure if :thejoke: but Pauline does anticipate a cyborg Indian (who is also a Chinese lesbian) being the new supreme leader in 2050.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/32215758/asian-lesbian-cyborg-pauline-hanson-book-the-truth-one-nation/#page1

quote:

Perhaps the strangest claim in the book is that Australia would soon be overrun by Asians if it did not cease all immigration, continuing to suggest that by the year 2050, Australia would be ruled by President Poona Li Hung, a part-cyborg lesbian of Chinese and Indian descent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Could you make it any easier for your opponents to make unflattering comparisons between you and ISIS?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Yeah, it's impossible not to read it as "I always believed in helping those in need. Then I realised I wasn't in need and thanks to my family connections never would be, so gently caress those people!"

But in horror story news, Stopping The Boats has taken a hell of a loving turn over in Europe.

It's Whale Wars but even more racist and incompetent!

We need to turn back refugee boats for their own good to prevent the same thing happening here :smug:

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

But it's not turning back the refugee boats - it's interfering with the rescue boats trying to save lives if the refugee boats sink.

They're wanting to attack the rescue boats and block them from ever leaving port.

Yeah I know, it'was just a dumb joke.

After all it's pretty common for people to blame far right extremism on a vacuum created by not being cruel enough to refugees.

e: on the subject of treating refugees like poo poo

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...602-gwiznl.html

quote:

In a letter, an immigration department official acknowledged a "compelling and compassionate" case for granting the visa, but said they also needed to consider Masooma's personal circumstances and the relative attractiveness of Australia compared to Pakistan.

"Although I am very sympathetic to your desire to be present at your husband's funeral during this difficult time, I am not satisfied that the compassionate grounds outweigh the concerns I have over your compliance with the conditions that will be placed on any visa granted to you," the immigration official wrote.

"I am not satisfied that your personal and economic circumstances in Pakistan would provide you with incentive to return and your expressed intention only to stay temporarily in Australia is genuine."

ModernMajorGeneral fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jun 5, 2017

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

JBP posted:

Bombs or not the dude isn't a random crazy, he's a dude with internet access watching a bunch of bad poo poo and sharing bad opinions with other clowns instead of chilling in the 'yob for a bit until he calmed down.

"Using the internet and sharing ideas with like minded people" isn't very convincing criteria to distinguish between Islamist terrorists and psychiatric patients.

Where are you getting these things about making bombs and online plots? Nothing I've seen has any information beyond an unidentified guy shooting another guy, taking a hostage and getting shot, and some other unidentified guy who may or may not have been the murderer making a phone call about Islamic state.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Bogan King posted:

Alternatively:

Alternatively 2.0:

Grog has :words: [Guardian]

Uh, what happened to Japan's 10 years of economic stagnation here?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

What is the hot take in this article? I'm thinking it's something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drQETQ2iprU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
I don't really have a problem with the AFP being in airports considering a large part of the problem with 21st century security theatre is more and more powers being handed to incompetent border force-esque rentacops from actual police.

quote:

Mr Andrews says he is very concerned about their proposal and the council's state funding will be reviewed.

"There is no safe way to rail against the West.

D&D and auspol will be next

ModernMajorGeneral fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 8, 2017

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

quote:

But Bowen will argue a UBI is a terrible idea, because it would mean Labor has given up the principle “of ensuring dignity through work for Australians”.

the21stcenturyleft.txt

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Bogan King posted:

She at least wrote OK stuff before this. But she quickly became the person that people would leak to because no one else liked her so she got stuff to wind the CPG up. She definitely wasn't this far up her own clacker back in the day. Moving to Fairfax really let her shine in that respect.

--------------------------------

https://twitter.com/MayneReport/status/873122952413192193

One of these things is not like the others ♪ one of these things doesn't belong ♪

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

I like how the sample reading comprehension is a pro coal industry piece.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
[quote=Tony Abbott and Peter Dutton condemn payout to refugees detained on Manus Island
]Dutton said Labor inaction on managing Australia’s borders had led to the record payout.[/quote]

I know I shouldn't be surprised but this is just beyond parody.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
Unless there is a window in the middle of her panties I'm not sure what could be in the censored picture that isn't already shown in the others. A sinful belly button?

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Lid posted:

Clive Palmer has defended taking his family and friends on an expensive Mediterranean cruise a month after complaining of health problems during a court hearing.

The former federal MP appeared at a federal court hearing in Brisbane in May clutching a vomit bag and using a breathing apparatus and a pillow while giving evidence to liquidators of his Queensland Nickel company.

Photos emerged on Monday showing Palmer and his family boarding the 24-day, $10,000-a-head cruise in Spain.

To be fair I'm not sure there is a recreational activity more popular with unhealthy old people than cruises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

ewe2 posted:

There is a class structure: I would characterise it as the rich, the managerial class, the political class, the employed, the working poor, and everyone else in order of who looks down on who, and who gives the orders. Maybe we should classify full time and part time in that, but I tend to think part timers are working poor anyway. But upper, middle, and working divisions are just as useless today as white and blue collars.

The managerial class might be above the political class in terms of snobbery (the only time when looking down on a class is correct and good) but I'm not sure they have the power to give them orders.

• Locked thread