Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Imagine not knowing the word succinctly as a speech writer, and then getting upset when someone can't verbalise your speeches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Hand in your vag, you're off the force!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It's funnier if you realise it's not even an original evil thought and he had to steal some other fuckwit's hot take.

https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status...pagenumber%3D98

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Just one.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

JBP posted:

Bombs or not the dude isn't a random crazy, he's a dude with internet access watching a bunch of bad poo poo and sharing bad opinions with other clowns instead of chilling in the 'yob for a bit until he calmed down.

I mean that's probably what happened, but also maybe not. Bourke Street was just a 'random crazy.' Monis probably was too.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Anidav posted:

WHat should be not be surprising in the least for the ALP is that 17% of 18-34 Queenslanders going for PHON

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

10 bux the missing au pair is in di Natale's basement.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Nice to know Bolt's limit that he's willing to be pushed to before going for the nutpunch is literally being made to look a little silly.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'm sure the Herald Sun will give Andrews all the credit for being tough on crime and terrorism and won't simply talk about invisible African youth gangs roaming our streets.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"Stop being whingers you fucks, if he'd just been a junky it'd just be a tragic statistic."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

JBP posted:

No it wouldn't it would be "why aren't you warring on drugs" and "why are meth heads invading beautiful Brighton".

"So much for the masculine right. Want a safe space?"

I really think Labor needs to start just asserting their policies/opinions are correct regardless of whatever the right might say. The right do it. You just need to say it loudly enough.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

JBP posted:

Your guy just blamed Australia for terrorism and you think that is going to gel with swing voters. What the loving lol. If they want that speech they can vote for the Greens, that's fine and good for the country. The ones that are swinging left to right don't give a gently caress about anything in that fancily worded statement.

I mean, if you've been paying attention at all to the British election you should know getting this message across to a similar audience actually isn't that difficult.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

JBP posted:

I think you all misunderstand that I am stating what happens in politics, not my ideological perspective. The ALP doesn't have a strong, noble approach to terrorism that isn't security and law and order. Their policy is watered down LNP policy. I don't even vote for the ALP.

I could get in here and masturbate furiously over the purest ideology with the best, but then we would be in the same sphere as voters that doggedly pursue law and order issues or flip their wigs over terrorism. The plain and simple problem is that you want Labor economic policy for what that is worth these days, but you have to deal with the fact that the working voter base for the ALP is very interested in law and order/terrorism. The more this stuff happens both here and internationally, the more it speeds ALP voters who have welfare state hearts across to the LNP because they hate browns and fear spectres so viscerally that they submit to getting clowned on economically in exchange for a perception of security.

This is a country that elects conservative governments far more often than it does progressive governments and I think you need to factor that into policy and public statements.

But this lazy approach to convincing people is exactly why these people are never challenged to think of the problems another way. The ALP should actually come up with policy that attempts to fight the problem in a different way.

Attacking the libs for only dealing with the surface problem and making the country less safe due to security theatre is exactly the way you convince people to change their mind. You reassure them the problem is being dealt with, just not in the same stupid loving way they'd like it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

JBP posted:

The British election is being lost in the polls by an incompetent Tory candidate.

Three terrorist attacks while Jam-man 'Actually this is blowback for imperialist wars in the middle east' Corbyn rose steadily in the polls. 75% of Britons agreed with him that wars in the ME increased the risk of terror, while the press were wanking over how awful the stance would be for him in the polls.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I thought most police use hollow points for pretty much that exact reason, less penetration.

I guess the counter-terrorism guys have to prepare for body armour?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Isn't desertification bad for avos though?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Bogan King posted:

Way to ruin my lust for a nuclear fallout hellscape.

Maybe smashed prickly pear on damper will take off?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Kommando posted:

Shorten is thinking of emulating the UK labour platform and is copping poo poo from his own party.

Yeah, but he'll emulate Labour like he emulates being a human. He deserves to cop poo poo.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

hakimashou's a nazi and everyone should tell him to gently caress off.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Also there are no rivalries there. Melbourne is better and Brisbane is worse.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

If you're building a house don't you also need to either install water tanks or solar panels to pass code these days? Buying a battery on top of that's not too crazy.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

freebooter posted:

I had a horrible thought, forgive me if it's already been aired: what if Corbyn proves that ~Change From Within~ was possible after all?

Was possible, or is possible?

Corbyn was only allowed to stand as a joke by right wing MPs.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7u9hP4r1S8

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

You're absolutely correct FamilyVoice "sex changes" are a myth and do not change a person's sex. Instead the process is called gender reassignment. hth.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Guess my brother was lucky as gently caress. He just recently quit his agency job after working in a plastic bag factory. They weren't giving him proper safety gear to deal with the fumes from the glue and his agency didn't even ask why, just gave him a new job on the Monday.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

hooman posted:

Holy poo poo please have him report this to a regulator or safety agency or union or loving something.

because uhhhh yeah holy poo poo.

Yeah, he said the guy he was working with was completely hosed in the head from the stuff after working there for like 10 years. I should get him to give WorkSafe a call.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Seems to me like paying $13/h for training would be the same as unpaid trials. That is it's only legal insofar as it's necessary as a demonstration of your skill. If you had more than one shift of doing the same type of work at that rate that's probably illegal, but IANAL.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

If there's one lesson we can take from Corbyn's success in Britain it's that *checks notes* small target strategies and folding in the face of right wing scare tactics works!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

JBP posted:

Compulsory voting. Corbyn irrelevant.

I mean he's not irrelevant, because good policy is good policy, there's just no reason for the ALP to want good policy at the moment.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Bogan King posted:

Yeah this is UKPol but AusPol is garbage fires being thrown on top of garbage fires so have a little something to get excited about. Sinn Fein looking like taking their seats for the first time just to wreck Tory poo poo [Sun].

Not going to happen, Sun's making poo poo up.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Sparticle posted:

I'm looking forward to Labor supporting the LNP's new policy of stopping global warming by shrinking the sun.

:rolleyes: No, you loving idiot. You child. See, this is why people can't take you Global Warmists seriously. You have to strawman your opponents positions so much just to try and prove us wrong.

If we want to fight the completely natural warming of the Earth we just have to correct Jupiter's spin.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Best. State.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

hooman posted:

EDIT2: Fuckit, look just poo poo your pants.

The Ted Nugent strategy. Bold.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

No, Frank introduces himself to some guy in a MAGA hat calling himself Aussie MGTOW.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Men cant access abortion services anywhere in the world. Now who's oppressed?

They can if they have a uterus.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

What's the mammamia thing?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I wouldn't know. Only bourgies can eat at nandos.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Does Pizza Hut even exist anymore? I haven't seen one in years.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Lizard Combatant posted:

What debate? Pineapple and hot sauce was unanimously agreed upon from memory.

Pineapple? Disgusting. Beetroot on a burger is god-tier burgermaking though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Endman posted:

But pineapple on pizza is cool and good?

jfc

• Locked thread