Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

pubic works project posted:

The hot poo poo back in my day was the comic book cards. The ones I always liked was the Marvel ones by the Hildebrandt brothers.

Yeah, the second series of Marvel trading cards is how I got into Marvel. "Wait, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk, and Ghost Rider once replaced the Fantastic Four? I *have* to read that!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

purple death ray posted:

Batman's had a few stories with demonic undertones, check out Batman: Gothic or Dark Knight, Dark City. There's also a single issue story called Sanctum from Legends of the Dark Knight 54, with Mike Mignolia on art.

E: my favorite superheros vs. dumb kids pretending to be cultists is the episodes of JLU where some nerds in black capes accidentally bring Solomon Grundy back to life in their suburban den or whatever.

And then there's this:

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

got any sevens posted:

In 80 or so years of batman comics that never happened before?

Not on the main Earth. It did happen on Earth-2 pre-Crisis.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

pubic works project posted:

Full list (because I'm bored at work):

Abra Kadabra, Atomic Skull II, Blockbuster II (Roland Desmond), Cheetah III (Barbara Ann Minerva), Chronos (David Clinton), Circe, Copperhead, Doctor Phosphorus, Doctor Polaris (Neal Emerson), Enforcer ("Joe Gardner", a Draalian clone of Guy Gardner), Evil Star II, Gorilla Grodd, Hellgrammite, Killer Frost II, Killer Moth, Lex Luthor, Major Disaster, Metallo, Mist (Kyle Nimbus), Mr. Freeze, Ocean Master, Psycho-Pirate II (Roger Hayden), Rag Doll (Peter Merkel, Sr.), Shadow Thief, Shrapnel, Spellbinder III (Fay Moffit) a.k.a. Lady Spellbinder

These are all the villians that I believed kept their enchanced powers after Underworld Unleashed. The Rogues got taken to Hell and later Wally West freed their souls and returned them to their bodies, which were running amok in Keystone City.

Of course the New 52 reboot pretty much erased all of this, which is fine because some cool villians like Dr. Polaris died or otherwise became mutated like Killer Moth.

Joker also sold his soul, but for a box of Cuban cigars.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

purple death ray posted:

Isn't Netflix also making the Castlevania anime?

I dunno if it's an anime, but Warren Ellis is writing it.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Ewing's about the only person who could make an Excalibur relaunch interesting for me.

(Finally, a POINT to all the extradimensional antics!)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

At the moment, all you need to follow for Miles is Spider-Man. Plus Champions if you want Miles and his amazing friends.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

The first superhero was Gilgamesh

I know (hope?) you're kidding, but Peter David once made a convincing argument for Don Quixote.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Laika loving destroyed me.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Mother of gently caress. From his various comments, Chaykin's obviously not in favor of what's depicted on the cover, but there's still such a thing as good taste, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

I've seen at least one person make that suggestion, but I don't know that the problem has come up since... 2005-6, maybe? I remember there was a Conan "nude" cover, but I don't remember what they did about it.

• Locked thread