Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Archyduke posted:

My elementary school was briefly but extravagantly invested in Garfield, to the extent that there was an afternoon Garfield Club (where people just hung around in the library drawing Garfield, I guess?) and eventually Garfield books and paraphenalia were banned. After the ban kids would covertly swap Garfield digests behind the gas station half a mile down the road from the school. This was in the mid-90s so as far as I know well after the cartoon ended. Chalk it up to extraordinary delusions and/or the madness of crowds I guess. I remember a friend's very first AOL screenname being Knights_Odie and I assure you there was not a trace of irony involved.

I want to read a fuckin shonen manga about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Batman's had a few stories with demonic undertones, check out Batman: Gothic or Dark Knight, Dark City. There's also a single issue story called Sanctum from Legends of the Dark Knight 54, with Mike Mignolia on art.

E: my favorite superheros vs. dumb kids pretending to be cultists is the episodes of JLU where some nerds in black capes accidentally bring Solomon Grundy back to life in their suburban den or whatever.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 3, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's Tom King writing it so yes, bring it on.

E: not Batman dying, that's not what I mean

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Wait till you look under your name and realize that you've been on a forum for ten years.

Pretty soon...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Don't feel bad I honestly have enjoyed every single weird out of left field (character) vs. Aliens/Predator crossover I have read.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The idea of monsters and monster hunters is so effortlessly cool and yet there are almost no good movies about it, somehow

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Isn't Netflix also making the Castlevania anime?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Timeless Appeal posted:

If anyone hasn't seen Lookwell, take out twenty minutes of your day.

It's a strong reminder of just how talented the guy really was.

Oh this is really good, thanks for posting this

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wheat Loaf posted:

Since it was chatted about a few pages ago, is the new Mummy reboot franchise D.O.A.? I've heard it's done pretty badly in the short time it's been out.

It opened really well internationally so expect a bunch more forgettable monster movies over the next decade.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Super Dan posted:

The rumor is that they want Dwayne Johnson for a Wolf Man movie. I don't know if it will be good, but I don't think it will be forgettable.

Even if they do get him they'll probably waste him on the boring leading hero guy and let someone else play do motion capture for the Wolf Man.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Job security.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Christ, I wish summoning demons was that easy

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

pubic works project posted:

I'd play the poo poo out of this game.

Especially if you get to play as Barry and gently caress everything up yourself.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

And probably the movies, eventually.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

joehonkie posted:

With Chaykin's art style, every woman is arguably a trans woman.

No please go on, explain what this means in excruciating detail.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Question IRL posted:

Yeah I never got the impression that Glomgold was Irish.
The new one, who knows. He does have a green suit so maybe? I think he should be a Trump like trust baby.

Also the big question is who should voice Darkwing Duck when he shows up. (And he must show up.)

Will Arnett

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Which is the issue where Cyclops gets chumped by a depowered Storm? That's my favorite one.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

joehonkie posted:

That's why I was confused. I'm always behind on my Marvel books and hadn't caught up to Infamous Iron Man being a book and being a separate one (I googled it).

EDIT: I knew there was an Infamous comic book.

Infamous Iron Man is a comic about Tony Stark playing Infamous on his Playstation

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's finally as confusing to buy comics as it always has been to read them

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

"The Mirth of a Nation"?

Also the girl's tiny hands on that B&V cover are freaking me the hell out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm probably the biggest Chaykin cheerleader on this forum but he's on his own with this bullshit

And Justice League/JLU is the only superhero TV you need.

• Locked thread