Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Wheat Loaf posted:

Obviously the big thing - really overwhelmingly huge - when I was in school was Pokémon. It's wild to think of how big that was for a couple of years (I think between 1997 and 1999). But it was the trading card game that was the biggest thing about it; sure, people watched the cartoon and played the games but the cards were the big draw. Nobody I knew could actually play the game, of course; trading them was the main appeal.

Before that, it was yo-yos. I remember yo-yos being a super popular fad for a while when the Pro-Yo II came out.

Lol are you me? This is my young life.

Pokémon ended up being banned from the Christian school I attended because it was a sinner's devol game that distracted from the glory of worshipping god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

I haven't the faintest clue what the big crazes are with kids nowadays. What is the big thing, anyway?

fidget spinners

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RevKrule posted:

You can get all of Punisher MAX (Ennis and Aaron) for ~$20. This is the best loving deal ever. Most of the other stuff I've found I haven't been super interested in because I have Marvel Unlimited but since they don't do MAX, this is beyond awesome.

Punisher Max and Alias are the two buys for those who get MU.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

Yeah, something more along the lines of Indiana Jones or the Brendan Fraser Mummy movies would be fun, or the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies.

(Guy Ritchie should remake The Assassination Bureau though I'm not sure who the 2017 version of Oliver Reed would be - would no doubt end u with, say, Tom Hiddleston as Dragomiloff, which might be quite good.)

I would have loved a late 90s/early 00's Brenden Fraiser led franchise of him fighting each Universal Monster after The first Mummy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Calaveron posted:

So uh, Adam West died

He couldn't get rid of the bomb today. :(

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

I just realised that it's literally a fortnight until the twenty-year anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone coming out.

I did not read Harry Potter until I was over 18 and moved into my own place. Reason: Magic is the satanic and those books would have me performing rituals because it was full of secret anti Christian codes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Skwirl posted:

I'm trying to imagine Rob Liefeld actively wanting to separate his New Mutants and X-Force from what I expect to be a very popular Cable and Deadpool movie in the next few years.

nah rob is nice and would be happy to talk to people

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I collect statues and stuff of a few specific characters. I had the idea of getting the first appearance issue for each of them to hang on the wall (since the wall space behind the shelves is just being wasted) but 2 of them are Cyclops and Green Arrow, so that's just not happening.

Anyone recommend good issues to represent those two? And not you know, several thousand dollars. They don't actually have to be good comics.

Cyclops:

Green Arrow:

Just print them off and get them signed. Better than comic covers!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

got any sevens posted:

Is the origin of spideygwen that she got the spidey powers as an std from peter? Because it should be

Wasn't that Silk?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ah so both did. Thanks for clearing it up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SpAIDSer-man

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Im glad afterlife with Archie is finally getting a new issue.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Is it really or are you making a joke based on the other Archie stuff? Because if you just got my hopes up imma cut you :(

A joke since afterlife with Archie was supposed to kill Betty during the arc it stopped being put out.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The first superhero was Gilgamesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I know (hope?) you're kidding, but Peter David once made a convincing argument for Don Quixote.

Last I checked superhuman strength is a superpower.

• Locked thread