Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

Has anyone tried the Archie unlimited service? What's the back catalog like?

It's pretty solid, though the app was a little wonky before they moved backend provider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm enjoying Paul Cornell's current run.
Unique art and setting (some weird pop art sex and afterlife obsessed future society she wakes up to. With clown police.)
https://www.comixology.com/Vampirella-2017/comics-series/86428 #0 issue is free.

Also, the new costume.

Edit: The previous Kate Leth run ditched the cheesecake too. No idea how it was, though.
https://www.comixology.com/Vampirella-2016/comics-series/66911

I really enjoyed the Leth run. It basically took the Elvira comparison and ran with it, with her moving to LA and becoming a midnight movie host at a revival movie theater.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dexie posted:

:psyduck:

I didn't know Morrison wrote stuff for her either. I'm just learning all sorts of things today, I guess.

I'm looking forward to it!

I feel like Amanda Conner did the art for Morrison or Millar on Vampirella too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I love big Dave, but Batista bombs suck.

To be fair, I think he decided that as well, because he just did regular power bombs in his last few matches and Michael Cole pretended that was the Batista Bomb the whole time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

The only happy ending in all of Injustice is Black Canary's, and she got dragged back for the sequel.

She still gets a happy ending. Her and Ollie's kid goes on playdates with Harley's little girl and they all join the JLA. :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

If they're going to make an Injustice 3 they probably use the Superman ending of the main game, and that's not good for anyone.

Actually, I think Boon's already said they'd do the Batman ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Given the common 'superheroes as modern myth' argument, it's not unreasonable to take it the other way and include Gilgamesh, Achilles and Cú Chulainn as proto-superheroes.

• Locked thread