Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I saw Rosa at Dragoncon last year and someone came up to him asking about Flintheart Glomgold being Irish. Rosa was quick to correct him that in the comics Glomgold was from South Africa and that the change of nationality was just for Duck Tales. I can understand how tiring it could be to care a lot about a specific story and to have to spend all your time explaining to people how it is different than what they're used to.

His annotations for his Fantagraphics collections are fantastic. He spent a lot of his time and life dedicated to preserving the stories that Barks told and building on his legacy so he's got a lot personally invested in those ducks. One of his big qualms with Ducktales was the addition of Launchpad McQuack (who he thought was okay) and he absolutely hates Bubba the Cave Duck. Tomorrow if I've got time I'll dig up the collection and see if I could find his exact words on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

You can tell the casting director of Ducktails '17 listens to Comedy Bang Bang.

I bet the first suggestion for Scrooge was Paul F Tompkins.

Nah he's too busy being Gladstone Gander, which is pitch perfect casting for him.

Lurdiak posted:

Pretty sure Glomgold is Scottish in the cartoon, not Irish, since he dresses, talks and acts like a racist stereotype of Scottish people. He's wearing a goddamn kilt!

You're right. I mixed the two up.

• Locked thread