Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
My parents are moving, so I went to pack up what of my crap I had left there. My dad told me to take the boxes of comics he had collected in his youth as he had to clear the space, and my brother and I had grown up reading them anyways so they were pretty beat to poo poo by now. I hadn't looked at those boxes for a good 16 years at least though, so it was pretty fun to dig through one of them this evening and see what was there. It was a combination of Dad's old comics, 80s Gladstone comics from when I was a little fellow and other 90s detritus that had collected from the time I had grown up. I pulled out a few gems to take some snaps of this evening.

First off, some kracking Kirby kovers:

I guess the old man wasn't keen on Don Rickles?

poo poo drat

Wish the cover was still on this one, bummer

And some other oddities and delights:

The Ten-Eyed Man has a place in my heart

hell yeah Prez

70s post-apocalypse was so dope, Killraven as well

Not much to say on this one

yeah Stingray

Boomerang's costume was mad goofy

Kubert cover, Kirby interiors

Not a 70s comic, but drat what an issue

yeahhhh

Those old Spectre comics were so great- people just getting hosed up left and right in horrifying ways. I didn't flip throught it, but if memory serves a criminal hairdresser gets cut in half by giant scissors

Last seen in Nextwave, I believe

Weird Worlds was such a great, if schizophrenic book.

SUDDEN-DEATH SHOWDOWN

RIP Captain Stacy

Neal Adams' X-Men were really something else

They were talking about Tiger Shark in the Marvel Handbooks thread and it reminded me of him

Iron Man vs Commie Iron Men (and the Crimson Dynamo is such an amazing name)

My favourite Wonder Woman

And of course, the answer to the world's problems:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I don't think it's complete, but if memory serves most of it's in those boxes somewhere.

• Locked thread