Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love how the Fortress of Solitude is depicted in Batman and Superman vs Aliens and Predator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did Batman die again?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

pubic works project posted:

No he proposed to Catwoman.

I was expecting whatever it was to be really dumb, but that's actually awesome

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't read it, but presumably the Alan Moore Vampirella

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Weren't both Dracula Untold and I, Frankenstein attempts to create a Universal Monsters cinematic universe?

They've tried this three times now, I think at this point they've decided to just do it no matter what

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

purple death ray posted:

The idea of monsters and monster hunters is so effortlessly cool and yet there are almost no good movies about it, somehow

I refuse to not be optimistic about the Monster Hunter movie.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

David D. Davidson posted:

It's being made by the guy who made the Resident Evil movies.

the Resident Evil movies

were good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

If it was 1995, I guess

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skwirl posted:

They aren't using the name Ironheart on the covers, so that doesn't hold water..

Don't be silly. Just because they aren't doing it now doesn't mean that it wasn't a consideration. They clearly want Ironheart to be a big character, they weren't going to give her a name that would face significant legal limitations in promotions and marketing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skwirl posted:

You run a comic book shop, how much to buy an issue of Ironheart #1?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skwirl posted:

I was wrong when I said they didn't put the words Iron Heart on the cover, but the name of the comic is still Invincible Iron Man. I was asking where I could buy Iron Heart #1

Why are you asking that? What point are you trying to make? Ironheart doesn't headline a comic book, therefore she never will, not in a million years? Or have a toy or any sort of merchandise where Marvel would want a free hand to use her name?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
just stick with manga, imo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wait, the current Miles isn't the Miles from the Ultimate Universe?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

X-O posted:

The current Miles is definitely the Miles from the Ultimate Universe, but his past has been altered in some way. Spider-Men II is going to dive into that and will also touch on the Miles Morales that is originally from the 616 universe that was teased in the first Spider-Men series.

There's a new manga out called Delicious in Dungeon. It's about a group of adventurers who lose all their money so they decide that rather than buying food before they go into the dungeon, they'll just figure out how to cook and eat standard Dungeons and Dragons monsters. It's really funny, and gets super in depth about the anatomy of mythical monsters and how to prepare them

I think I like that more than a character getting changed via big crossover event, and you'll find out what actually happened a couple years later in another big crossover event

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endless Mike posted:

There's no reason 616 Miles has to be a child considering 616 Peter is an adult and Ultimate Peter was like 16 when he died.

wasn't the whole point of Ultimate Spider-man so they can have a child Spider-Man again? Ending up with two adult Spider-mans seems like a waste

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Lord posted:

Franco-Belgian comics having spin-offs and tie-ins will never not be weird to me. Isn't part of the appeal supposed to be that they're nothing like superhero comics?

I don't think that's how they define themselves, no

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

They don't have costumes or secret identities, tho. And most of those guys didn't go around helping people.

They absolutely do have costumes and secret identities

Gilgamesh/Archer, Achilles/Rider, and Cú Chulain/Lancer

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Timeless Appeal posted:

The current saga arc has some interesting stuff, but man it does kind of feel like the first time the story has dragged for me. Part of Saga's charm has always been how it doesn't really conform to cliches about alien races and allows itself to go crazy with possibilities of what's actually out there. But outside of the frank (If you're not caught up this is a big spoiler) abortion and miscarriage discussions and some of the usual charming character moments, it seems like just indulging in their weird impulses in a way that just doesn't seem as purposeful.

Also to be honest, Gwen and Sophie were the characters I was most invested in.

I follow it in trades, and the last one definitely was starting to lose me. Too much negative poo poo happening to the family.

Before I read it I'd heard that it introduced a trans character. I was kinda excited for that, because Saga is usually really good with that kind of thing. But when she shows up she's literally introduced dick first, and the comic didn't seem in any big hurry to give her much characterization or plot relevancy after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

This makes me very unhappy.

How do you feel about Gilles de Rais/Caster and King Arthur/Saber?

• Locked thread