Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

CapnAndy posted:

I am reposting this for you June chatters who would also possibly like to pick up a hundred digital TPBs for like ten bucks:

So if you have a Kindle or any tablet with a Kindle app (or even just a Comixology account apparently), Amazon seems to have gone pants-on-head crazy: They're selling hundreds (possibly thousands?) of TPBs at insane prices. And these are both recent and relevant! Secret Wars is $3.40, 1602 is $3.00, and God Loves, Man Kills is $0.80. This is lunacy.

You can get all of Punisher MAX (Ennis and Aaron) for ~$20. This is the best loving deal ever. Most of the other stuff I've found I haven't been super interested in because I have Marvel Unlimited but since they don't do MAX, this is beyond awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Punisher Max and Alias are the two buys for those who get MU.

Absolute must buys, yes. A lot of great events should be bought at these prices too because Marvel Unlimited is AWFUL for any kind of crossover.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pogs AND Pokemon cards were banned from local schools because of the "gambling" logic. poo poo, we weren't even allowed to play "rear end in a top hat" because it involved playing cards. I suppose it's more logical than the Satan thing, though. Although I tend to find satanists on the whole to be hilarious.

Speaking of satanism, are there any Batman vs satanism stories? If so I assume they're appropriately stupid. I know the Cult's a good'un, and a lot of fiction tends to kind of make the whole satanism thing interchangeable with cult stuff, which is a bit off base. A lot of satanists are basically just hedonists with a flair for the dramatic who think pentagrams and the color black is cool (they're right).

A lot of R'as al Ghul stories have satanist undertones to them. Does that count?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

redbackground posted:

I fixed my broken clothes dryer all by myself!

Did you just get a new bag of clothes pins? Or was the line slacking too much?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Don't grade anything unless you have a rough idea of what the grade is and the value after grading. There's a lot of comics that are valuable but you almost end up losing money because of the grading.

I usually estimate it's about 40-60 all said when grading books (including grading, return shipping and I usually pay the extra $10 for rush) for a blue label (standard grading). If a 9.8 sells for $100 on ebay, chances are very low I'd make that money back if I sold.

Plus, you're talking probably 2-3 month on the fast end w/o your book so keep that in mind.

For judging how much a book is worth, ebay's the best way to go. Just look and see what the average is for actually sold book. No one cares if it was listed for $1000 if it only ever sells for $200.

And unless you're gonna sell them to a local shop (which will get you probably 60% of the value on the high end), ebay is the best way to go. You can do a real auction house (comic connect, heritage) if you think the book is really worth something good but for fast turn around, ebay can't be beat, despite issues.

• Locked thread