Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Argue posted:

Or rather, the arc was (is???) titled Betty RIP, but they didn't say she'd die.
Obviously we'll be seeing the Betty of Zur-En-Arrh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Madkal posted:

I remember reading When the wind blows and it being one of the saddest comics I have ever read, so I am wondering what are some of your guys saddest comics you have ever read.

edit: I guess a brief synopsis and why it was so sad might be needed. The story is about an elderly British couple who live in their home. On the radio they hear about a nuclear bomb going off in Britain, and remembering all they learned and read they prepare themselves as best they can to survive the nuclear attack, though being an elderly British couple their understanding of what is going on and what they are doing might be a bit....confusing. The book just follows them as they slowly succumb to radiation poisoning while trying to keep their spirits up and also while they aren't really sure what is going on. So if you want to read a book about an elderly British couple slowly dying while being devoted and loving to each other....well now you can see why it was one of the saddest books I have ever read.
I've never read the original Briggs comic, but the animated adaptation killed me when I was a kid.

• Locked thread