Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Or rather, the arc was (is???) titled Betty RIP, but they didn't say she'd die. It's Afterlife though so even Archie dying would be fair game.

A new issue of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is coming out next month so I'm holding out hope that we'll see another issue of Afterlife in our lifetime.

X-O posted:

Mark Waid specifically said in an interview he wasn't killing anyone. So I think they're just hyping it to hype it.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/archie-reveals-the-victim-of-its-tragic-over-the-edge-s-1796223305

They're gonna kill her for real and then Jughead gets recruited into the Time Police and saves her in the Jughead comic :getin:

Argue fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Parasol Prophet posted:

Wait, for real this time? Because I've seen that date get pushed back a month at a time for way too long to get my hopes up.

They've been promising it for a while, and so far, the date hasn't changed, so things are looking good--it's a double size issue coming on July 5.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Scaramouche posted:

I haven't seen any of the comic book television shows and I'm thinking I'll start catching up on them. When I say none I mean literally none, I haven't seen any of these. What's a "best of" list of ones I should check out? Caveat is that I won't be able to binge watch, and could probably only do 1-2 episodes per night. I'm thinking (in order of attractiveness/perceived goodness):
- Spidey Super Stories
- Agents of SHIELD/Agent Carter
- Legion (this is that convinced me start, saw the poster that hearkens back to the great covers on the series)
- Arrow
- Daredevil
- Walking Dead (kinda not feeling this one?)
- Powers (did this even have a resolution, or was it cancelled mid-stream?)
- Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist

Have absolutely no interest in Smallville or The Flash.

Spidey Super Stories all the way. It features iconic Marvel villain The Wall, who was invented by Joss Whedon's dad. You can't go wrong.

Among these, I would say Legion and Daredevil are the prestige shows, which are uniformly good, but also quite a bit of effort to watch. JJ, Luke Cage, and half of DD s2 are good, but not without flaws--those could have benefitted from having a few episodes less, or from having something more meaningful in the middle. I recommend these if you want heavy stuff.

For more comic booky stuff, the CW shows and the Agent shows will be more to your taste.

Agent Carter sounds like it ties in to Agents of SHIELD but it really doesn't; it's standalone and is a fun period piece with fun characters and I'm sad it didn't continue past the second season.

Arrow is the most comicky of the ones you mentioned, for better or worse. It's good for the first two seasons, and the fifth is serviceable. Seasons 3 and 4 take all the worst things from comics, and are really bad. Also, every season has at least one crossover event with the other CW shows including The Flash, so take that as you will.

Personally my top recommendation would actually be Agents of SHIELD, but you said you can't binge, so that's going to be a tough pill to swallow when the first 13-16 episodes of the show are quite bland and boring, and I don't recommend skipping them. It gets real good after that though (in conjunction with the release of The Winter Soldier), and stays good, to varying degrees (most recent season is probably their best season, in fact).

• Locked thread