Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Scaramouche posted:

Didn't he empower Phosphorus as well? I seem to remember that from Starman

Yeah, Neron souped up Dr. Phosphorous' powers in a great issue of Starman that had long-term ramifications: Ted Knight, the elder Starman, ended up developing terminal cancer from his burns and prolonged exposure to Dr. Phosphorous.

The Rogues also got heightened powers from Neron and ended up going to Hell or escaping from Hell or something. I don't have that issue anymore, but I've become such a Rogues mark, I'd like to read it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
What is the usual delay for Injustice 2 issues to come out in print? I just saw some heartbreaking pages that I think are from the recently-released #9:

https://comicnewbies.com/2017/06/07/booster-gold-says-good-bye-to-blue-beetle-injustice-ii/

But how long before #9 comes out as a print issue I can buy at my comic shop? I've never read Injustice before, but apparently there's a delay.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

Looks like digital #9 will be the first part of print issue #5 out July 5th.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY170296

I didn't realize they double up issues, so thank you for that!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
No poo poo! Well, thank you. Can't wait to read that Beetle and Booster story. Here's hoping for a happy ending for them!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I collect statues and stuff of a few specific characters. I had the idea of getting the first appearance issue for each of them to hang on the wall (since the wall space behind the shelves is just being wasted) but 2 of them are Cyclops and Green Arrow, so that's just not happening.

Anyone recommend good issues to represent those two? And not you know, several thousand dollars. They don't actually have to be good comics.

What about Kevin Smith's Green Arrow #1, with the close-up cover by Matt Wagner? (I happen to have a copy of this to sell, if you'd be interested.) That way, it could go with all of Ollie's different costumes over the decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Is anyone looking for any back issues? I'm hitting one of my local stores on July 4th, and they're doing a Buy 3, Get 1 Free sale. I doubt I would even find four back issues I want for myself, so I'd pick anything up for cost plus shipping.

• Locked thread