Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My nephew is 10 and it's the same way.

They play a weird version that's basically War. Whatever has the highest number attack wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What are some good places online to buy some older (like 60s, 70s) comics?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Please tell me the guy who played Harry Osborne in this never acted again

He's one of the stars in Valerian.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If we get to see a werewolf get Rock Bottomed it will all be worth it.

He's found a way to work the move into at least 3 of his movies already.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The only happy ending in all of Injustice is Black Canary's, and she got dragged back for the sequel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

She still gets a happy ending. Her and Ollie's kid goes on playdates with Harley's little girl and they all join the JLA. :colbert:

If they're going to make an Injustice 3 they probably use the Superman ending of the main game, and that's not good for anyone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's DC's version of Skrulls?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Earth gets megafucked because there's no Superman around so Flash goes back to stop him from going bad, but that breaks stuff further. If you say it's a take on Flashpoint people might forget that's exactly what the reboot Mortal Kombat was.

Something like that would let them bring back favorites and dead characters though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Super pill causes her to lose the baby. Superman goes into a depression and hides away in the fortress. Barry tries to go there to apologize, but bumbling chowder waiter shenanigans with the security system cause him to release Zod from the Phantom Zone.

Barry tries to stop Zod himself but the battle ends up destroying Coast City. Hal Parallaxes.

Barry traps Zod in the Speed Force, but he escapes soon after and bursting back into the regular dimension destroys Smallville.

Barry tries to apologize to Superman again, and...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Last time I saw Rosa, he had a sign saying he wouldn't sign the Boom reprints of Life and Times. I wonder what the story is there.

Probably cheated him out of royalties somehow?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I collect statues and stuff of a few specific characters. I had the idea of getting the first appearance issue for each of them to hang on the wall (since the wall space behind the shelves is just being wasted) but 2 of them are Cyclops and Green Arrow, so that's just not happening.

Anyone recommend good issues to represent those two? And not you know, several thousand dollars. They don't actually have to be good comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a mix of costumes anyway..

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them all out when i get a chance.

Edit: The other two I have right now are Canary and Emma (I think you see the theme here.) I got JLA #75 and the action figure cover of Uncanny 600 for those two. Emma's first appearance doesn't have her on the cover.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 19, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

She started as a joke about Spider-Gwen.

She started as a variant cover theme month, I think?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Green Arrow:

Just print them off and get them signed. Better than comic covers!

I absolutely would get Cary Elwes to sign that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

David D. Davidson posted:

Now in Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman's entire loving subplot was there just to bloat out the runtime and stick in advertisements for not just a spin off of Batman V Superman (Wonder Woman,) but for spin offs of the next mainline entry of the series. I mean the film literally came to a stop right before the final act of the film to show us teaser trailers for spin offs of the Justice League.

The movie was called Dawn of Justice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I haven't seen what they're doing in the movie but Kirby Steppenwolf would look absurd and not in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The term pulp literally comes from the paper.

• Locked thread