Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
rsl is pitiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Remember how Mike Petke was going to fix things?

Speaking of:

https://twitter.com/tutulismyname/status/877891795069390848

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Portland status: WHO THE gently caress MOVED THE SUN SO loving CLOSE TO THE EARTH? gently caress YOU DUDE

(Glad this match wasn't at noon)

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
WTF is "Gut the Fish" all about?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Solkanar512 posted:

WTF is "Gut the Fish" all about?

While we usually avoid the dumb portscum and shittle here in our quaint little thread, gut the fish is in reference to the sounders=flounders name calling. They are actually serving flounder in some of the stadium meals, I've heard.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Good job Powell, getting the assist there.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The only thing worse than that header to put Jones through was that stadium brat causing me to run to the bathroom way too often

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Redcardo Salazar strikes again (but it was a good call, you should all blame Evans for whatever the gently caress he was thinking with that challenge).

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

^^^ Powell gave the Sounders a goal, Evans has given Portland two.

Well, I feel better now.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I can't comment on the card, opposite end of the stadium.

Our set piece defense though :negative:

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Well this offseason I said we needed to fix right back because it wasn't going to be pretty. We didn't made Evans starter and he was seen the field for ~300 minutes out of 1800 and gets rested for two games and gives up a red card. I was defending Evans, but gently caress that honestly hope he is gone next season.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

If I had a nickel for every time Taylor Twellman talked about concussions...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

If I had a nickel for every time Taylor Twellman talked about concussions...

Ouch, and in the heat it feels so much worse. Both the concussion and Twellman talking about it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Sounders should hold onto Nouhou and play him more. He's been good tonight.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Dempsey is very good

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
How on earth did the Sounders tie this up

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HOLY poo poo

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Pungry posted:

How on earth did the Sounders tie this up

The Timbers have been that bad.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
gently caress. YOU. PORTLAND.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DEUCE UP SIDE YOUR HEAD, BITCHES

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Timbers are a broken team. They gave that point to Seattle on a loving platter. Hell, I'm surprised the Sounders didn't still win it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I mean, there was still quite a bit of emergency defending to keep it from being 3-1, but you guys sure didn't play like you had a man advantage.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

lol

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

That is amazingly bad from the NYCFC keeper.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Holy crap, there's soccer on today!

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah apparently a few people didnt bother to show up to the NYCFC prematch meetings on time, so Vieira dropped them and named a weird pair of fullbacks. Then one of them got hurt, so they had to make a change. Then their keeper decided not to hold a pretty tame shot from like 25 yards out. Going pretty great for Minnesota.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm glad NYCFCSC MNFCSC is back to being trash

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 30, 2017

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Pretend I was quoting myself there

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Feel like Harrison shouldn't have that much space on a narrow field. Minnesota is pretty bad away.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Hell, I laughed

https://twitter.com/totalmls/status/880591186075029505

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just FYI, roughly half the league got suspended for this weekend by DisCo.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Soccer is on tonight, and it's....RSL-Orlando....ok, I guess I'll watch because I have nothing better to do.

And I tuned in just in time to see Orlando score.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

If Orlando was the home team I'd probably consider streaming espn to watch, but rsl's home crowd just isn't the same that it used to be. :effort:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

binge crotching posted:

If Orlando was the home team I'd probably consider streaming espn to watch, but rsl's home crowd just isn't the same that it used to be. :effort:

Just put this on in the background for some atmosphere.
http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=bKCIFXqhLzo&p=n

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm watching Drogba play D2 soccer on a baseball field instead of lovely RSL, and I suggest you all do the same

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

camoseven posted:

I'm watching Drogba play D2 soccer on a baseball field instead of lovely RSL, and I suggest you all do the same

heck,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foTEpDU9REY

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Clicked link, immediately saw a PK save, smiled.

Soccer is cool

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The fact Drogba is playing for Phoenix FC in the USL and is still getting excited for his team saving a penalty is amazing

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Thanks for the vid, falling asleep watching this match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Seltzer posted:

The fact Drogba is playing for Phoenix FC in the USL and is still getting excited for his team saving a penalty is amazing

I'd sure hope he was excited, he's part owner of the team, along with, by my estimates, half the state of Arizona:

quote:

Berke Bakay
Brett M. Johnson
Tim Riester
Mark Detmer
Didier Drogba
Brandon McCarthy
Diplo
Pete Wentz
David Rappaport
Dave Stearns
Rick Hauser