Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

I was going to say that I was ready for San Jose to face a gazillion chances from Portland only to win the game on a counter, but then one of their dudes got 2 yellows in 2 minutes and welp.

And what a bad red it was. This ref is calling a bunch of bullshit while letting some bigger fouls go. I'd be happy if Windows had a yellow and the other guy was still playing without even 1 yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

...goddamn you. :argh:

San Jose could really use a "How did everyone forget to mark him?" Wondo goal before half, because it seems like Portland is going to dunk on them any second now.

No they won't. Timbers gave a big bundle of hair to Seattle for a voodoo doll or killed some kid's puppy and aren't allowed to win a game for a while.

whypick1 posted:

I still don't know how that 2nd yellow was even a foul.

It wasn't! I dislike San Jose as much as the next sane person, but that is bad reffing. But what's worse? The English announcers...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

That's what it takes for the Timbers to score!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Honestly? I think Adi fell over and could have actually scored that. Right call.

It's definitely been called a pk in many games and will be called in many more, but knowing Adi I feel like he got lazy and thought he'd get the call and I'm ok with him not getting any of his fall downs called.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 3, 2017

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

I was just going to say the Timbers should feel bad for only scoring a single goal, but then that happened.

That was a frustrating game to watch. It lessens the pain of last weekend, though.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

binge crotching posted:

Looks like Sky Sports is showing NYC vs Philly today, so I get to see David Villa clown all over whatever the hell the Union put out there today.

MLS Live is apparently not showing this game. They are "working on it". Decent game so far?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

binge crotching posted:

There have been some very nice saves by Andre Blake, but so far at the half most of the game is just people slipping and falling on the crappy turf.

It started working and wow, lots of falling.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Two corners, two goals. NYC were the better team, at least for the part of the game I watched.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

That was nice. Great pass between Ousted and his defenders.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Two CB subs for Portland tonight.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

That was a huge second goal for Portland.

On second viewing, correct call but drat, that would have been a beauty.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 11, 2017

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Seattle must be grateful every time Rodney shoots instead of Villa.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Soccer is on tonight.

Why should you care about ATL @ DC? Well, I don't know. Atlanta will score probably. And I have a bet with trem_two that if DC scores, I will donate $20 to the charity of his choice. If not, I request he donates $20 to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Watch some dire football with me. The world will improve slightly either way.

trem_two posted:

Cool, my selection is charity: water.

I hope both teams score, because those are both great places to donate to.

Edit* My god that stadium is empty.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 22, 2017

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Yay charity!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Timbers are starting their late game defending really early today.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Timbers playing even worse than the second half of the COL game last weekend.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

Pretty hilariously dumb penalty against Minnesota's goalkeeper.

I was in another room, was it the right call? I didn't get a good look at the replay so I couldn't tell what really happened.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

Yeah he comes out to try and claim it and is a full step behind. Its 100% a pen.

Thats good to know, I was afraid it was Valeri going down too easy because the Timbers haven't played like they should be level. Then again Minnesota hasn't really looked great outside of the first 10', either.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Nice dive.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Does Minnesota play a Loon call when the half starts?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

gently caress that was a pretty goal.

It really was. Timbers deserved to be burned there.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

This game has turned into the Owen Goal Show

He's my man of the match, for sure.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

Not so timely from Attinella.

Timbers' GK coach is going to scream in Attinella's face for a few hours about how you punch that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I'm gonna need to see this again, but is this two reds?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

gtkor posted:

Blanco kicked out as well, it just looked a little more subtle.

Yeah, it was after he was already down. I'm not angry at that, I think a yellow would have been ok. I think the MNU player is gonna maybe get an extra game or two, too.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

These MNU announcers are no bueno.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

That was a good MNU goal celebration.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Solkanar512 posted:

WTF is "Gut the Fish" all about?

While we usually avoid the dumb portscum and shittle here in our quaint little thread, gut the fish is in reference to the sounders=flounders name calling. They are actually serving flounder in some of the stadium meals, I've heard.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Good job Powell, getting the assist there.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

^^^ Powell gave the Sounders a goal, Evans has given Portland two.

Well, I feel better now.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

If I had a nickel for every time Taylor Twellman talked about concussions...

Ouch, and in the heat it feels so much worse. Both the concussion and Twellman talking about it.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Sounders should hold onto Nouhou and play him more. He's been good tonight.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Pungry posted:

How on earth did the Sounders tie this up

The Timbers have been that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Timbers are a broken team. They gave that point to Seattle on a loving platter. Hell, I'm surprised the Sounders didn't still win it.

• Locked thread