Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Rapids v Crew isn't quite the dumpster fire i expected. Reasonable back and forth at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

ALAN GORDON SCORED! Rapids win 2-1! :aaaaa:

I'll take that any day.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

whypick1 posted:

ALAN GORDON YOU BEAUTIFUL SHIRTLESS BASTARD

THAT WAS AWESOME.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids came out firing, gave up a goal on a bad turnover, then fell asleep in the second half to make it 2-1. They weren't completely out of it until LA's penalty to seal it. And yes, that was legit.

So it goes.

Now a depleted (due to injury) and tired team (these guys always seem tired) continues their 7 games in 21 days. Up next? Atlanta away. If Atlanta doesn't win by at least 2 I'll be surprised. Unlike Toronto this team doesn't have the depth to do much more than lose.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

30' into Rapids at Atlanta, and so far the big highlight is Josh Gatt getting hit in the nuts with a pass upfield.

Not terribly exciting but if it leads to a point that's enough.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

And Castillo gets a yellow for a stupid tackle on Pirez. Yup. That's a yellow alright.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

No score after 45' in Atlanta, and no red cards for Castillo. Yet. Good enough.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Edit != Post

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 25, 2017

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Some bad defending from the Rapids, Williams blew it, da Fonte (I think) lost his man, and 1-0 Atlanta. This is my shocked face. 😐

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

And hand to the throat by Azira. That was stupid. Lucky he didn't get a yellow.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Two handballs on Rapids players, no call. Boateng goes sliding through the box and knocks a ball away with his elbow. I'll take the non-calls tyvm.

Not like I have anything else to root for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids start a depleted lineup, bunker and hope for the draw, can't find the net, give up a goal on a bad mistake, lose on the road. Yes, Serna, Gatt (it would have been a handball) and Boateng had great chances but nothing went in.

Same old Rapids. :sigh:

I'm just wondering why Gashi, Badji, Sjoberg and a few others were out. The rumor on tv was they're getting ready for Tuesday vs Dallas in the Cup but this team hasn't taken the Cup seriously in years.

Who knows. :shrug:

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 25, 2017

• Locked thread