Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

julian assflange posted:

Yeah though you should probably cut any coverage of teams that finish 6th to 16th as nobody cares about those finishing positions

True, but include some of the crazy awesome poo poo club matches, like Swansea/Palace from this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

CyberPingu posted:

Liverpool are beating Barcelona 3-0 in a friendly tournament...

Both sides are playing full strength teams

Brony Car posted:

Are you sure you're not watching a match from last year?

:lol:

http://www.internationalchampionscup.com/matches/76#Rf7Buga10FZfxzJ1.97

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 14, 2017

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The Green Bay Packers offer standing room only tickets for some of the bigger matchups.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Shoren posted:

So they're trying to capture the market of people without cable subscriptions by requiring a cable subscription plus $50? Am I reading this wrong?

Yes, lmao.

"Here are all these lovely matches (several of them will involve the club you like!) for $50 and then we will also put all these other common good matches on NBC Sports in which you can't watch without some sort of cable subscription!"

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Shoren posted:

NBC is incredibly dumb. I'd pay a couple hundred bucks a year to stream any match I wanted because I hate having a cable subscription literally just for football. But no, they're owned by Comcast so they want more subscriptions so no way they'd offer an appealing online-only option.

This so much. Let me pay you $120/yr for every single match.

MLB.tv does this and it's amazing. The only reason I have Sling TV is for the premier league. I would gladly cut ties if NBC came out with something similar to MLB.tv.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Akileese posted:

Just a reminder that the MLB.TV system doesn't cover national games as well as anything within the regional blackout so technically speaking this isn't that much different. I'd pay MLB.TV money for it if I got all the games and that point I'd kill my cable subscription forever. I don't even use it for anything other than sports anymore.

I did forget about this :argh:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

TheBigAristotle posted:

$50 a season when I'm losing access to cable from my parents sign-in anyway? Could be worse.

Yea, $50 a year for all the poo poo matches. If you follow A Big Club, 80% of those matches will be on the normal NBC Sports or CNBC or NBC, in which you will need a cable subscription, not the $50 premier pass. (Or just get an antenna for the NBC matches).

The model before was perfectly fine and now they are just getting greedy because it was successful. I hope they fail and people just move back to watching poo poo streams instead of giving comcast money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

vivisectvnv posted:

massive lol for anyone not leeching their login off of some dumb family member or friend who has an actual cable subscription

And now even when you do this you aren't guaranteed to see the specific matches you want to watch! massive lol!

As I said, the premier league product from NBC was essentially perfect the last two years. This change sucks.

• Locked thread