Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Vegetable posted:

Did the man say such dumbass things early in his career? Or has he just gone senile now?

He was asked a question about VAR and how it could have affected Arsenal in years past. He gave an honest answer that it would have helped in the 2006 CL final among other decisions. I don't see what the big deal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

NBC is gonna require an extra 50 bucks per season to watch every match online

Pretty fail if you want to watch Stoke vs. Palace with a hangover imo.

So they're trying to capture the market of people without cable subscriptions by requiring a cable subscription plus $50? Am I reading this wrong?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

NBC is incredibly dumb. I'd pay a couple hundred bucks a year to stream any match I wanted because I hate having a cable subscription literally just for football. But no, they're owned by Comcast so they want more subscriptions so no way they'd offer an appealing online-only option.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

It did, but I'm not surprised at all that they changed it. It was a big operation and they were only getting poo poo-tier advertisements. I'm sure it was bleeding cash.

Those God-awful Chevy commercials are the worst. "Look at all the dumb awards we got from organizations no one has ever heard of!"

• Locked thread