Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

Ozil's wife is divorcing him. Turns out he was seeing someone on the side.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Hoops posted:

Thing with a standing section is that league and cup games will be brilliant for the first Prem club to implement it, but as soon as you get your first Europa league fixture against FC Russian Ultra Headcases it'll go massively wrong and the media will kill the idea for another 30 years.

Once Brexit happens you can just bar them all from coming in, problem solved

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Thom P. Tiers posted:

This so much. Let me pay you $120/yr for every single match.

MLB.tv does this and it's amazing. The only reason I have Sling TV is for the premier league. I would gladly cut ties if NBC came out with something similar to MLB.tv.

tbf NBC may not be allowed to offer such a service depending on the legalese behind their broadcast deal with the FA (or whoever in England handles the negotiations for international broadcast rights) and the various cable companies.

e; although I guess if NBC owns the exclusive rights to broadcast in America, they can probably decided for themselves how they want to distribute those broadcasts, in which case a $120/yr type thing would be doable. idk, I don't know how broadcast contracts work

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 27, 2017

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

You don't really even need proper cable, just get Sling or PS Vue, they're significantly cheaper and will (ostensibly) still work towards the "cable" requirement.

This isn't to say that what NBC is doing isn't lame as gently caress, but there are alternatives to plunking $100+ bucks a month on a cable subscription.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 28, 2017

• Locked thread