Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Tfw when you answer the phone but it's just Computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the end of the acoustic modem once again robbed the computer of the ability to scream

pram
Jun 10, 2001
pity bump

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Wish I could ^C to hang up on your posts, op!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and then the computer hangs up and calls back in 2 minutes and u keep yelling down the line "this isn't a fax" but they don't hear u

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

during my time in university I dialed emergency services at least three times on the fax machine because the process of dialing out plus the digits for long service were two thirds the way towards an emergency situation

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
i treat computer like an ex from a long over relationship that ended badly, cordial but distantly longing and a slight tinge of misdirected disgust

oddly enough the tone is reciprocal

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
youre like

*in a very norm mcdonald voice*

"Hey, computer! Get off the phone! This is a human line!"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Bulgakov posted:

during my time in university I dialed emergency services at least three times on the fax machine because the process of dialing out plus the digits for long service were two thirds the way towards an emergency situation

i seriously don't get why places keep configuring their PBXs to use 9 for the outside line

Cryptix
Dec 9, 2016

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i seriously don't get why places keep configuring their PBXs to use 9 for the outside line

Drives me insane...

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

we have phone numbers that start with 991

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

This should be illegal imo

• Locked thread