Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Shooting in Orlando with multiple fatalities.

Edit: Six dead including suspect, seven wounded. Former employee who was fired was the shooter. He was 45 and had a minor criminal record. Sheriff says no reason to believe suspect was a member of any subversive organization, and it looks like a workplace violence incident.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/05/multiple-fatalities-in-orlando-shooting-officials-say.html

Occurred in an industrial area, and details are still emerging. Reports say it is not a blown speaker, burst water main, or large balloons popping.

It occurred inside a business, and a witness was quoted as saying "My boss is dead!" It is also the almost-one-year anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shooting, and it is also Ramadan, so this could go either way as far as motive.

Please place bets as to the shooter's motive/ethnic/religious background here if you want, and let the poo poo-slinging begin!

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
My guess is a disgruntled white former employee that got fired and he shot everyone and the media said, "sweet!" and got a helicopter out there asap.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
If some of the employees had guns, but not that guy, this wouldn't have happened

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
disgruntled employee

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

walgreenslatino posted:

disgruntled employee

But is the employee Muslim?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Dave_Indeed posted:

My guess is a disgruntled white former employee that got fired and he shot everyone and the media said, "sweet!" and got a helicopter out there asap.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
We need to start grutling our workforce or things like this will continue.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What a lame sequel to a masterpiece. Matrix reference in the title is spot-on.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
We need to ban workplaces and all work from home.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

ban capitalism

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Sad!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Important question did the people who got shot have guns? Because if they did then the shooter clearly wasn't the bad guy because if both people have guns only the dead one was bad

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
well if he's brown we obviously gotta crack down on all them types for America. But if he's white then please thoughts and prayers only and take no action whatsoever because of my freedom.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Dave_Indeed posted:

Yep.

quote:

Five people were killed in a shooting at Fiamma, a business on North Forsyth Road near Hanging Moss Road near Orlando, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office reported this morning, calling it a “tragic incident.”

The shooter — a former “disgruntled employee” who was fired in April — then killed himself, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said. The shooter had previously been accused of battering a fellow employee.

Four people were dead at the scene, and another victim died at the hospital, Demings said.

The shooting appears to have nothing to do with terrorism.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-forsyth-shooting-20170605-story.html

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Guns aren't the problem, people are the problem.

Ban people and let the guns frolic care free, peaceful, and happy through out the world.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Zero One posted:

quote:

The Media posted:

DAG GUMMIT!!!"
*throws down cowboy hats*

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

*D&D collectively breathes a sigh of relief*

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I don't think it was a human but a really angry dog trying to start a canine uprising to overthrow the human race once and for all.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
As long as he's white, then we can breathe a sigh of relief. I'd rather be killed by a disgruntled white American than some arab terrorist.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Sick! :smugdon:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

-Detective holds up color swatch to assailant's dead body, compares to skin tone, then takes out pen and writes in notepad-

Zero One posted:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Thankfully this guy used a gun and not knives and a van.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Laaaaame

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i'm glad the left wingers are able to have this, they have been really beaten down lately. they need a pick me up to recharge their batteries it will be a real relief for them to be able to moralize about gun control instead of trying to justify terrorism for a bit

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I like how people itt are spinning a Workplace shooting into :argh: DA LEFTIES and :argh: ITS WUZ MUSLINS within the first page despite apparent confirmation in the OP that this is nowhere near the case

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I live close to this area and that road isn't so much a gun-free zone as a guns are free zone.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
thank god he didn't have a gun that shoots vans

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

ultimateforce posted:

I live close to this area and that road isn't so much a gun-free zone as a guns are free zone.

So really, it should be safer. I expect reports soon about how the shooter was stopped by a red-blooded American hero with a gun.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Dr Strangepants posted:

So really, it should be safer. I expect reports soon about how the shooter was stopped by a red-blooded American hero with a gun.

The shooter was stopped by putting a bullet in his own head, according to the sheriff; depends on your definition of "hero."

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Count Freebasie posted:

The shooter was stopped by putting a bullet in his own head, according to the sheriff; depends on your definition of "hero."

That is, in fact, my only definition of a hero :911:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What a lovely way to start a Monday!

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Count Freebasie posted:

only a mentally deranged maniac with a gun can stop a mentally deranged maniac with a gun.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Alex Jones: If you are reading this, I have evidence that this was a false-flag psy op from the liberals in order to revive the gun debate in the midst of radical Islamic terrorism!

PM me for details, real Alex Jones only.

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 5, 2017

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
We should have mandatory handjobs before work on Monday. It'd create jobs plus work off some of the tension going into the week.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Oscar Wild posted:

We should have mandatory handjobs before work on Monday. It'd create jobs plus work off some of the tension going into the week.

My company has that.

I work from home.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
When will the moderate disgruntled former employee community come out to denounce this extremist

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
we should deport all disgruntled employees who get fired.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bag em and tag em posted:

we should deport all disgruntled employees who get fired.

if a company fires someone they should just go directly to jail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Rutibex posted:

if a company fires someone they should just go directly to jail

when this is official federal policy in six months i'm blaming you

• Locked thread