Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I see Dominant Heel Alexa Bliss put all that momentum she got last night to great use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So they're trying to get Bray to quit, right?

I'm looking forward to his run in New Japan.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

You have to think Gallows and Anderson are probably looking at heading back too given how dead the club is

They moved to MAKE GREEN, BROSKI and also be closer to their hot asian wives, so they're probably fine with being booked like crap. They got the tag titles, got to go to Mania with them. They're probably fine Too Sweetin' and cashing the checks until their contracts run out. Plus, Karl Anderson is 37.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bayley spinning around once is ridiculous.

Alexa throwing a tantrum in the ring like a literal child? MASTERFUL character work.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Ahem get it right this forum hates minorities in general, just look at the reaction from PSP management to 'does steroids and injures opponents' Brock Lesnar and 'at least looks the part of a white guy while injuring opponents' Seth Rollins vs. when Jinder Mahal does the same white guy things they do.

I mean I dunno about you guys but I'd be COMPLETELY down for Roman Reigns if he was a white guy named Bill.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow that's a pretty good shirt, now as long as there's nothing stupid on the back, it'll be a worthwhile pur --

Ah. I see.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Grendels Dad posted:

Make Bailey feud with Stephanie McMahon. The feud ends with Bailey's catastrophic loss at the next Wrestlemania, and then Bray Wyatt comes out and they hug and cry.

I dunno if this ends with Bayley becoming a Wyatt or Bray becoming a hugger, but either way, I want it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
At least this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffga-kwYEiI

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Good thing they don't have any countries where the network isn't VOD oh wait

Wait, what the hell? :stare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Incessant Excess posted:

Stephanie replacing Graves on the commentary table.

This seems like one of those things that wouldn't be as terrible as you might think.

She'd probably be better than JBK at least.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Raw averaged 2.98 million viewers, up 14% from last week. Joe = :signings:

And next week has Brock, they may actually break 3 mil!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

They almost never have to talk in NXT or run their own matches.

Yet somehow they're still over.

Maybe, and this is a longshot, here.

NXT is just better at getting talent over than the main roster and the main roster's standards and practices are the nonsense of a 70 year old man whose brain has been fried by steroids.

goddamn, those two are great. :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

NXT is better at getting no talent over.

Whereas the main roster can't (or, more accurately, doesn't want to) get anybody over.

Guess NXT's better. QED. :smug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's really complete bullshit that WWE has never pushed Juan. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shima Honnou posted:

All the talent is to blame for WWE being bad because despite having eyes and brains they haven't figured out that the only way things will be good is banding together to unionize or oust the McMahons and their yesmen or just borrow some guns from HBK and Brock then take over the company violently.

Not being ironic either something needs to be done about Vince and his family because they're driving this boat not towards an iceberg but rather they're on a collision course with loving Antarctica.

"He's gotta die or retire this year, he's just GOT TO, for gently caress's sake he's 71..." -- Half the locker room, every Monday.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Falls back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8zTzitS-S4

He has gone for it at least once, he started to set Sami up for it and Graves pointed out that he was looking for the Muscle Buster.

So it's either super break-glass-in-case-of-emergency tier like the Avalanche AA or the Red Arrow, or it's look-but-don't-touch tier like the Punt.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 7, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CobiWann posted:

...my...my Dad's 71...:ohdear:

CobiWann, I have bad news.

Your dad is Vince McMahon.

You're actually Stephanie McMahon.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cody Rhodes?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Charlotte just seems determined to talk in a weird cadence. She could probably be better if she just spoke normally.

They give her the worst "fellow kids" material though.

She was on Raw Talk once after Roadblock. Easily the best promo she ever cut. She just talked normally about her rivalry with Sasha.

It also revealed that her hating her dad probably isn't kayfabe.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

extradite THIS! posted:

I just realized that the latest Fashion Police episode actually confirms that, in-universe, Breeze and Dango have telepathic powers. Let that sink in.

Pro wrestling is incredible

*Fast forward two years.*

"Wow I can't believe Randy Orton burned down the Fashion Police's precinct!"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Good news for WWE, there probably ain't gonna be a game 5 of the finals, lol.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE Network Presents Three-and-a-Quarter Rules

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bray had a cool entrance in House of Horrors where he sold his rear end off on the way to the ring and it got to the banjo solo part of his theme song and y'know what. I appreciated that. Bray made me believe that he had just been through hell and could barely drag himself to the ring and just for a minute I bought the whole stupid enterprise.

Also, it had Neil's Workbox.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AlmightyPants posted:

I like really bad wrestling matches but I also like Bayley. Should I watch the lovely match from sunday?

You should definitely watch it. It's only 5 minutes and it's actually kinda fascinating to see it 'cause you're like "wow, they're actually doing this."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

Alexa did the "beat the crap of the other woman" well.

She certainly is better at swinging a stick than she is at wrestling, I will give you that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Verified solid gold tag team. Biw Wiw for the Bog Dog.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

dromal phrenia posted:

then can we agree that all her future matches should involve her brutally beating the poo poo out of her opponent with a kendo stick and retaining the championship?

Oh, no, you misunderstood me.

She sucks at wrestling and should be a manager instead.

She's basically the Enzo of the women's division. With, I'll grant, a snappier DDT.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alexa Bliss should follow in Women's Division Pillar Alicia Fox's footsteps and become TJP's valet.

(actually shitposting aside, Bliss and Kendrick is a combination I would kind of love to see)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

I'm just glad Bayley got squashed out of the title picture so now that when she has bad matches against other people and people point out they're bad, dumb Jimmy Howard fans (I'll refrain from naming anyone specific, I'm classy) won't be able to use lazy "Yeah but Alexa!" arguments.

Bayley is elite. :colbert:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Basically all of Owens' title defenses were loving awesome must see matches. You can say a lot about that run, but you can't impugn Owens' efforts in the slightest, dude fuckin' brought it every single time. The only exception I can think of is RoadblockENDOFTHELINE.

Like, if the match he had with Rollins on Raw isn't must-see, nothin' is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

The Goldberg match, obviously not. The HIAC match, wasn't even the best HIAC match on that card. Roadblock had that stupid finish, Rumble match was good but again wouldn't say it was the best match on the card (Styles/Cena being there admittedly makes that unfair)

I might have just missed the Rollins Raw match (I'll be the first to say lol if you watch every Raw, and there's almost certainly been at least one great thing I've skipped of the many just by sheer law of averages) but everything else, to me, doesn't seem like something I'd put on a Best of the year list. The Jericho feud was great but that was after the world title was out of the picture

Yeah the Goldberg match is :lol:, I thought the HIAC match was the best on that card and neither of the other two were anything special, but different strokes. Roadblock did have a terrible goddamn finish, but that's not on Owens.

The Raw match was November 21st, the day after Survivor Series. It's on the Network under Raw replays, if you haven't seen it, I'd strongly recommend it.

I mean I'll be the first to say that Owens' run with the Universal title was lame because he just could never beat anybody cleanly and if all of those gently caress finishes hurts the matches for you, that's a pretty defensible position to have (I really hated the Roadblock finish). But Owens' work in all of those matches, five title defenses in total, was all really great and all worth seeing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
League of Nations having that much talent and being that lame makes zero sense, but I guess they were just put together to get Roman over, so, whatever.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the weirdest thing is that it worked

:lol: You're absolutely right. It totally worked, and then they hosed it all up. I actually forgot that part.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

"Wins and losses don't matter" - HHH, the IWC's hope that the company will ever get better after Vince dies

What HHH says and what he does when he talks about this thing often contradict each other, to the point where I'm a little convinced he's lying because it's the company line.

Like, he defends 50/50 booking and poo poo, but when's the last time you saw somebody in NXT get 50/50ed?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Murphy finally getting the call up.

I will bet everything I have it's to SmackDown.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blaise330 posted:

Why didn't the pedigree ever get renamed? That pun stopped fitting his character in like 1996.

Why didn't the rename the Last Ride the Last Rites when he went back to being the Deadman.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

super macho dude posted:

Ya know, when Cole shouted out on RAW this week "THE BIG DOG™, HE'S MARKING HIS TERRITORY!" , I wanted to punch through my TV in rage, but then I realized if Roman started pissing all over the ring before and after every match, I would love him forever.

I admit to shouting "GO gently caress YOURSELF!" at my TV last week when he said "I'M THE BIG DOG AND THIS IS MY YARD NOW NOBODY OWNS ME"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Trips got Hojo and Shirai but lost Bayley to Stardom, that'd be kind of incredible.

Bayley hasn't tweeted or posted on Instagram since Saturday, either, btw.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 10, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Minidust posted:

This but when Dolph hit his bad superkick on The Phenomenal A.J. Styles for the clean pin

You can almost definitely assume AJ was supposed to have a foot on the ropes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm sure the cock and balls logo was intentional.

• Locked thread