Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Hey, I went to a CUNY on the Pell Grant, because I was an independent student with very low income. My student loans and $12/hr part time retail job covered my expenses, and I went full time and sprinted as fast as I possibly could toward that high ROI degree (a licensed allied health field). I would be in a much worse situation if I hadn't gone full time- taking out the loans to finish faster was absolutely the right call.

Like some of the other posters have said, borrowing money for school isn't, by itself, a bad thing. It is bad if you don't finish your degree, or don't leverage it into a 'real' job.

CUNY is good and extremely affordable if you pick a major and get a paid summer internship so you have something worthwhile to apply to real jobs with. Baruch has a pretty strong hiring network in the city if you don't goof off there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread