Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Alder posted:

This odd obsession with my SAT is a bit extreme as it's been nearly one decade since I took the SATs and I'm already in enrolled college and not transferring out. Colleges don't care about my SAT? They do care if I can repay grants/loans if I don't graduate on time though.

It's more a question of "Do you have the aptitude for college?" than whether the college cares about it. Are you a person who is good at studying, or do you sit down at a desk and hate every minute of it and dream of doing something more practical? You can't afford to take out big loans if you aren't going to finish. But if you *are* going to finish, it will benefit you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
That's not very nice, John Smith. I see where you got your avatar! I'm more concerned about calling the major "boring" than wanting to imply the OP is a moron. If a person doesn't like to study, then studying with so many many financial challenges will be extra hard.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

John Smith posted:

That is because I am not a very nice person. And I would justify that I am the good guy in this specific context. SA is often a cesspool of unjustified encouragement. Encouraging a child to go for it and try to fly off a roof like Superman isn't very nice either.

I don't think the OP is a moron since she has the ability to post and morons are generally illiterate. I do think she is outright stupid or at least of limited intellect. And stupid people shouldn't go to college. When said stupid person asks you, you should honestly and forthrightly advise them ***NOT TO*** go to college.

PS: I mean seriously. Can you believe her line of reasoning that it doesn't matter how poo poo her SAT is, the mere fact that she found a college in the US willing to enroll her demonstrates that she is fit for college?!?!? Specially after she already flunked out the first time around. Clearly aspiring stupid material.

I hope reverse psychology drives the OP to succeed just to spite you.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Alder posted:

Sigh, I don't mean boring as in I dislike the subject. Actually, I like coding and learning about networking/IT as a career. I just want a effective way to jumpstart it if I don't have a degree right now. For example, a good portion of my resume is self-taught knowledge but I'm always wondering if I'm lacking a good foundation for hiring.

I much rather prefer working with machines than service jobs which I've had for the last 3-5 years and I'm aware how some businesses look down on people w/o formal degrees.

AFAIK coding is a more in-demand topic than general IT. Are you more interested in code or IT? Very different jobs.

• Locked thread