Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

Endorph posted:

kaneko wrote gx under the impression it'd be the last season, which is why every character gets the resolution to their arcs crammed in

That does make the sort of finalness of Tsubasa's arc make more sense. But I wouldn't think of most of the others as big resolution arcs, but I do for instance actually hate Hibiki's arc through out most of GX so take that as you will.

I still think it's really hosed up that the big resolution to her soul searching over her father was realizing she was using his catchphrase to blow off life's problems. To the point that she said it to Miku all the loving time, especially when she's going out to seek suicide via comabt. I have no idea how any of that's suppose to come off as positive for her and not instead trigger further soul searching over how she treats Miku like the man who walked out on her mother.

Spiritus Nox posted:

I sure as hell will. GX villain squad is largely quite lame.

The villains in GX weren't great, but Garie at least had a personality as slim as it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah. In particular, I don't see where you get the impression that Hibiki has a death wish. Self worth issues, sure, but I never got the impression that she didn't plan on making it back from a fight. I thought GX actually quietly did a solid job of showing Hibiki being more cognizant of and responsive to Miku worrying about her.

I mean, there was that time Tsubasa talks to her directly about the death wish/survivor's guilt and she deflects off of it not knowing what to say or address it.

Then there is her backstory about how she's the sole survivor of an attack that keeps getting expanded to reveal more tragic details to it. Which is used as her motivation for the multiple times she runs off into absolute danger without a second thought, any other series I'd think she's just suppose to be heroic, but when you pile on the survivor's guilt aspect as hard as Symphogear does I start thinking deathwish. Especially when she finds out that Gungnir is killing her, the reaction is, "well I'll just use it carefully then" even as everyone is telling her she'll die.

As for the Miku thing, I don't think she's intentionally cruel to Miku or anything. I just think when you have a reveal that the thing she says whenever Miku is standing beside her hospital bed is revealed to be from her dirt bag of a father that there might be something there for her to explore.

Then again I hate Hibiki's dad so maybe that's poisoning my reading of these events.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGqEKOSqOA&t=100s

new PV for AXZ. Shows off some new attacks mostly.

I guess Alchemists can just summon animal representations of their school of Alchemy. Given that Carol had the Green Lion that devours the sun, I'd guess the trio are going to be Hermetical Alchemists. Given Symphogear I give equal odds on that mattering beyond it being a motif.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Carol's desperate bid to escape the Symphogear curse of the current villain dying at the end of the next season.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Almost didn't notice it's Ogawa training Mira. Speaking of Ogawa, glad to see him getting some time in this season so far, he always felt a little under utilized since G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

Julias posted:

You actually see people getting dissolved by noise all the time in G and GX, though? :confused:

Yeah, they're unnamed military personnel, but still...

People get dissolved, but take the first episode of AXZ, there's a blast and a bunch of guys disappear in red mist, hedgehog Noise swiftly buzz saws through two dude. First episode of the original series we have a close up of a woman dissolving while crying about how she doesn't want to die.

There's a bit of tonal difference between the two scenes. First time watching Symphogear I was ready for this to be a way darker series overall.

• Locked thread