Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The administrative body of this sport (that exists for all of 2 weeks a year and includes the mayor of Florence) will convene today and decide whether or not to play the final. Apparently this has happened once before - 3 years ago when both finalists were shown to have kept an expelled player on the pitch during their semi final matches.

Would feel bad for the Rossi if it's cancelled, they won fairly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

calciowns

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It seems weird to me that there is so much cheating but if you are the sort of dude doing this you probably are not familiar with friendly competition.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gigi Galli posted:

The administrative body of this sport (that exists for all of 2 weeks a year and includes the mayor of Florence) will convene today and decide whether or not to play the final. Apparently this has happened once before - 3 years ago when both finalists were shown to have kept an expelled player on the pitch during their semi final matches.

Would feel bad for the Rossi if it's cancelled, they won fairly.

I imagine if its cancelled they get an automatic win tho

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I imagine if its cancelled they get an automatic win tho

Nobody wants the paper title!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gigi Galli posted:

Nobody wants the paper title!

Yeah the Reds sure would hate getting a win in an unsportsmanlike fashion

*joke*

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Decision has been made: the final will be Rossi-Bianchi, on the 24th.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bianchi???

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Who are we to question Italian clown justice

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Who are we to question Italian clown justice

We're Amanda Knox lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So it was a blue guy who shoved him and a white guy who kicked him

EDIT: Explains why they keep showing the fat guy

no ... it was a gold guy who shoved him

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

canepazzo posted:

Decision has been made: the final will be Rossi-Bianchi, on the 24th.

Nice. Any news about what happened to the ref kicker. I guess he was blue? The gif is super dark so it's hard to tell. Also I really thing white was going to come back and win that, so I'm excited for the final. My first thought was the ref kicker cant be a Bianchi player, Bonfiglio would go nuclear.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 12, 2017

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Gigi Galli posted:

We're Amanda Knox lol

[i do a cartwheel but as a joke]

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Seltzer posted:

My first thought was the ref kicker cant be a Bianchi player, Bonfiglio would go nuclear.

I am almost positive I saw Bonfiglio getting carted out early in the match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXKyVriMTyo&t=278s

Looks like him here

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i had a feeling it was those blue motherfuckers all along

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Seltzer posted:

Nice. Any news about what happened to the ref kicker. I guess he was blue? The gif is super dark so it's hard to tell. Also I really thing white was going to come back and win that, so I'm excited for the final. My first thought was the ref kicker cant be a Bianchi player, Bonfiglio would go nuclear.

From what the official note says, the Azzurri forfeited the match as one or more of their players refused to abandon the pitch when sent off. I'm not sure if this is a new rule or an old one that actually got enforced, cause I remember matches in the past where sent off players continued to play and even scored with no penalties.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Reading the youtube comments apparently two to three refs were attacked by blue players because they thought they were helping the Whites and that a couple blue players had been expelled unjustly (those were probably the ones mentioned as remaining). I honestly can't remember expelled players regularly re entering before unless they took a short break because of injury. They usually get pretty visibly carted out and sent to the stands.

Some good youtube insight

quote:

The blues have really broken the cock: hats jumping on sebastian after being expelled, the other ever expelled that did not come out, kicks the referees not to mention then the past years like for example when in four beat zikic ... And the fans singing "fails to win" ??????? bah ....

Time to update the Calcio villain list. Rossi have moved from 4th most respectable team to 3rd.

e- I saw that clip live too and I hope it wasn't Bonfiglio. Either way I think he'll play the second leg. He only played the second leg last year iirc.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The funniest thing about the Blues doing this is that they were putting on a rare performance before the shenanigans

Like, if you down a billion points like the Greens were, go nuts. Up 2 1/2 and scoring with ease? Thats not when you punch a ref.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hey guys guess what's on tomorrow!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Hey guys guess what's on tomorrow!

Oh believe me I haven't forgotten

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Anyone know about going in person? We were going back to Florence in 2018 anyway, and my group is interested in scheduling around the finals.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Brain Curry posted:

Anyone know about going in person? We were going back to Florence in 2018 anyway, and my group is interested in scheduling around the finals.

You have to get tickets through http://www.boxofficetoscana.it/ but they sell out very quickly when they go on sale in May. You can supposedly get tickets to the standing areas where all the lunatics go in person on the day of but if it's like any other sporting even in Italy you have to be registered with the team itself to do so.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Gigi Galli posted:

You have to get tickets through http://www.boxofficetoscana.it/ but they sell out very quickly when they go on sale in May. You can supposedly get tickets to the standing areas where all the lunatics go in person on the day of but if it's like any other sporting even in Italy you have to be registered with the team itself to do so.

Thanks! We'll try to grab tickets as soon as they go on sale.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I'd like to think that I could print out my OP and be granted VIP seating

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Seltzer posted:

I'd like to think that I could print out my OP and be granted VIP seating

Tell them you know Bonfiglio

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
The final match is starting, streaming on http://www.rtv38.com/

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Almost time.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Wtf early start

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Lol that pathetic takedown attempt

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Flying dropkick missing by several yards.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

That goal was pretty nice tbh

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Missed the toss out cmon

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

What a caccia!

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

What a shot

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

at least i tuned in soon enough to see that goal. what's with this poo poo not starting on time?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

at least i tuned in soon enough to see that goal. what's with this poo poo not starting on time?

Italy

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Good thing I tuned in in time for the "everybody lays in the dirt" latter portion of the match

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This game has been good but pretty tame which makes sense given the fiasco the other week

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Bianchi dynasty continuing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Lol what a lucky bounce

• Locked thread