Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright I watched the first video and :stare:

Some things I am surmising are rules, please c/d:

-I guess there's a 1 on 1 combat rule, like you can't gang up on a dude
-Looks like there's some kind of tapout/accept being pinned/ref says you're pinned rule, where then a man will sit on you and you have to wait till the next point is scored before you can both get up
-Similarly there is a 'stand around hugging' rule? What determines whether you are sufficiently embraced in a totally not gay hug?
-It seems like there's more than just officials and players on the pitch. Some dude in team colors with a staff with a furled banner or flag or something? Random coaches?
-There's clearly some kind of "too many guys in a pile with the ball" rule that causes a ref to stop the action and pull the ball out and huck it into the air for a jump-ball, right?
-Are there substitutions? I think there might be, I saw guys leaving and coming in, but that might have been due to penalties instead?

I actually think it looks like there's a ton of mutually agreed-upon sportsmanship. I saw a lot of cases of two dudes just agreeing not to fight any more for some reason, or accepting that one dude wants to back out of the fight and not pushing it, and very little dirty kicking/punching dudes once they've submitted or backed down or something. Also a few cases where two mismatched dudes are squaring off and the smaller guy is relieved by a bigger guy from his own team, like everyone accepts OK we're gonna get one of our bigger bruisers to be in this fight so the smaller guy can go run around and make plays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

why wouldn't they just throw out the players who attacked a ref and then play out the game?

I think the cops are there on the fairly reasonable assumption that the crowd might riot

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

aw man I missed almost the whole thing

I see a dude with blood all over his face, I assume the match has been pretty good?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh poo poo the half-court bounce shot

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dangit. I just forgot this was on, I coulda been watching the last hour. Hope someone posts video.

• Locked thread