Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Getting hyped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Also go greens

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

That reminds me, I was never completely clear

How do they determine if a shot is missed

Like, if someone throws the ball clearly intending to score and it falls short of the net, is that still a shot? Or does it have to make contact with the net/barricade to count?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

dont even fink about it posted:

I am watching the 2015 game and the early-going is apparently red team playing catch in the backfield while intermittent, on-and-off boxing matches break out, based on whether you are a player who wants to do that sort of thing and can find a willing partner, or just someone you really want to hit.

The first ten minutes of calcio are always fun because its only tangentially a ball game by virtue of their being a ball somewhere in that street fight

When I show people calcio I always show them how the score is 0-0 for the first 30 minutes and then ten minutes later there have been like eight goals

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The only sport I think that competes with Calcio storico in violence and absurdity is that Russian Team MMA league

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lol that flag guy totally ate poo poo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Someone on red get cleaned out and the camera missed it

We really need instant replay

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

My stream died and I missed the goal :smith:

Crush the reds

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Lol you can see how dominant green is in every tie up

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

This game is loving sick

When was the last time there was scoring in the first 10 min lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I'm the guy with the water bottle chilling in the first fight

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

You would think after almost a century of the sport's revival at least one dude would learn how to actually fight

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Haha I like the two guys who squared up and then just walked away casually from each other

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

That was a loving picture perfect lariat holy poo poo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

That is one dead mother fucker right there

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

LvK posted:

I was grabbing another beer what did I just miss

Sickest clothesline ever

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i already love italian violence ball. go green!

I wish the human body was capable of doing this more than twice a year

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

That was a terrible shot to take.

Could have at least bounced it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Green is shook

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I still believe in green

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The new green strat will be to kill enough reds for a run

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Here lies green

Peperony and chease

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Next year Verdi is gonna bring a bunch of muay thai dudes as ringers

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

My kingdom for a gif of that clothesline

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Where is that middle picture from?

Are there other games of calcio storico every year?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Thats from team practice

I am trying to imagine what practices must look like since so much of the sport is stuff you cannot safely prepare for

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Seltzer posted:

THe parade is taking extra long to gently caress off this time

yeah

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alright here we finally go

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Let's go whatever team will gently caress up the Reds

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wow a lot of early scoring this year

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oh gently caress was that Bonfiglio getting stretchered?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lol there is one dude there who has learned BJJ

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Seltzer posted:

An armbar and about 3 expulsions

Sounds like they were all azzuris who got booted

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I like the dude in a full rear naked choke in the middle of the field

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sorry for triple post but why wasn't that a goal?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Frequent early scores

Reds with stamina

High scoring from the Blues

This is a weird year

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

This getting scrappy as gently caress

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Seltzer posted:

The game has been temporarily suspended because things are too out of hand.

which is saying something

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

How long is the suspension?

It looks like the whites just up and left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ssthalar posted:

Did they just say something about the police?

looks like it holy poo poo

• Locked thread