Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Admiral Rogers loving owns and he's certain to be asked about the leaked NSA doc and the various ways Russia directly attempted to meddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I get why they're being so silent and non-committal on things. Coates is a trump appointee and stuck in a precarious spot and/or is a toady. Rogers is still active duty military and is limited in what he can and cannot do as a result regarding the commander in chief. McCabe and Rosenstein don't want to step on Mueller's toes and interfere with an ongoing investigation. Still lovely, but understandable.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'll toss you an av cert after you re-reg.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

But seriously :lol: and loving glad ralp isn't an admin anymore because he would have already swooped in and probably gassed the thread by now.

So Trump is guilty of obstruction and is corrupted up to his eyeballs. I have complete faith in the Steele dossier now. The piss tape is real (although it's just trump directing hookers to piss on a bed not piss on him personally), and Trump and all of his people are on the Russian dole of some sort.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah only the coverage starts at 9. Comey testifies at 10.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pesticide20 posted:

Warner coming out strong

Yeah he's whipping it right out and making GBS threads all over the republican talking points.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

gently caress yeah Comey is livid.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

OH SNAP STEELE QUESTION

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hahahaha it's all loving true.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The Iron Rose posted:

goddamn no piss tape revelations :(

You could tell Burr wants to know about it. He was hinting pretty hard.

But Comey's answer basically indicates that a non-trivial portion of the steele dossier is true which means that there are major criminal investigations underway.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I mean he flat out said Flynn is in major criminal trouble.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TBeats posted:

Is Burr asking these email questions as a way to ding Comey's credibility?

^^ or that

It actually rehabilitates him in my eyes. It flat out explains why he did what he did and it makes sense.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It still is funny watching the 180 people have done on Comey since last November. I mean I totally get it, but it's still funny to an extent.

At the time it just seemed inexplicable what he was doing. With the gift of hindsight it makes me respect him more.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pesticide20 posted:

Lmao at Comey saying in talking with President Bush he didn't feel the need to write a memo

That meeting with bush was him tendering his resignation along with about 3 dozen other members of the DoJ and Bob Mueller's from the FBI over the reauthorization of an illegal program.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cowboy elvis posted:

Kinda weird that Comey rarely met with Obama/Bush.

You'd think the FBI Director and the President would talk a little more regularly.

Not at all. FBI is supposed to be independent. Also he was Deputy AG under Bush, not FBI director.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

god drat comey just laid it loving out

For those not watching: He basically said "russia in a very sophisticated manner hosed with our election as a hostile state level action with direction from the top" in an unequivocal manner in order to put that to bed once and for all.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 8, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hexyflexy posted:

"Why didn't you report up the chain of command?" He's the head of the bloody FBI.

If you believe there is a chain of command.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Every republican seems to ask the exact same line of questions. It's like oh poo poo republican here we go same loving poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMAILS

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Comey is making GBS threads all over russia again and trying to stress that they are going to continue to attack.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://twitter.com/AP/status/872844672292577280

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tom Cotton is such a piece of poo poo but I don't think he's getting the answers he wants.

Also wtf he's bringing up the 2004 incident.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pesticide20 posted:

Is Cotton trying to say that this isn't a bad situation because Comey didn't threaten to resign over it?

Yes that was his point.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'll say it: I don't believe that Trump himself had any involvement with the Russia hack.

I firmly believe that his subordinates were involved, but the old man himself either had no direct knowledge or it has leaked through the holes in his brain.

He has complete knowledge of it, but I don't think he personally met with anyone outside of Putin back in the pisstape days. he's absolutely running the illegal poo poo through his underlings but he has full knowledge of what they're doing. he's still micromanaging his personal businesses through his son. that's the way he works.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

loving Cornyn is a piece of poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EEEEEEEEMMMMMAAAAAAAIIIIILLLLLLSSSSSs

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Deathy McDeath posted:

Cmon dude. You've seen how Trump handles himself in public settings. Do you really think he could coordinate a multi-national conspiracy, through subordinates or otherwise, to influence the American election? Trump is either incredibly nefarious or maliciously stupid. He can't be both.

Look, he's definitely trying to run interference on the investigation, but he's doing it in the same hamfisted way that a person who gets their news from "Fox & Friends" would. Do you think he's really that canny? I don't.

A friend of mine is a former civil engineer down here in Florida that worked for the state for a decade or so. He was getting calls on his personal cellphone from Trump because he put a hold on construction at the trump tower in miami because they needed to put up a small retaining wall. The state engineers had drawn up plans and everything and it would have cost trump less than 20k to build it. He goes out to bully people on a personal level.

I'm not saying he is micromanaging every facet of the russian portion, but he is absolutely well aware of it and his actions demonstrate it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Old Man McCain talking about eeeeeeeemmmails

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Arc Light posted:

For worst prediction, I nominate everyone who thought McCain would ve "troubled" or "alarmed" by the President's actions.

Way too optimistic.

I don't think anyone expected a full on dementia episode out of McCain.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah Flynn is absolutely hosed. Comey confirmed that he's under criminal investigation and because it won't affect the rest of the inquiry, it's likely open and shut.

Also the big difference between Trump and Comey calling each other liars - Comey did so under oath and with the specter of perjury hanging over his head.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If Trump ever testifies under oath he's completely and utterly hosed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trump's tweets are official presidential statements, but presidential statements are not under oath so there's no risk of perjury.

The tweets would be used to impeach any testimony of his that's contradictory if he was ever under oath.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My hope and dream is he's under criminal investigation as well for perjury if nothing else.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I THOUGHT THE COLD WAR WAS OVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Genocide Tendency posted:

If the Senate had any balls what so ever, they would have Sessions and those four idiots from last week up on contempt charges.

Admiral Rogers clarified everything in closed session. Burr stopped in the middle of everything to point it out. He was just seriously in a position where he couldn't say things in a public setting.

• Locked thread