Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Updated link to the discord. Everybody join.

Download the app (search Discord) and join up!

https://discord.gg/rcqSCS

We are having a blast.

Yeah for reals it's a lot easier to ask one off questions and get quick replies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

The MagnetMan bios are for feeding Jean Greezy once you unlock her.

Speaking of Magneto is he any good as a WB striker? I just T2'd him and could always use another one.

He has solod every WB for me so far.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

My plan for who to T2 is: wait about a week before planning who to T2 so reddit can figure it out for me.

Pretty much my plan

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Welp. Time to t2 ultron. My god.

Hell yes its time for Lady Loki and Ultron to Shine!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Concurred. Top tier costume.

Yeah I've been eyeing it and drat it's legit. A+ buy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Both are great costumes
Vultures is drat near auto buy in my book. He is seriously beastly with that custume
I am throwing all my daily bio's till i tier 2 him. The gem in this release

Yeah his costume is Boss for sure. That was an instant buy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

Is there a faster way to get norn stones than grinding story missions and the pittance from the token shop?

:10bux: :10bux:

:homebrew:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Wait until you realize that upgrading Deathlok's uniform to Mythic is actually kind of a big deal

What do you mean?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This has been pretty helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TyHFgXufF24CB2_jqqkwE3cMYPCRQjiSYu2wKTAgu80/edit#gid=2145420469

Hopefully that link works. Is kinda a dumb thing but it makes it a lot easier.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I finished Wolverine yesterday and got Storm to 6*. I'll get Cyclops up by the end of the week so then I'll have all the mutants beside Jean. I guess I should probably use the T2 ticket I'll get this week on one of them and start working towards getting her, right? I don't know. I'm considering T2ing them without tickets since the Tracking missions are convenient but the Crystals are such a pain in the rear end to collect.

I got Proxima up to 5* and Level 51. I'm mainly just delaying because I don't have any biometrics I deep expendable. I should just shift some of my daily energy focus on farming Cap or Widow or some T2 I have and use them for Proxima. I just haven't focused on it. I feel like my resources are better served ranking up my roster as a whole. Every week I'm getting a couple of more Level 60s and beefing up gear, skills, and Iso. That feels more valuable to Shadowland than just spending everything I have to get Proxima.

Why not use the Mags BIOS? I've got like 800 of them saved up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

He can clear a level in shadowlands though guys!!
And his buff can be tagged to someone else right? Maybe i got that wrong but I'm about to t2 him because he's pretty easy to steady grind

Pretty sure he has the strongest physical attack buff at 45%.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is a thread on Reddit kinda bitching about the same thing.

Also shows how much I know because I didn't even know WBI was a thing. I though it was regular WB....

Guess I need to add it into my rotation.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So WBI am I just having poo poo luck or what? I've tried it 4 times but I've lost 2 of those times.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

The "trick" is that if you quit the game before you actually lose then you can save the energy and try again with no loss. Except the frustration and time.

Oh Hmm I didn't know that. That helps take the sting out of it then.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

I don't know the Android method (though I know it's repeatable) but on iOS I just hit the home screen, wait 5s, then tab back and I'm disconnected and can immediately requeue. No need to force quit on either platform.

The trick with WBI is don't fall prey to sunk cost fallacy, if your team isn't stomping (or you're not carrying) then just dc immediately and search again. There are a lot of Stranges, etc. queueing, don't fight for scraps w the plebs

ok thanks for the tip I think I need to start doing it a lot more since the rewards seem pretty drat decent.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How high are you guys taking your Lab equipment?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I took my matter generator to max and then kind of chilled. I just stopped converting chaos stones into crystals so now I figure I'll just horde matter and rank up the other machines. Store > Converter > Warp in priority, I suppose. But its always kind of been an after thought to me.

OK cool that makes sense I guess.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

plainswalker75 posted:

Are uniform options static? Like is there a database I can look up to see which other uniforms are required to unlock options for a particular character?

Like this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w-ctasW5u1qtbe0ZWy6d79YZVVbkUBKgGEG3v6RltWs/edit#gid=0

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vernon is pretty awesome.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I got semi lucky when I rolled this for my wolv.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stunt Rock posted:

Wolverine doesn’t need immune to web. He can out heal any Spiderperson’s damage 99% of the time.

He can but from the 5 min battles I've seen he's stuck in the web the whole drat time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

thechalkoutline posted:

Whoops forgot my question:

Do people think the X-Men missions are a more efficient source of bios per energy than WBI? My napkin math says yes but maybe someone else has done some thinking on this

I also can't find that big WBI reddit thread where they calculate the bio/energy #'s

I have to lean toward yes. If not it's super close.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

started last night, got 491/60 energy. God I haven't stopped playing but the energy just keeps going on.

It will end eventually but you'll be kinda glad when it does because you'll be ready for a break.

There really is a lot of stuff to do in this F2P game.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shappa posted:

I got bored of crummy supercell games and decided to give this a shot. Just applied to doctor goons if anyone is around to let me in.

edit- name is HowDoIMarvels

Welcome!

The game is a lot of fun and there is a lot to figure out. Ask lots of questions everyone is very helpful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

So far I've got both Loki/Sharon Rogers with free 6*+6* mastery, and am working on just going through story/doing dailies. I ended up finishing the Hero's Journey today with Sharon, was that a misstep? Also decided to buy Loki's f.costume with some free gems since it was on sale.

Other than finishing out the story, any goals to set? Or characters to try to get 6*?

So far you are off to a great start as both of those mans will help you out a lot.

There are lots of characters that are pretty good when they get to 6* with gear so just kinda pick one and go from there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

Intend to be mostly f2p(VIP-3 tops), what's a good use for free gems?

Mega Rank Up tickets or costumes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

who the gently caress is titania

I think I watched one of her "movies" last night before bed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

whatspeakyou posted:

Do mega tickets work on characters like Thanos?

No.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I am at a bit of a cross roads and I'm not sure which direction to go.

Do I spend my WB mats on native T2 dudes or! Do I use them to T2 dudes that I have ready?

I know that the Native T2 dudes are a huge money sink but I would assume they are worth it in the end.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I guess my line of thinking is that since I can only clear to about stage 10 of the SL T2ing 2-3 dudes a month would really speed that up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

Real question is what dudes are you thinking of T2ing naturally in lieu of the native options.

For me right now I've got the following dudes at 420,

Black Widow
SIF
Coulson
Gwen (gonna ticket her)
Red Hulk
Elsa
Iron Fist
Sharon
Medusa
Black Bolt

So those would be ones that are ready now with a few more on the way. I know that a few of them are perfectly fine at T1 but I really loving suck at playing them I guess because I can't do poo poo with them (I'm looking at you Hobo Fist).

I feel like I could T2 all of those dudes in the time it takes me to finish one of the native T2's.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

FWIW Iron Fist in particular is massively improved by T2. Not being able to do much with him at T1 is pretty normal. Arranging these in order of goodness in shadowlands IMO

Elsa - With her uniform she might still be the best speed T2 overall.
Gwen (gonna ticket her) - Excellent. Ton of iframes and a good heal for topping up between them that gets better with her uni. I usually use her on a hulk energy damage reflect relay.
Iron Fist - Can have some survivability issues but is otherwise totally solid. Give him an invincible obo. I usually use him on an IF boss using bullseye to lead for dodge ignore.
SIF - An excellent choice for a female combat hero. Only actually good with her uniform. Maaaay be worth waiting for Ragnarok for another uni? But she's not in it afaik. Slight edge in SL because of the lady relay stages later on.
Red Hulk - Great. Top tier combat T2. Damage can be a little meh in my experience but he's tank as heck and his leadership is good for a bunch of people.
Sharon - Uh, yeah. People say you don't NEED to T2 her but... she's really good. Only this low on the list because you can probably solo poo poo in SL with her at T1.
Black Bolt - Preeeetty good? I went for him over Medusa and he gets the job done but he's not completely incredibly imo. I have the tuxedo uniform. Still die sometimes when using him on the Falcon / Winter Soldier relays but with backup to swap to occasionally he can do it no prob.
Black Widow - Decent to solid at T2. Better choices for female speed heroes out there but she's wicked easy to farm.
Coulson - Poop himself, but will help give big numbers on ABX and is sort of required for WBU. Basically useless in SL because he's blast, one summon is speed, and the other is combat.

Medusa - Don't have her T2 so I dunno if it's a big improvement. I can solo a universal relay with her at T1 pretty easily though.

This is perfect thanks! I just T2d Gwen with a ticket and I'll do Elsa in a day or so (I do have her uniform).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Magneto is loving awesome.

That is all.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zokari posted:

Speaking of chaos norns, I'm on that section of both epic quests and I'm not sure which one I should finish first. I only have 5 characters at rank 6 right now, so I'm not getting them very quickly. The Wolverine quest doesn't require as many, but Strange seems more useful.

Wolverine is great and imo I would finish his quest first simply because it's gated behind less bullshit. I feel like you'll end up with him much faster and have the other 5 xmens to play with.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I still don't know poo poo about cards but I'd have to go with no.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kly posted:

Gems of War is my favorite, it's Puzzle Quest if you've ever played that. If not, it's like a bejeweled RPG. I also play Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and Fire Emblem Heroes which are ok if youre a fan of those ips

Gems of war is great. I play a lot of marvel puzzle quest but it's not nearly as friendly as FF.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man I just can't get past stage 12 this week. I have decent speed characters but they have energy attacks and they get their rear end kicked.

Oh well maybe next week.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol gently caress

quote:

New Equipment Options
There have been modifications to the way that gears work. Gears 1-3 will have 3 fixed stats, whilst gear 4 will have one optional stat. The third fixed stat for each character will be the following:

Gear 1: All Attacks Increases
Gear 2: All Defenses
Gear 3: HP

The numbers given for each of these stats is equivalent to high rolling every option. The amount you gain from each of the equipment slots will increase as the gear levels up.

Gear 4’s sub stat can be changed. It features the usual stats which were in slot 4, as well as 2 or 3 others which are recently added. You can check which stats you can roll for the fourth gear in the characters gear window!

ISO-8 Management Changes

Changes have been made to Chaotic ISO-8’s! You can now choose which ISO-8 you want to roll/combine, and the stats will be fixed based on the FIRST ISO-8 you select to combine. This means that you will now be able to control what the stats of your Chaotic ISO-8’s are.

I spent a lot of gold today that I shouldn't have lol.

Great changes though I'm glad they are getting rid of that random poo poo with the isos.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

:siren:
Due to the update, Weekly challenges will be reset. If you do not collect your weekly rewards before the up0date, they will disappear. :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I am loving pumped.

It's a real good update.

Absorbing man looks uh meh I guess?

Yay more combat dudes?