Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The Dave posted:

Keke is looking for user feedback:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SNB8D3W

Tell them to put :itjb: in like I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
BREAKING NEWS

BUTT-LORD STILL TRASH

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Network42 posted:

Why are people thinking that more 2099 crew are on the way?

Well there's Miguel and....um......well........

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Just the 26 day but good friend sgbyou is coming in place. I don't kick until 1 month. Gotta keep the standards strong.

I'm surprised all the goon alliances are full. Gotta assume there's room to make.

I cleaned out the applicants list from worst alliance and I've got some filthy inactives to boot once we get out of the latest round of not-risk. So anyone who wants a home post in here and I'll get you in tomorrow.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

plainswalker75 posted:

Applied as plainswalker75!

:getin:

VVVVVVV you too

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 12, 2017

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I just got my Snikt Bubs up to full speed so I can't wait to see what two of those going at it each other looks like. Probably like putting two tennis balls full of nails into a blender.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

thechalkoutline posted:

We don't talk about it much (Blast rosters too deep, etc.) but Mantis is like... really really good, e.g. better than Hellstorm, Hyperion, could go on

Mantis destroys the Hulk Rumble in SL. She's concrete.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
2 things:

1: Has anyone else had trouble feeding bios to someone and having them go through? I've had the game reset to menu when feeding Odin bios or having them not go through, with the work-around being feeding the bios in stages instead of all at once. This has been a recent development since the last patch and I'm wondering if something broke then.

2: I've finally gotten to the point where I can comfortably clear SL each week, which I'm sure is great news to everyone who's tired of me bitching about it. MagnetMan solves my issue with Floor 22 Villains, which freed up Stranger for 23. Snikt Bubs dominates 25 and that lets me use IF in the teens for a combat relay. Odin can either take care of Luke in 24 or I can save Ebony Maw for that and let Odin clear an earlier stage. Really, the only issue I have now is getting through the 10-15 floors when I'm trying to keep as many cards in my deck as possible just in case I get some bad floor draws.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The Dave posted:

This bug was introduced with the Spiderman release. Basically one your selected bios are off the screen they are canceling, so you can do it in chunks as long as everything is within view.

PARKER!!!! :doom:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Ramadu posted:

if you have cyke he easily dominated lucas p cage on stage 24 even if he is at t1 like mine is. it is probably the funniest clear because its literally hitting his 5 once and waiting for the win screen

I've barely pumped anything into punchclops. Other than MagnetMan and Snikt Bubs my X-Men haven't received any love. Since I got Odin and Thanos to 6* everything's been going into juicing them up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
So.....

Apocalypse (up there with Thanos/Dormmy/Jean Greezy)
Death: Arch-Angel (with Angel alt)
Famine: Sunfire
Pestilence: Polaris
War: Colossus

Sound good? Also if this isn't Colossus' 6-skill delete the whole game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLpovcDujw

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Scoss posted:

Much to my annoyance, I discovered only recently that doing the 60+ version of the xmen tracking mission adds a decent chance to sometimes find 2 bios per run.

The general rule of thumb is do the toughest mission you can clear with relative ease. The exception are the special missions with hidden routes, where you'll want to go with the easy ones because you can clear those faster and (in theory) have a chance to find more hidden routes.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

The Dave posted:

I wonder if they would do a new word boss with him plus the horsemen. It's too perfect. Keke delivers again.

People were calling that since the X-Men were announced. I could see it something like this:

Day 1-4: Horseman
Day 5-6: 2 Horsemans, like how those world boss rifts work
Day 7: A-Pac Now

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The good news is that leveling unis/urus are late game content that's really only necessary to beating the superduper world bosses and any PVP content. Unless you're blowing your whale horn loud and free it's not necessary to enjoy 98% of the game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

Oh, I cleared Extreme Alliance Battle for the first time today! My Strange died earlier than usual. Usually he just times out. So I switching to Sharon and she took everyone down. I actually didn't even realize you COULD clear Extreme Alliance. I was assuming it was just a "run out the clock" stage. I may have to try a little harder with that for now on.

wait wha? I thought the frost beast just auto-healed and couldn't die?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Finally got 5/5 on iThomas :toot:. My teams:

Snikt Bubs lead/Floki/Hulk (other than MagnetMan I don't have any of the X-Men at 6* yet so that's the best team I can muster that isn't needed elsewhere)
A1 lead/Strange/Karl
Odin lead/Thors
A13 lead/Sharog/Cap
Dormmy/Ghost Riders
Strikers: some combo of Wolverine/Strange/Odin/Sharog/Dormmy/Thanos/MagnetMan

Strange has no issue unless he gets knocked out of something and pounded; tagging out to Karl to take the meteors is the best way to avoid that. Snikt Bubs is fairly brainless and if you get in trouble just have to run around and let healing factor do it's job. Sharog and Odin require more luck than I'd like to admit, either getting a timely heal or Strange freezes Thanos at the right time. I'm happy Dormmy got the kill since I just 6*'d him and he's only lvl55 right now, with him you have to tag to avoid the meteors since he's far too slow to avoid them and when there's so much poo poo on screen it's hard to see when Thanos peaces out.

I'm fairly happy with those teams and the only one who'd look to crack it currently would be Jean Greezy and I'm nowhere close to getting her. Maybe Thanos once I've dumped another couple thousand bios into him, and depending on how Apocalypse looks he'll certainly be a candidate.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

fart simpson posted:

Noice! I just got Thanos up to 6 stars earlier this week (he was my final native T2 other than Jean) and finally unlocked Jean Grey today on the same day my phoenix feathers hit the cap. Things are looking up

I should have Superb Gigante/Black Dwarf at 6* by the end of the week, which is great because it means I can stop dumping all my money into leveling up BAM and instead find other ways to waste it all. Probably through rerolling ISO sets.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

I finished Wolverine yesterday and got Storm to 6*. I'll get Cyclops up by the end of the week so then I'll have all the mutants beside Jean. I guess I should probably use the T2 ticket I'll get this week on one of them and start working towards getting her, right? I don't know. I'm considering T2ing them without tickets since the Tracking missions are convenient but the Crystals are such a pain in the rear end to collect.

I got Proxima up to 5* and Level 51. I'm mainly just delaying because I don't have any biometrics I deep expendable. I should just shift some of my daily energy focus on farming Cap or Widow or some T2 I have and use them for Proxima. I just haven't focused on it. I feel like my resources are better served ranking up my roster as a whole. Every week I'm getting a couple of more Level 60s and beefing up gear, skills, and Iso. That feels more valuable to Shadowland than just spending everything I have to get Proxima.

I'm on the fence about how I want to T2 Punchclops/Storm/Rogue. I used a T2 ticket on MagnetMan since I was thinking he was top tier (and he ended up solving a SL problem for me so it was worth it) plus I hadn't really started grinding the gems and had the epic quest requirement. Now that I'm past all that, I feel like it's a waste if I don't use these resources to T2 the X-Men, even though the gems are a bitch to grind like you said.

My gut instinct is to be patient since I don't need Jean Greezy this second and I'm not close to having any of those three ready to be T2'd anyway, but that'll change depending on what new characters come down the pipe, especially if another round of mutants are on deck.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

Does everyone hate Beast? He never gets mentioned.

Beast suffers from not having any connection to unlocking Jean. If Rogue was the same way she'd be left behind as well, maybe Storm and Punchclops too I haven't spent any real time with them.

also beast a bitch hth

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, I'm getting a T2 ticket tomorrow and not sure what to do with it. Here's how things look.

T2s
Universal: Lady Loki, Captain Marvel
Speed: Black Widow, Elsa Bloodstone, Falcon, Ms. Marvel
Combat: Captain America, Carnage, Iron Fist, Wolverine
Blast: Sharon Rogers, Doctor Strange

Ok, so right off the bat my impression is "get a Blast or Universal" since those are the shallowest fields. But even though I don't have a ton of Blast T2s Strange and Rogers are my top 2 and Ancient One and Enchantress are pretty effective Blast characters at T1. And I haven't geared up Wasp or Magneto yet. Universal is another weak field but I'm working on Proxima now that I have the Epics done and then there's Thanos, Dormammu, and the rest of the Black Order.

Here's what my options look like.
Universal: Black Bolt, Trenchcoat Ghost Rider, Hellstorm, Hyperion, Satana, Thor, Vision. Plus Robbie Reyes at 150/320.
Blast: Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Crystal, Daisy Johnson, Enchantress, Iron Man, Kaecilius, Lash, Lincoln Campbell, Magneto, Storm, Wiccan, Yellowjacket, Wasp, Agent Caulson. Plus Songbird 266/320 and Cyclops 243/320.
Speed: Agent 13, Ant Man, Bobby Morse, Daredevil, Elektra, Green Goblin, Kate Bishop, Rogue, Homecoming Spider-Man, Captain America Winter Soldier. Plus Hawkeye 212/320.
Combat: Agent Venom, BeastBlack Panther, Blade, Bullseye, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Sif, Ant-Venom, White Tiger, Red Hulk, Deathlok. Plus Giant Man 189/320 and Warwolf 261-320.

So what do you guys think? Black Bolt is who I'm leaning towards right now but I'm very undecided. I figure I'm going to do the mutants the hard way.

Car Rider lets you solo an early SL stage, as would Thor. I don't know if Agent Vernon or Enchantress need the T2 to be elite. I know people are high on Rulk and my T2 Hawkgal is good to solo a middle SL stage, particularly the Racon Boss floor.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

im freaking the heck out posted:

Yeah I just threw Web Immunity on Wolverine or battles against Spidey would go on forever.

Funny enough I look for those, since I figured my Wolverine can get a couple of shots in and then run out the clock since Spidey can't do enough damage to get past his healing. It means the battles do go to time but as long as I'm just a little ahead, it means a W.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm half "yay more sl floors more rewards :toot:" and "christ I just got to regular clears and this whole process down to an hour what do I have to do now :bang:" so I guess I'm :confuoot: on this.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

Like, when I play roulette I spread my chips around on 5 or more boxes. I don't win every time and I don't have big wins often, but if I just keep doing it I can usually slowly build up my stacklose my stack less quickly. When I get cocky I throw some money on black or red to try and get a big windfall but it usually just ends up being a waste. That's how I'd see it. You'll never get the big payday but you'll buildonly lose your stack at a steady rate.

fyp for roulette/gambling reality

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I've finally got the entire Black Order 6*'d. I've dumped so much loving gold into leveling up BAM and now I never have to do it again until the next time an epic quest makes me.

Now to grind out around elventy kerjillion bios to get everyone up to 60! And to keep grinding BAM to get everyone's skills up!! :shepicide:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Honestly I'm kinda hoping they go easy with the new characters this time around, like just 2-3. I'm still working on the X-Men, have barely gotten the S6 off the ground, still need to finish the Inhumans, and christ the Asgardians aren't even done yet. I need some time just to 6* the remains of my roster before I can start going deep on anyone else.

e - a-force isn't done either but they'll never be done

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

A-Force is She Hulk, Sister Grimm, and Singularity, right? Yeah, them too. I'm giving them 8 bios at a time when I can.

Yessir. I'm hoping none of them ever get boosted into "must have" territory, I'd never get them T2'd at just 8 bios at a time.

And imagine how bad it'd be without getting 225 bios from SL every week? I'd only have the story mission portion of my roster 6*'d, much less T2'd.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cinara posted:

A-Force(Sister Grimm, She-Hulk, Singularity) characters are not obtainable in normal bio selectors, only the type-specific ones and the paid monthly one. This is true of quite a few other characters these days.

Generally those (I think Gwenpoole, Birdman, Clea, I'm prob missing some) at least have mechanics for them to drop when running stages. It may be a pain in the rear end but there's a way to grind them. A-Force is one step above the paywalled characters in that they're selectable from the daily bios but that's it.

I'd say it'd be smart to come up with a way to grind A-Force since they're not players in the meta but I don't think anyone really cares at this point.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
who the gently caress is titania

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

im freaking the heck out posted:

Also where the gently caress is Shuma Gorath? You're killing me Keke!!!

Checking out the UMVC3 roster, the only ones we haven't gotten are Deadpool, :doom:, Nova, Sentinel, Shuma, Super Skrull, Taskmasker, and X-23. Deadpool will certainly be coming down the line, same with Girlverine and Nova. Taskmaster's kinda in just no playable so he doesn't count yet, and I'm sure we'll get some Skrulls once Captain Marvel comes out (and if the game is still around).

So really it'll just be Beep Boop, :gaz: and Shuma Gorath we won't have, unless Shuma's the main villain of the Strange sequel.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

ThermoPhysical posted:

How are we supposed to level up Dormammu?

Dumping thousands of bios into him, same as Thanos and Jean Greezy and the Black Order.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/893305555770630145

o shi

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Apocalypse was only mentioned in one of those panel thingys from some event expo I don't remember which. If we were getting more mutants they would be hyping it to hell and back.

August looks like it'll be revamped SL, Absorbing Man/whoever the gently caress titania is/probably not Spider-Pig sadly enough, and maybe something else. September/October is whatever before Thor Ragnarok comes out in November. I'd guess October for Apocalypse/4 Horsemen but I'm generally wrong about everything so who knows.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Fneeb posted:

Any goon alliances got slots open? Come back to check out all the new stuff!

I think we've got room in worst alliance, give me this evening to see if there's any filthy inactives that need to be purged.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

thechalkoutline posted:

Not that it hardly matters, but no

You're essentially asking if you should trade 6% physical damage for 1% scd

So most ppl would say no, most rational people would say it doesn't matter

REAL TALK: Civil War 3 is a fuckin trap because it cannot roll the trifecta of SCD/DPEN/AATK, it can only roll the two you have. This makes it a solid midway card but needs to be eventually swapped out because even a card with SCD/DPEN would be significantly better. Let me know if you need more info, my card nerd meta knowledge is strong

What do you think of this guide, good/bad/what
https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/5mty9s/a_card_guide_from_beginner_to_expert/

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I've been playing this weird KOF '98 game. I thought I'd drop it after a week, but somehow I'm hooked.

Along those lines, blessed Netmarbu is supposed to be doing something with the KOF license at some point, I'm wondering when that'll come out.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

can't put him in until they do another big hell update and i'm not sure who they have left, mephisto?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

MarcusSA posted:

:siren:
Due to the update, Weekly challenges will be reset. If you do not collect your weekly rewards before the up0date, they will disappear. :siren:

:siren: Also if you're like me and wait until the last second to do Shadowlands, do it before update or you'll be locked out for this week :frogsiren:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I just naturally T2ed Magneto and my m'kran crystals are drained. I figure maybe by the time Rogue or Storm have enough bios to naturally T2 I might have enough crystals. Then maybe there will be another delay for Cyclops. I'm going to play it by ear but right now I'm tentatively planning to naturally advance 2 of them and use a ticket on the 3rd. But I have no idea how long it will take so I'm just going to see how it all plays out. Since getting them all at once isn't really an option I'm just waiting.

And there's no one else to spend the resources on ATM, adding in the cap it makes sense to level X-Men the long way instead of burning tickets and then sitting around with a big pile of useless junk.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I T2'd Lash AND bought his uni :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I don't wanna poo poo on Netmarbu too much because we've had mediocre/bad patches before and they've been receptive to people's complaints, but I'm starting to get annoyed with the game. Anything that I can't automate is becoming a hassle, the constant pop-ups for packages I'm not going to buy are obtrusive, and I was enjoying the three weeks where SL wasn't several hours of anxiety and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

The other issue is that we're starting to get close to the end of the game's natural lifespan. The whales here might not want to hear it, but mobile games are designed to last the lifespan of a phone before something newer/flashier comes along to hook a new batch of big fish. Considering we're scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to non-film characters and there's only so many not trash mutants to add, I'm thinking that we've got six months to a year before the game gets wrapped up. I'm imagining that any new game would be out by Infinity War and someone is supposed to be working on a game like this, so who knows. I may get to the point where I peace out until my boy :itjb: gets released and come back then, who knows.