Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
It's cool that I bought Bucky's uniform 2 days ago and now it's 40% off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Fried Sushi posted:

Never ever ever buy uniforms not on sale, they go on sale all the time.

Like all good mistakes I made it while drunk vOv

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

God drat Cable 5* needs a lot of bios to level and I'm sure 5->6 is an astronomical amount of gold. Any tips on getting them beyond blowing my energy on 10-x levels is appreciated.

Am I wasting my time when I have Switch with costume waiting to be leveled? Both rank high on the Holy Ranking List.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

SL 21 needs Villian Blast. I have none besides like, Kingpin. I guess I should not use Magneto earlier (no idea which stage I used him on)?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I T2'd Yellownjacket but he's not pulling it off, guess I need a uniform?

E: god dammit I didn't realize some of his attacks are phys

the only other 6/6 Villian I have is Hela but she's just T1. I have 3 T2 tickets should I just pull the trigger on her?

VVVVV. I T2d her without uniform and she just can't cut it. Looking at her uniform it changes the hell out of a lot of things and also gives her a short CD immunity which she didnt have before. Hard to believe there was a time they put out chars without even a shield let alone a self heal or lots and lots of guard break.

The only other good non phys villian I have is Black Maw but he's 1*

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 23, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

1.21 GIGATWATS posted:

YJ should be able to do it just with his 5th skill. Hit the 5, kite around the edge of the arena to avoid getting hit, repeat. Easier if you have VIP 3 and can tag out to heal if you get hit.

I assume this is with a uni? Cause poor boy ain't got one yet. He will be my next crystal purchase tho.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

1.21 GIGATWATS posted:

No uniform and T1 has taken floor 23 for me before. It's easier if you can put something with a damage proc on him and time the proc with the 5. I have a 4* crit damage / crit rate / 100% proc with POAH on him and it works.

And it was the floor with Hulk and Kingpin? Because I'm trying your strat and they just leap attack and block me in the corners.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

fart simpson posted:

I just pressed the wrong button and got 20 Angela bios from the bio sub :saddowns:

My Luna Waifu is T2 and besides 2099 I really don't know who else I'm going to use it for

E: to clarify looking at the tier list I already have everyone else high ranking at T2.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I'd forgotten how tedious Epic Quests can be.

1000 speed stones :sigh:

The 50 non guarantees drops from Story quests is fuckin rude

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

That's the one I'm on now. I keep checking back every couple of hours to use what energy I've gotten since then to get some more. I'm at 25 right now.

Somehow with all the extra bonuses I rocketed to around 800 energy so I was able to just blow away all the missions that have bios I want and finish the mission

Now I need 1200 stones uggggh

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Dave posted:

Luckily I'm at 20/19/19/19 so hopefully that doesn't take too long. Hearing how great Psylocke is has convinced me to get that pack as soon as I have enough crystals. At 6,125 now and trying to level up dudes to Level 60 as quickly as possible to get more.

Do you know if buying the pack after levels are completed grants the items and bios from the levels once you get around to buying it? I paid for the Magneto Deluxe addition when that Epic Quest was released so I don't know what happens if I buy it later.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

drat I thought I needed only 1000 Chaos Stones, but its 1200.

Don't forgot to 5* Fantomax while you're working on those WBUs

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Just got cap to 425 and crying at the requirements for T3

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Which is the spidy that makes my timeline fights take for loving ever because Wofie is constantly webbed but they don't do enough damage to kill me over my self heal while I get a single hit in maybe once every 10 seconds so I eventually win

Cause gently caress that guy

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

fart simpson posted:

Yeah I have about 1000 fragments saved up after two T3s, but I don't feel like T3ing anyone else yet. Maybe deadpool?

I haven't even hit 1000 yet

Cap all languishing at 70

I got the books before hitting the right amount of any other material too

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Fantomex at 10 bios a day hurts my soul, I'm never gonna have Deadpool at this rate a bloo bloo

e: VVV I've had real poo poo luck with tickets for a while, I used to always have some but now I only have a 3 and 4

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 29, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I just Favorite anyone I want to work on like that so they're all up at the top of my field. My roster is broken up into "Favorites" which are people who need ranking up or gear or needs to worked on to improve. And then everyone else who is T2 "finished" or 4/20+150 bios are the "unfavorites" at the bottom.

That's a good idea but have you considered just favoriting your WBU chars and being completely disorganized in your character progression so it's a nightmare

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

leaked 4.4.0 screenshot of Black Cat destroying Spiderman

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

beta ray bill's hammer is round and bronze coloured, it looks much cooler than that lovely sledgehammer. please keke add beta ray bilbo baggins

:goonsay:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Aw gently caress I just noticed that Titan's Record books only stack to 10? So I've been loving myself by doing Proxima huh

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

if youve only been doing proxima this whole time then yeah youve hosed yourself. oh well.

Right now I only do her a couple of times because I'm getting through the challenges on 9 and only have a few chars I know that can do 9 without much of a struggle (Capt, Luna, MAYBE Thor if I'm feeling it), but I def hit 10 books a while ago when I was doing all 5 on her.

Also what's the highest level that people do WBU? 9 is actually boring because it takes so long. I know my guys aren't nearly perfect (or T3) but if her hp jumps as dramatically as it does rank 1 to 9 when you go 9 to 18, god drat they're slinging a lot of dps. Is it only T3ers who can handle higher WBUs because its just a pure stats game at that point? I'll be sad if my frosty waifu won't be useful at high levels because unless I totally gently caress up she shreds all WBUs.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Dave posted:

I think he means your WBU level. As it goes up your valor goes up which is the important stat for how hard you hit the WBU bosses.

Maw will only take damage from elemental attacks
Glaive has a high dodge rate and you need a couple ignore dodge strikers

I know this was talked about last time but they all have attacks that will one hit you, you just need to remember the patterns and avoid the purple attacks.

Thought I imagine T3 characters should rock level 1 WBUs regardless and if that's not happening then there's a bigger issue than your cards, isos, or gear, you're just flat out doing something wrong at that point.

Doesn't Glaive only take 50% damage from non-Speed characters? Or is that Maw?

twistedmentat posted:

I'm not sure how to raise my raid level higher, I've put my best cards, spent a ton of resources rerolling to give them .01% more attack bonus, spent tons of stuff on improving isos and so on.

I can totally do people one at a time though. Like I can just bother with proxima for the blue space meths and then when i was to t3 spiderman or iron man I can switch over to someone else. Though No matter what I do, I cannot beat even 1 Maw or Glavie.

I felt like you at first when I came back but it's really just about learning the patterns (and paying attention to the blue circles because those mean "you die" if they hit you, as well as knowing what the announced attacks mean.

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 7, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Ebony takes reduced damage from physical attacks unless they're elemental.

Corvus I think gets reduced damage except from speeds, but its never struck me as significant enough to make a major difference. I mostly use non-speeds against him.

I mean, it's a 50% reduction, that's pretty huge.

Is Ebony's reduction the one that makes all hits only do 1 damage because that's the hard one

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Dave posted:

Do you have Anti-Venom? He's an essential striker for characters that don't regen health. If you have him going health isn't much of an issue, and then if you are doing enough damage mathematically to win within 5min then you're just getting hit by their attacks when you shouldn't.

Aw gently caress really? My Venom is like, 2 star, and I was pushing Hulk.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Dave posted:

He jizzes all over the stage and then your characters eat the jizz and get all their health back.

INTO IT

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I never thought of using Anti-Venom as a striker for that benefit. Does Baby Groot work the same way? Could be a big help for some of my guys who can do damage at the higher WBU levels but die too quick.

Unless the costumes change it, his heal is on a 30? Sec cooldown so not as great, plus it's the AOE so you have to stand in a specific area for the full effect

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I'm still at 9 for most of them and I'm finding that fights are starting to take so long that I am close to or dying to just normal damage if it's someone without a self heal. Even Thor since there's enough of a small window that I still slowly get my health chipped away.

I have Ancient One as a striker always because sometimes she strikes with the healing field (and her bonus is 10% damage so of course) but someone who is more reliably healing would be a welcome addition. Plus he probably does massively more damage than she does.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I've a lot of openings in my friends list if anyone wants to Do That

Add me chelatek

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

A surfing dog?! posted:

im actually in some crappy random max level alliance because I wasn't sure if I was going to play much again, and being the only dude to do the alliance conquest is cool because I get a good participation chest off just controlling one or two areas near the start and letting the other teams win.

also being #1 in alliance battle all the time is pretty fun I guess. I'm just missing out on whatever happens if you do well with the raid and being able to leech norn stones of chaos off dudes with the request.

Alliance level gives incredibly necessary stat buffs, most critically cooldown reduction

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

What's the total crystal return if I buy the Psylocke package? I'm saving crystals but getting antsy because some of the best chars are languishing in T1 because I don't want to blow a T2 ticket on them without a uniform, and some T2 guys who have a good uni

T1 guys:
Hulk
Black Panther (I'd get his big package though)
Anti-Venom
Spader Mans

T2:
Cable (OK he's T2 6/6)
Thanos
Black Order dudes (minus Proxima who I already uniformed up)

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

After buying the premium, I have 3k crystals again, so I'd say it gets you good returns, plus it should you get most of the way to getting Pyslock to t2, which is pretty good.

Oh that's nice, guess I'll wait then and suit up Hulky and Anti-Venom

e: god drat this game has longer maintenance windows than MH

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 13, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Ghost Panther and Weapon Hex seem extremely good and not...super excited about the rest? Maybe QS' uni.

e: it costs 750 gems to start the Heroic Quest what

e2: the rewards from the token event are Medusa bios , Robot Hammer dude bios, and the usual Norn stones/clear tickets/etc

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 13, 2018

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Aaaah gently caress. I always do that, buy bios and not Xgenes. Well, not like its a waste, I want ghost panther too.

Also grabbed the Moon Spider pack, and going to get the QS costume. Why not?

Interested in seeing how the QS costume works

I mean besides what they show, I mean like, in WBU and such

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

MonkeyBot posted:

Oh god it's 2 WBI completion time in my Heroic quest and it's the 3 or more co-op one. I hate everyone.

I'm at 10 timeline wins so lmao

At least I just got kicked down to gold so it won't take that long

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

The Dave posted:

That's what happened to me today, perfect timing.

I can probably get all 10 if I manually play but I really do not like Timeline that much

I just need to reroll out of anyone with a 70 Thanos because yikes that dude

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

What’s the verdict on the Fast Forward Man costume?

It makes his self buff happen instantly instead of the many second multi stepped process it normally is so 12/10

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Lol I chose a garbage heroic quest because I didn't know this was going to be such an involved affair

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cosmic cube fragment droprate is such a joke. I have more than double everything else and I'm still 50 away. They really don't make T3 easy, huh?

Cap is going to be first and Thor's waiting in the wings, but looks like he'll be waiting a very long time

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

10 Timeline WINS? F you Heroic Quest.

Aha I hit that point this morning and yelled at my phone

loving plat league is bs, T3s as far as the eye can see

Also completely unashamed to be excited for Marvel Rising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

plainswalker75 posted:

I don't understand at all why there's unskippable roadblocks in these quests. Like, there's no way to refresh the Alliance Battle, so they can't even make money off of impatient people; what's the point?

To make it take longer so people have a greater chance of loving up and needing to spend $ on the things that CAN be skipped

Or you know, the fact that they constantly make baffling decisions. I'm not sure how many of the people at Netmarble actually play the game because sometimes it feels like a bunch of disparate teams doing their own thing and cramming it together into one game.