Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

BEHOLD MY CREATIONS
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS
BEHOLD MY CREATIONS
BEHOLKDS MY CREATONS
BEHOLD M YCREAONS

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Ugh drat needing sleep before another long day at work tomorrow. Looks like I'll miss when it first goes live :(
Gonna whale tomorrow though. Got costumes and magneto to get

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Datasmurf posted:

Not got enough crystals to jump past it? That's what I did. Currently stuck at 3 R6 BAM. I got two and not enough crystals (or cash to buy more) to surpass it. Kinda irritating.

Gold is my constant wall in this game. Constant. I do all 5 co-op every day plus gold dailies and use like 300 energy a day farming

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
The chalupa will cleanse any lingering non goons and add you both

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

A million times all of this

I spaced that to get better results in co-op they need to be 4 star AND level 40. Que spending a day and change rotating my roster through speed clears and going from rank 2 to rank 5 for rewards
Should i/could i have stressed about all the people i need story bio's for still or all my many many 6 stars with maybe 5 gears, 2 or 3 in skills and aren't even 60 yet?
Sure but more productive to focus on the task for the day/week

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Don't be afraid, if you are basically soloing a boss, to lose and switch to weaker back up characters either. This is true for worldbosses and shadow lands
So if you can clear only using 2 strongs and a throw away, do that! Then try to find a new combo using that good 3rd person to find a new team combo

Trial and error. Getting people to 6 star and 15 with gears, figuring out when to use what i frame skills
That takes time and grinding it out. It gets easier

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Is MagnetMan worth a Mega Mastery or do I get enough of the new mastery thingys that I'm better served hoarding it? I've got two and can kinda fake a third.

If you have his quest and finish the wolverine epic quest you get 500 some bits. Ample to t2 him without using a mega 2
If you are concerned do his 2 a day mission to get another 16 to 20 a day

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Jean should be 6 star tomorrow. A few more days for enough gold to master and get the skills up

After her i think i need to focus more on finishing my story characters then I'll get back to the black order

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

What does your roster look like now?

2nding this. There are some great special mission characters to farm up

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So I'm curious what everyone does outside of hot time?

I will do my memory missions, dark dimensions, arena, alliance battle, mutual enemies, veiled secrets, world bosses and co-op

That seems like a long list but an hour later I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next hot time and honestly, sometimes I'll save memory and dark for the 2nd hot time
I tend to fill the void with world boss invasions

Do people farm story outside of hot time?!?! I don't tend to touch story daily or special outside of hot.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

NmareBfly posted:

Having just used Cyclops for the first time in SL, is his 5... supposed to work like this? Feels like a bug. :lol:

Working as intended.
It stimulates his never ending salty tears from wolvie always macking on Jean

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Sandman?!?!?! gently caress yeah.
Give me mech vulture and sandman. NOW!!!!

I really hope mech vulture is speed and actually boss at it. We need a strong speed character to join the upper echelon of broken people

Edit: calling it:
sandman fist, lizard fist, kraven speed, rhino fist, mysterio blast and vulture speed suit makes fist

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 26, 2017

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

Well alright T2 it is.

Since he's done who would be the best target from the monthly bio selector? The Agent Venom? Carnage is the only one I have ATM.

How is the rest of your roster? Agent venom is amazing but that's 2 fist characters.
For example Sharon Rodgers and enchantress are drat near game breaking
If your blast is weak focus on one them next

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
On the wb teams we use my list is most likely NOT helpful to new players as i whaled but:
Strange + meh
Sharon + quasi okay person just in case
Phoenix + i win no matter who
Magneto/cyclops + trash
Wolverine + whoever

If any team struggles enchantress is a easy win as well
WB i don't mess with what works as i experiment a lot in shadow lands

With the sinister 6 coming I'm actually holding off of pushing to tier 2 a few people, hellstorm & elsa depending on how range goes, until we see them. I didn't think there were spiderman villains i wanted but i was painfully wrong.
Want to have gold to get some skills and gears up immediately

I will most likely t2 sandman immediately. Maybe mech vulture too

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/5r10yl/the_beginners_questionnaire_to_marvel_future_fight/

Used this guide when i restarted and only tweaked a thing or 2 personally

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

drat good advice :words:

This is spot on advice. I took to his thinking and I've been making steady progress. Yeah i whaled hard initially but this is sustaining me and the advice i should have heeded

Any eta on the sinister 6 dropping? Tuesday?

Edit: Piggybacking off of this I'm focusing on Spider-Man because i assume new costume = good to great speed character now

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 29, 2017

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Friendly reminder to grab your weekly awards before 6pm pst(1 hour 15 minutes)

I assume I'm not the only one who takes them all at once

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Nevermind

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 30, 2017

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Confirmed vulture day mega 6. Maybe even tier 2
Rhino made my list to focus on too

Now show me sandman

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

Today I became a man.

Edit: Was really nice to get 1500 crystals back immediately from Epic Quest.

Grats man

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Hogama posted:

The Sinister Six

Classic Vulture's in, too.

Alchemax = Spider-Man 2099, Soul Stone = Adam Warlock?

Fuckity gently caress. Mech vulture is most likely fist with classic being speed if so

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
gently caress me, i don't know who to throw my mega 6 tickets at now.
Vulture is a must due to only being a shifter........rhino or sandman? Maybe mysterio. Kraven. Lizard

ALL OF THEM

I am regretting what i dropped on rogue. She was already iffy as a t2 speed and the nerf to her leadership removed her usefulness in the arena

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

NmareBfly posted:

I need 220 Gorgon bios to have all the Inhumans 6*'ed so I would respectfully request that NM delay this patch for about a week for me so I can finish out that branch of special missions. TIA.

I'm in nearly the same boat, well gorgon at least almost being done, but bring on the sinister 6!!

All villians with some drat good looking leadership? gently caress to the yeah. Looks like some of my roster is staying at 4 star a while longer
All my special missions, all my sl bio's to these bad rear end mother fuckas

Real question is who to drop a mega t2 on?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Alright my game plan is throw the 250 some fist bio's i got at Rhino and run his missions
Unlock sandman and mega 6 him
Vulture mega 6 as well

After Rhino i kinda really am digging mysterio. Yeah i got a lot of strong blast but he looks bad rear end
Kraven last :(

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Yeah gangster as gently caress
Mysterio and Sandman already 6 star. Vulture tomorrow

Realized i have enough crystals to get all 3 costumes AND 315 bio's for any of the sinister 6.....so....i could tier 2 one of them.
Need to figure out which one. I have so many blast but drat if mysterio t2 doesn't seem really good

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I went full hog t2 on mysterio, not a mega t2 either yay trying to not whale as hard, and i kinda regret that jump off point. He is 20 on gears and 6 on skills just missing a obelisk and iso set.
He's solid. You can cancel most of his skills and chain things. Animations are great but
It's who he is competing against.
I got jean, sharon, strange all at t2. He just can't compete damage wise or survivability
He is a combat villian blast so he has his place

I plan to dump the 300 bio's at the end of the 7 day check in Sandman as he is boss mode. He'll be my next t2 this week
Everyone else is already 6 star besides 5 star Rhino. Get that grind on

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

NmareBfly posted:

My plan for who to T2 is: wait about a week before planning who to T2 so reddit can figure it out for me.

No you fool!
Knee jerk people to tier 2 and then deeply regret your choice and feel bitter over how much grinding you need to properly tier 2 the MUCH better character

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I don't know...who...that is...

Other news mech vulture is legit as can be. At level 43 he could solo 10-7 quicker then my 52 Sandman

I'll be throwing all available bio's at him to t2 him. He is legitimately making the game fun for me again

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Doctor_Acula posted:

So are any of the costumes must haves? I kind of want Vulture's just cause it looks rad. Is Homeless Spider-Man worth it?

Both are great costumes
Vultures is drat near auto buy in my book. He is seriously beastly with that custume
I am throwing all my daily bio's till i tier 2 him. The gem in this release

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Anti-venom's seems pretty good. At 58, +6 on all gears, no iso, no custom gear I was face tanking corvus's attacks by hitting his five skill.

Yeah, sorry forgot to comment on this one
This is basically the rework he was needing. Took him from joke to actually very solid to good. Face tank away
So if you are a fan of venom is a must buy i feel
Hell mine is only 4 star and i grabbed it. He'll eventually be 6

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Network42 posted:

Why are people thinking that more 2099 crew are on the way?

Because the world needs more 2099 peeps

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I tried a time or 2 on 12-7 using variations of enchantress, strange or phoenix with a hellstorm leadership, and haven't cleared it yet

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just tried 12-7 again and wolverine could solo the boss
I started off with strange, who got randomly one shotted, then kept running around to let wolvie heal. Got pissed and just sat still
He couldn't kill my wolverine.
So it was just grinding him out

Tried 12-8 and was wrecked. Got to tweak more

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So I'm torn on the upcoming 300 bio's from the 7 day check in reward
I could throw them at a 6 star and basically guarantee being able to tier 2 them BUT i have 2 tickets currently.
Beast, elsa and Spider-Man are all just on the edge of being maxed out and vulture is chugging along

So 300 bio's could also boost another character to or close to 6 star
My people remaining:

Misty Knight, Sin, Hogun, phil colsun, mocking bird, Venom, agent 13, Gamora, Gorgon, Giant Man, Luke cage, war machine, green goblin, doctor octopus, punisher, drax, hulk - all 5 star

Maximus, Winter Solider, Modok, Karnak, kingpin, squirrel girl, Nebula, iron man, fandral, falcon, Captain America, star lord, Volstag, dare devil, elektra, cross bones, Blade, hulking - all 4 star

Vision, moon girl, yondu, lizard - 3 star

Everybody has some bio's, some closer to the next level then the other
None of them jump out as being "needed"

What do you guys think?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Much appreciated everyone. I'll push to tier 2 phil and use my sl bio's next reset to 6 star Venom, i have his costume, and I'm 2 days farming from finishing doctor octopus to 6 star

I got costumes on lowbie people. Punisher, venom and winter solider all have costumes despite not even being 6 star. Maybe a few other people do as well, can't recall but I'm sure i did something impatient as that at some point

Trying to control the whaling so i have goals to work towards in terms of progress both farm wise and content wise. Every week i get closer and closer to completely clearing shadow lands. And every 2 days or so i raise someone else to 15 in gears and at least 3 in gears. Too many people have poo poo for gears or skills so I'm hitting walls that i created by whaling. Trying to back fill

Edit: homecoming was great btw. One of the best Spider-Man movies hands down. Funny and good action
Proves vulture is best t2 out of the sinister 6 with costume
Do it
He kills it

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 10, 2017

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

thechalkoutline posted:

300 bios is like a week and a half of SL, so I wouldn't sweat it

Yeah I'm actually debating using my shadowland bio's to either greatly speed up t2 people or feed the world bosses and phoenix.
The characters that i don't have at 6 star are all very meh. I can slowly get bio's via co-op world bosses
Basically don't feel like I'm missing out not having Sin at 6 star

friendly reminder
Reset is tonight. Grab your weekly rewards and remember that alliance battle, battleworld and arena all reset in under 3 hours

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Speaking of the alliance store...can someone give me the risk schedule?
I really need to step up in helping out there
I'm finally going through and bringing 2 60's to minimum 3 in skills and 15 in gears a day
Trying to bring my roster up to snuff, besides waves of unskilled peasants, and want to put it to good use for the guild

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Vodos posted:

You get thingies to turn into alliance points/xp/tokens based on the amount of regions we hold after each phase ends. If you don't collect them before the next phase starts, they'll be gone!

The first risk attack phase starts two hours after Friday's daily reset. An attack phase lasts for two hours, the next one starts 6 hours after the previous one ends. The second attack phase is during the first 2 hours of the second hot time and the third phase is when most of you sleep, four hours before hot time starts again. Risk ends at Tuesday's reset.

At the daily reset any characters that were defeated are revived and can be used again. Chars on defense are stuck there (although you can switch them out for tokens, but don't do that). I don't know if they fixed this yet (prolly not), but if you attack a region and don't finish the attack before your access is cut off / the phase ends / the region locks, you characters might be stuck in limbo for days. Last time this happened to me, the region had to be conquered by us, then taken back by another team for my chars to become unstuck.

Excellent. Thank you sir

And what?!? There are possible 5 star tickets?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Nice work!!!

What a real American hero.

Also, all goons, we have a nice discord filled with marvel goons from this game and others. It's a fun place. Come join!

https://discord.gg/Phg3ZN

Can we get a new invite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Stunt Rock posted:

Also Beast is bad.

He can clear a level in shadowlands though guys!!
And his buff can be tagged to someone else right? Maybe i got that wrong but I'm about to t2 him because he's pretty easy to steady grind