Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Steve Vader posted:

Okay. Just won 100 Biometrics and pondering who to spend on.

What's the best Captain America costume? Or will it probably be the Nomad look from Infinity War?

I've heard that its the Marvel Now one, so Hydra Cap. I have the Civil War one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Steve Vader posted:

I've got the AoU one on him now. I'm not getting Nazi Cap. I have some principles. I'm unable to bring myself to level up Red Skull or Sin, thanks to the current political (polshitical?) climate.

Yea that's why I stuck with CW Cap, him at his most principled.

Dravs posted:

I would imagine both Cap and Black Panther (and probably Bucky) will be getting new costumes very soon. The BP movie comes out next month with Infinity War the month after. Might be a good idea to see what comes out from that before spending crystals on current costumes.

I'm pretty sure Infinity War is later in the year, I don't think its March. Maybe May? But yea I've been saving crystals specifically for BP update next month.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Now that I know how low the cost is to T2 the origonal roster, I'm obessed with getting them all to t2. Mostly that will enable me to save my good characters for the higher level SL stages. Got IF and IM, now working on Iron Man and Black Widow.

BUt I have no idea what to use the 300 bios from the end of the 7 day checkin on. I'm not going to use it on someone I can easily farm, and the only can't farm but can use selector on that I want to actually work on is Red Hulk and Hellcat, but I feel like Red Hulk i the best idea.

The BP pre event is going to be pretty much just going to get me norn stones as I already have BP at t2.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If anything Bucky will probably be a Post or Mid Credits scene.

Oh speaking of cinematic battles, I'm only stuck on the final battle on the Ragnarok, and I feel like T2ing Hulk of Valkyrie will help. Though I'm not sure which to do. Both are probably a good choice, but I want to level Hulk, but Valkyrie might be the better choice, her being a premium character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kegslayer posted:

Do you have Coulson T2d already?

Hulk T2 with the uniform is a solid choice but Valkyrie will probably let you finish it and a bunch of other things if you're stuck.

There only things I can't do are

Apocalypse World Boss with anyone other than Wanda and Jean, and one of them has to be sacrificed
Hard Mode WB and Alliance Battle.

Oh and stuck at SL 17 but that's more because I just don't have enough characters that can clear it than them actually being too hard for my crew.

I used it on Hulk because that's what I was always going to do, I shouldn't have even considered anything else, but now for the next its either Valkyrie or Kraven.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

In case all the new folks have missed it, we have a very active discord channel here:

https://discord.gg/RmRPzew

The discord itself has a FF Channel I made specifically for our safety. Come on in!

Invite has expired. I was wondering if there was a discord. The Galaxy of Heroes one is pretty active so I was hoping FF had one.

I figured with 3/4 Cinematic Battle characters being T2 I could finally finish the last battle, but nope. I guess I'll have to T2 Valkyrie to complete it.

BUt holy poo poo WB Extreme is a pile of bullshit. I have no idea what the limitations are because they're so weirdly worded. And I enjoy watching characters that regularlly do 5 digit damage with even white hits doing 200 damage on a boss that has I think 2 million hit points. I don't die, I just have the timer run out because no matter who I bring to a battle, it doesn't do squat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

That’s weird. I set it to never expire.

Try now.

There’s a giant channel for all the former Marvel Heroes players too. It’s called Gay City, naturally.

The one we use for FF is called futurefightsafezone. You’ll see all our names there. It’s friendly.

https://discord.gg/RmRPzew

Maybe it didn't like direct link clicking? It worked when i posted it into the app

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kegslayer posted:

Game's back up.

BP's costume is only 5.5k and the others are 1,050.

It doesn't look that bad considering the BP pack comes with a T2 ticket and the costume is legendary but lol at anyone saving up for Adam Warlock if this is going to be the new norm.

Yea that's what happened to me. For some reason I thought it was a t2 mega ticket, but just a regular. THough that means I got Valkyrie T2 a few weeks earlier than I expected. Next up Quasar.

Extreme BP is really loving hard. I made him as powerful as I possibly could, and I still can't get past the first part. Its not Klaw, but his minions that kill me.

The splash screen says there is a event quest, But I don't see anything, just the 2 week sign in event. Also where is the Trivia thing? I looked everywhere.

And as I t2 Valk, I tried the final Thor Legendary, and I still cannot beat it. You'd think all 4 characters being t2 and maxed out would be enough, but Hela just kills Loki, Hulk and Valk in the first 3 seconds and then thor goes down.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I found Strange harder than X-men, but more because I had no idea how the World bosses worked so i didn't bother with it until the Cable/QS/SW World Bosses came out so I had to learn.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nilbop posted:

I started both at the same time and finished the Wolverine quest a month ago. I hated both of them but my jaw absolutely hit the goddamn floor when the Strange quest asked me to 5-star loving Clea.

This was directly after the bullshit with "collect 5 billion pieces of rank 6 dark matter."

Around the same time that I got to her the Black Panther patch dropped and I just deleted the app in disgust at the absurd monetization going on. Like, I was still waiting for them to make good on that "We're sorry, let us fix the mistake we made" post they dropped post-Ultimates and actually make Blue Marvel bios achievable. But seeing how they never bothered retuning the Strange epic quest after the Wolverine one, much later, was so much better constructed just made me realize these dudes hate me personally and want me to destroy myself.

Yea, I think I ended up using the daily bios for Clea to get past that. Because gently caress running those missions and hoping she shows up and you can get 1 bio. Didn't it ask for like 10 of the highest ranked Dark Matter? I remember that being a huge amount of bullshit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kegslayer posted:

Did the refund come through already?

Are they refunding us that bought it at the original price?

STAC Goat posted:

Luckily the thread had told me about the Clea requirement ahead of time so I stashed a 5* ticket for her. They seem to come along often enough that you should just mark it for her if you're trying to get Strange. Like we seem to get one every time they have a maintenance/update blackout.

Yea, but i am dumb and never save them. Well, at the time, now I do. Helped to get Luna up faster.

My current T2 ticket usage is Quasar-Mantis-Luna, assuming I have Luna ready to be t2'd by the end of next month, or if i have it done before the end of the movie, she'll get the end of month ticket used on her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
From what I can tell only Wong from the Strange batch of characters isn't worth working on?

Also, holy poo poo i'm going to be able to t2 quasar and mantis and luna in a decent amount of time. Well, assuming I can get Luna maxed out to t2 her at the end of the month with the monthly T2 ticket. I'm thinking for the next one either Skurge or Kraven.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The worst thing about World Bosses is leveling them by sacrificing bios to them. Once you've completed the X-men, their tracking missions are a good source, but otherwise youre farming bios that you could be using other places.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can reach 20 in SL now, but at that point I have a single t2 and all my decent t1s are used up as well. I swear Wave Mode is designed just to make you use good characters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm trying to conserve my clear tickets, so what uses them up and what doesn't? obviously clearing levels automatically does, but does repeating use up 1 or as many times as you do the level? From just observing, it seems like both. It's weird and inconsistent.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I seriously feel like I've been feeding bios into Dom since the new year and I'm only at 50% to 60. God I hate leveling world bosses. When I was leveling Cable, Wanda and Pietro I sacrificed all my bios to them, including really hard to get ones. Why am I going to do this all over again with Thanos?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

fart simpson posted:

I have every native T2 at level 60 :getin:

God drat that's painful to imagine.

Steve Vader posted:

I want a playable M’Baku now.

gently caress yea.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to keep choosing T2 tickets until I have all the top tier characters at t2. That helps my progression much more than anything, and anyways, I still cannot beat the final Thor legendary or the BP Extreme vs Klaw. No matter what I do, I die so quickly. This is probably because I will never understand iframes that it seems like almost all modern games rely on. It also seems kind of silly to have a fremium phone came to have the same kind of mechanics as a Soulsborne game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
For some reason I used a ticket to t2 Cyclops. Dumbest decision ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

A surfing dog?! posted:

I don't have great ISO's or cards or anything for my Black Panther and I barely beat the Extreme Mission even after the nerf, but putting after I put an Obelisk that heals on him I've been able to hover around 50-60% health on completion. If you can manage to make one like that it should help. I don't think I'll end up getting the 90% HP remaining bonus reward anytime soon though. I'm always starting an animation for an attack that keeps me in place when he decides to ram his car into me.

How do I make a healing ob? It's not clear which one to start with.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's it, i'm never bothering with coop world boss dailies because no one you play with bothers to try to complete the task. I can understand it being hard to do with use team up attack 3 times because its really easy to kill the boss before you can, but when the task is use less than 3 male heroes and both people on your coop team have nothing but male heroes, gently caress you. It either needs to be removed or fixed so its just participate.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It just is super annoying that people don't put any effort into it, but as is mentioned, trolls and stupid kids.

I have 5k crystals and there's a uniform sale, the only one I'm thinking of getting is the hobo Thanos costume, but there might be some that are must gets I don't have.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I ended up just buying Hobo Thanos and Cool Coulson in the sale. That still leaves me with 3k crystals and assuming they don't come out with like the All New Wolverine for Laura or something else I'd get in a second, i'll probably have a decent amount by the time Infinity War comes out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Has there been any rumors of what's coming in this months patch? I assume anything we get will be just prep for Infinity War which will probably be massive.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I saw those a while ago, its like how Captain Sharon Carter is showing up after she was added to Puzzle Quest.

I can totally believe Voyager being added to the game, as they tend to push the new character stuff is focusing on, but then they're quickly forgotten. Poor Singularity.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My inbox is still filled with the norn stone slectors from the BP event because i don't actually need any. I did burn through my Chaos Norns in my t2 spree recently though.

Archangel is one of the few times Angel wasn't just "guy who flys". I can see him getting his Black Vortex version at some point too. I am curious how they're going to ad more mutants, are they going to fill out the 92 cast and give us Jubilee and Gambit? Are they going to give us the Claremont lineup and add Colossus, Nightcrawler and Kitty? Or will they do something more modern and give us characters based around current comic teams?

Though that still gives us roughly the same characters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Which Hulk? Banner, She or Douche?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That is douche hair, no matter who you are.

Wizchine posted:

I think he made a typo while entering "Juche"

That's pretty fantastic.

So is it only Scott bios that can be exchanged, or any bios?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Omfg. Second xmen announced!!!!!

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/974482889030041600

YYYYYYAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS DARLING

Emma was 3rd on my hopeful list after Magik and Nightcrawler so I'm pretty happy about that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The other X-men on my wishlist are Colossus and Pyslock. Iceman would be pretty cool too. Its good to get more X-men as I'm completely full on my X-men mats, and have been for ages.

Of the following Villains which should be the priority to rank up to t2 - Skurge, Kraven, Mads and Satana?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Network42 posted:

Satana with her costume is the best of that group by a whole lot, she feels like a solid A tier.

It's worth noting that she's a hero though, if you're looking specifically for a villain.

Oh crap, I thought she was a villain for some reason.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Imagine I posted "JUBILEE" here in bright flashing rainbow letters.

Does a Mall Baby eat chilli fries?

And yea, Mads is Kaecillius, i was just to lazy to look up how to spell that. And I want a villain for SL. The only thing holding back me completing SL is just lack of t2s, why I'm focusing on getting all the cheap t2s up there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am actually surprised we haven't gotten Deadpool yet, he seems like a no brainer to release now they're adding X-men characters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I've been assuming Deadpool will come with the film too. Probably paywalled because a lot of people will shell out for the 20 bios a day for him. I know I will.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Magik? That is a pleasant surprise!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I need to read more carefully, I bought the 20 daily bios because I thought thats what i said for Magik and Colossus, but nope, needed to buy the 20 x genes. Oh well, at least I can finish Spider-Man 2099 and work on Killmonger or Ironheart.

I basically bought everything, both new costumes and Emma. As the above poster said, at least you get a 6* character out of the box, even if she'll take a lot to t2. Maybe I'll buy the package down the road, but I'm afraid there will be tons and tons of stuff for infinity war and I want to make sure I can at least get a movie Scarlet Witch costume.

New Logan costume wrecks the AoA Logan in arena I found.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was also able to beat Apoc WB with just Now Wolverine, which is something I had to sacrifice both Wanda and jean to do in the past.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was wondering why I was getting Colossus bios every day.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cinara posted:

Worst Alliance is mostly non-goons at this point I think.

I was wondering about that. It seems like the store has been at the same level forever.

And I used my selector for Jessica Jones as everyone else i have left to level is farmable except klaw, and I have more JJ bios than his.

Always kind of an issue when you have a lot of the roster unlocked and maxed out you end up with having no one to use these things with.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

Well you should have used it on Klaw if you had more JJ bios becuase it means you actually ended up getting less bios to fill JJ then you would have needed for Klaw.

But its all relative. And there's two more coming. But theoretically you want to be going for the lowest people you have on your roster for the maximum payoff. Unless you just don't want to.

The good thing is that even if you use these on a 6* character it rewards 256 bios so it can still be useful for gear, T2 advancement, or the native T2s.

It was because I have more bios for gear on JJ than Klaw. But I get what you're saying, but I was more about gear levels than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

plainswalker75 posted:

I've been paying my :10bux: everyday, I just figured it took exponentially more gold as the ranks increased, not that half our membership hasn't logged in in over a month :P

Me too. I coop battles, toss a million at the guild. Probably one of the few who do that.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, true, that makes sense. Actually... Now that you make me think of it... isn't it it just 320 bios no matter how you cut it? Like if you have 10 bios and use it you're "gaining" 310 bios and "retaining" 10 for 320. If you have 310 you're "gaining" 10 and "retaining" 310. If you have 150 its 170+150 for 320. If you have 200 its 120+200=320.

So I guess it really doesn't matter what 5* character you use it on because it all comes out the same. Although like you figured if you have more bios on hand you'll have more left over to gear up.

So yeah, its a whole "whatever you feel like doing" thing. In the big picture it pays out the same unless you have someone below 5*.

Yea, none of my Selector Only characters are below 5*, and everyone I have lower than that are easily farmable from normal game play.