Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I have always wondered why the people with theses kind of cars covered with bumper stickers and messages etc. are always crazy right wing types. Why aren't the crazy left wing types covering their cars with their weird conspiracy theories and "I hate bush/trump" etc stickers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Now fair enough if this person has dressed up all sexy-like to go clubbing, or on a date or whatever.

But why dress like this for a trip to the supermarket? She has a half full trolley, so it's not just popping in for bread and milk after a hard night at the club/on the streets. This, with all the attendant effort to get that hideous make up on, and those uncomfortable shoes etc., this is her grocery shopping outfit.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

But that's actually really lovely though. The victim is only consenting because of a falsehood.

Rape by deceit is a real thing that is a crime in many countries.

As far as i know it has mainly been used in cases when a person literally pretends to be someone else to gently caress someone, but I also vaguely remember a case of a casting couch scenario where some music producer told a woman that he'd get her into a video/a record contract if she hosed him. She hosed him and he didn't do what he said he would, and she sued him and won.

I only vaguely remember that story though, so I could be entirely wrong and/or remembering something from TV.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

If this guy has a triangle of yellow hair under his hat, then I think we have found Chad.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

On the weird plastic surgery guy/guys:

Whilst I think I understand body dysmorphia and all that, so facelifts and boob jobs and liposuction and all that to make yourself "pretty" or "handsome" etc. makes a kind of sense.

But what about the fake six packs, or pec implants? The point of having a six pack is so you have cool muscles to do cool muscley things like lift poo poo and be fit and active and physically confident. The same with pecs, they show you have big muscles and are strong and fit etc.

They guys getting fake ones don't get any fitter, or any more muscular, or any better at the physical activity these things give you. So they are paying stupid amounts of money so they can take their shirts off in public.

Also, surely fake pecs and fake six packs must feel really weird and plasticy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

When I read "lay five bricks a day", I immediately assumed that these proud boys were having their bowel movements supervised, (both in number and consistency), by their leader.

Also, the only ejaculate within 5ft of a woman, to me is going to see a whole bunch of these 'proud boys' wanking themselves of in public places because there was a woman nearby. Perhaps even talking to her afterwards as one of the 5 a day.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Didn't that guy try to get girls by "Bell Airing" them?

I don't know what that means, and I am hoping against hope that it means that he tells them a story all about how his life got flip turned upside down.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

It's the muddy loafers with no socks that gets me all the time.

Sure the obesity and slacks and stupid beard are funny, but not as funny as the slip on vinyl footwear this fat moron chose to go camping in.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Slugnoid posted:

pretty sure this is a coded ad for a no-manlets-allowed big gay orgy

Look at the asterisk. There is one manlet allowed.

And given his height, you can guess why they call him Big Stevie

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Is the dude the one getting divorced? Or are one of the blow job givers the recent divorcee?

Probably the second, (seeing as it is a party and all the ladies are probably friends). But that asks the question, why is having the chance to blow a mediocre looking guy with several of your friends a present one gives to oneself after a divorce?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Geek," "nerd," and "gamer" should be classified as insults again. If you let the media you consume dominate your identity then you're a pretty worthless human being.

Dunno about "geek" or "nerd", because a lot of normal people who have watched Star Wars once and liked it and remember the name of the baddie guy in the scary black mask consider themselves geeks and nerds.

But Gamer is definitely an insult. There is a huge difference between being a person who plays video games and identifying as a "Gamer".

The people I know who play video games don't get upset at me when I don't know what they are talking about, or show no interest in hearing them recount the hours they spent wandering around a made up world shooting their magic pixelated pew pew gun at other pixels. But 'Gamers" ... god forbid if you don't understand and enjoy everything about the game they consume. Or even worse, if you dare to say you play a different video game, or only play a little bit for fun. Then you are the worst of the worst. A casual.

Geeks and nerds can be exactly the same way about the various media that they themselves consume, but I have found that there are also a lot of normal people who will watch a movie, or read a comic and then go on with their lives. People who call themselves Gamers on the other hand. gently caress them.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Ein posted:

That's true for absolutely every hobby, interest or vocation. If you only recognize that in gamers, only receive that attitude from gamers, then it sounds like you hang out with a lot of gamers. Maybe you should pick a new hobby full of angry idiots, like gardening, cooking or pool.

You are right, and I see what you are saying. But my point is, my friend who is seriously into motorbikes, (his job is related to motorbikes, he owns more than one motorbike and goes on rides in the hills with his motorbike mates for fun), doesn't get mad at me when I don't know the difference between a Kawasaki X573 and a YamahaHP871. Because he's into it, a lot of the time the conversation will drift to motorbikes and I will try to keep up but all I know about motorbikes is that they ususally have 2 less wheels than cars. But he is not singularly obsessed and does not expect me to share the obsession, so we continue talking/being friends. I imagine it's the same for him when I start talking about cricket.

But I dare you to go to a self identified "gamer" and tell them that you like video games because you used to play Mario Brothers, and have Candy Crush on your phone. The spittle, outrage, and 5 hour rant on how you are ruining his life by enjoying a hobby wrong must be seen to be believed.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

cnut posted:

possibly :nws: for titty glitter

https://i.imgur.com/c9DlvFB.jpg

I can't hate this too much because she looks so happy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Testekill posted:

Preaching to the choir, I used to live in Werribee which is marginally better than Frankston.

Werribee is Frankston, but with the added joy of smelling like poo and not being near the beach.

(I grew up in Karingal)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Intoluene posted:

I thought WA was our "south". Although, the banana benders do get rowdy this time of year...

WA is far enough away from anything relevant so that it doesn't really matter.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This gives me a thought about body pillow waifus.

Do the guys that own them own multiple of the same character? So that when Ami-Chan is in the wash, he can put another design of her on the pillow. Or do they have different underage catgirls for each day of the week/washing cycle?

Or, most likely, do the filthy bastards only own one very special waifu thatthey are emotionally connected to, and therefore never wash.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Slugnoid posted:

duh clearly you take ami chan into the shower with you

then you gently caress it

Ahh. I've been getting the order wrong.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Testekill posted:

That's an exhibit in an art gallery

That's no excuse not to keep the dldoes clean.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I'm not sure if this goes in AUG, Schadenfreude, or Weird Stories: at least 15 teenagers in a remote town in Morocco "admired" (i.e. engaged in bestiality with) a donkey. Surprise, the donkey had rabies! All of them had to get rabies treatment, which they've survived amid massive embarrassment, and the donkey got slaughtered. Fffffuuuuuck.
:smith:

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2017/08/225797/15-teenagers-treated-for-rabies-after-engaging-in-bestiality-with-donkey/

Of course that donkey was slaughtered.

15 boys? And not married to any of them? What a whore.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't think these are gross or ugly per se but drat if they don't look awkward to me.

Shirt garters, or sharters if you will.

Why wouldn't you just tuck your shirt into your pants like a normal person?

Also, wouldn't walking in these shirt-garters be really difficult, depending on the tension levels, and how high/low they are on your thighs?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This guy was in an Australian advert for fish fingers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MET6367JVk

Dunno what he is doing with the tiger though.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Grandmas in small towns shouldn't have internet access unless they're properly licensed.

gently caress you.

That grandma is sweet and I would give her all my Thomas the Tank Engine merchandise.

That is if I didn't need it so much personally.

Edit: Whoops, got Thomas's name wrong.

BrigadierSensible has a new favorite as of 08:37 on Aug 16, 2017

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

cnut posted:

Here's a 35MB gif of a guy loving a car as a lady in a niqab walks by. Obviously :nws:

[redacted]

:confused:

Is he filming himself loving the car, or is he watching something on his phone to enhance the car-loving experience? If so, what is he watching?

Somebody has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Aug 25, 2017

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

rumble in the bunghole posted:

everybody knows you go up the tailpipe, what the gently caress technique is this

It means he's not loving the car, he is getting a blowjob from the car. Duh.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I'm the lone coat hanger.

Imagine what article of clothing used to hang on that. His interview suit? An academic gown?, Military dress whites?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

text me a vag pic posted:

less words more content.

Does one have to go to a special shop to get underpants in that size? Do you have to have them specially made?

I personally am not a small or skinny man, (I wear size XL), but even in Target and Myer etc. I get freaked out by the size of the 4XL and 5XL T-Shirts and pants.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to shop for clothes if you are this size. And also if you are this size, how did you allow yourself to getthere? Surely there was a point where you said "Well, I can't find undies to fit me in normal shops any more, better cut down on the donuts and mountain dew."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Heath posted:

I am a 6'1" man and I have to buy small size shirts from Walmart because they offset their sizes by at least one to account for the fact that their clientele are, on average, huge as gently caress.

Edit: these were skin tight athletic shirts, too. I got two and they still feel kind of big on me.

I'm 5'7" and a little chubby. My brother got me a T-Shirt as a birthday present and ordered it from America.

It was XL and it was monstrously huge on me.

Sizing is weird.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm the leg that's twice the width of the other leg.

That's not a leg, that's the other knife he bought that day.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

1) is he having sex with her whilst she is still clothed? Or does she just unzip, and he has to drop trou all the way to the ground?
2)Fishy beer seems as though it would taste awful.
3) Did she cut out that hole specifically so her belly button could breathe? And if not, why did she put the elastic over her belly button? That seems silly to me.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

On the nerd/weirdo groups being arseholes thing:

I reckon its more a hugbox mentality. A simple YAY us, and BOO them issue, where us is everyone who identifies with our particular brand of weirdness/social isolation, and them is everyone else.

This breeds cliqueyness, which makes the group tighter knit, and more hostile to "outsiders". This cliqueyness turns into factions within the group, each claiming the other faction are really outsiders and not "true" whatever nerdy poo poo they identify as. Factionalism turns to drama, and drama leads to the bullying, shunning, and harassment of perceived difference.

All the while everyone involved will loudly claim that they are not like teh bullys and jocks that they initially were trying to getaway from.

But most importantly, I think nerds, (or gamers, or furries, or whatever), are arseholes that ruin everything they touch because if you base your entire personality and self image, and identity on one thing that you consume, (vidja games, comics, a cartoon, pretending to be a three tailed fox etc.), then you are a shallow, immature, and not well rounded person.

These are the arseholes who cannot tell the difference between "Hey Dave, I like you as a person, and think you are fun to hang out with, but you know that cartoon show you like? Well I don't think it is that good." and "Hey Dave, everything about you that you inherently hold dear is poo poo and worthless. I hate you and all you stand for." So yeah, it is not surprising that they get cliquey and bully-y.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

cash crab posted:

My dad was fond of telling everyone that when I was a kid, I'd just cram my own foot in my mouth all the time.

Also, one time my friend cut her foot on a piece of glass and just... didn't notice? Anyway, we go inside and she takes her sandal off and this river of blood just came out. It was amazing

A while back, but I have a similar story. One day, years ago, at Uni I was moving a table from one place to another and dropped it in my foot. It hurt, but not extremely so. I go about my business that day, maybe wincing a little with every other step, but no dramas. When I get home, (having walked my usual 20 minutes from the train station), I take off my shoe to discover that my sock is soaked red with blood, and when I peel it off my foot I discover that the table had somehow landed in exactly teh right spot to break off half of my big toe toenail. I say half, because the nail was still hanging on, and I had to use nail clippers to cut the hanging bit off.

That was not a fun day. That toenail still looks a little weird.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

There's no reason it can't be both or a bit of both :shrug: / :can:

This is adorable. The look on her face ...

Please tell me she did this as a charity thing for Red Nose Day? (or is that only in Aus.?)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Zombear posted:

This is broom tits lady.
https://imgur.com/a/sEhiY

I have no idea why I can't post a picture directly anymore.

Broom is not perfectly perpendicular to the floor. 5/10

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

A thing I heard, (so actual Hotel workers can confirm or deny), is that what one should do if one wants clean sheets is to smear either nutella, or tomato sauce on the sheets every morning. Because the one thing that will make housekeeping change the sheets is if they see stains that look like either blood or poo poo.

So if you see a sheet that looks clean, it probably isnt, so you should make it look like someone shat or bled on it, and then they will bring you a new clean one.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

After all, it's WAY cheaper to by more cheap sheets in bulk than deal with a single lawsuit.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

People who are inconsiderate to service workers are AUG.

Thanks guys for the actual information. I had always thought that hotels only cleaned bed linens etc. when they HAD to, turns out I was wrong, at least in degree.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Sic Semper Goon posted:

No pictures, sadly, but my former co-worker, as I recently found out (and have posted about before) has succeeded in his dream of going to prison.

All those years of wearing nylon tracksuits and screaming about how "what a friend of the family*" he was have finally paid off.

* = His own words. He was corpse pale and weighed about 60kg, as Australian bogans tend to be.

** = He was absolutely convinced that all African-Americans are petty criminals on welfare and/or in prison. Unlike most people who said such things, he stated that belief in a tone of utmost respect, admiration and envy.

I can only hope I have the same persistence to achieve my dream, early retirement.

I too grew up in Frankston

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The thing that pisses me off the most about this bedspread is the censorship.

Who are they censoring for? It's your loving bedroom, nobody else is going to see it but you! And if you have kids still young enough to be 'traumatized' by naughty words, then why are you putting such sheets on your bed?

Unless that is just the shop censoring the sheets for the website advertisement. In which case I am the idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Paladinus posted:

To be fair, only about a half of contestants are blondes.

Serious question: I know there are token POCs in these Bachelor/Bachelorette shows, but how many of them ever make it to the final rounds? Have there been ones with POC protagonists, (the guy/girl who gives out the rose)?

What about other reality TV type shows? I know POC representation is at an appalling low across the board, but do they get their fair shake in reality TV?

Sorry if these are stupid questions. I am not American and I don't watch much Reality TV. I do remember a bloke of Fijian heritage winning one of the later series of Australian Big Brother, but I am almost sure that he is the exception, not the rule.

• Locked thread