Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apennysaved
Jun 5, 2017
What's up goons, my partner and I recently started our first company, REDACTED! We audit peoples’ cable, phone, and internet bills and split the savings.

A little about me, my name is Thomas, and I’m a nineteen year old college student who decided to take a chance on a business my partner and longtime friend approached me with over winter break this past year. My partner came up with the idea late last fall when his mom approached him about her bills. James called Comcast on behalf of his mom and after two hours with four separate representatives, he managed to drop her bill by nearly 50%. After going through the hassle of numerous phone trees, unhelpful representatives, and holds at every interval, and then experiencing success through persistence and determination James realized there was an opportunity. After many more months of experimentation and leg work we opened the doors to Vowel Inc., a fixed cost reduction company focused on homeowners and small businesses!

Our company looks for missed discounts, promotions, courtesy credits, billing errors, and more to negotiate our customers’ bills down by an average of 39%! We never need any financial information, charge no upfront fees, and only need your last month's bills to get started. Currently, we only audit telecommunications bills for homeowners and small businesses, but we are soon looking to expand that into categories like alarms and security, waste management, pest control, and a host of other services which will make our service more useful for small businesses and homeowners alike.

Our biggest challenges so far have been centered around marketing. We have consistently and substantially reduced the bills we’ve received, but we have had trouble expanding that client base beyond friends and family. We have dabbled in different methods like cold calling and mass emails but experienced very limited success and are looking for a better way to bring in and convince potential clients. College has also made working a little trickier. Fortunately, now we are both off for the summer, but during college a lot of time is spent staring at a face camera working into the night.

My main question is how else should we market, or change our existing strategies, to target a broader range of potential clients on a very limited marketing budget and actually capture their attention?
Thanks for any input and if you are interested or have any questions feel free to ask down below or pm me. (sorry I would link a website but it’s still a couple weeks from completion)
0 comments save edit delete

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread