Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

CommieGIR posted:

I did a thing. And, yes, its TDI

Had the emissions mods done in December 2018, and now the AdBlue system is upset, but taking it in under warranty.

Is it the 3-litre or the 4.2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

3 liter. 4.2 still commands a hefty premium

I have the 3.0 TDI in my 2008 A6. It's a great engine, normally lazy and relaxed, revving at <2,000 at 70mph but can absolutely press on when encouraged. I do get tempted when I see second hand A8s come up at decent prices with the 4.2 though.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

I think I'm finally at the point where I can say most of the operational issues are sorted with the 4000 Quattro 20v Turbo.
And man....does it move. This car is too much fun for a 37 year old hunk of metal.

Most of the remaining issues are cosmetic and structural (replace rusted metal, weld in some new metal on the floor pan, etc.)
But man does it sprint like a beast.

It's cool as gently caress