Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seminal Flu posted:

Best thread title ever.

The KKK took my baby head gasket away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Man, there's one of those on Ebay here at present, and it looks awesome:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-Audi-100-Quattro-Turbo-Avant-Mega-rare-pearl-white-121k-leather-climate-UR-/142534767492

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Commie, were you involved with Ed Bolian's 4000? I'm sure I just saw your garage in his latest video.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CommieGIR posted:

Yup thats my place. His car sat for 10 years and has some wiring issues with his CIS.
Yeah, I got the impression from the videos on it that it was a prime candidate for random-issue-of-the-week thanks to lack of use.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Try and sell him on a 2.7TT...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CommieGIR posted:

TDI bug has bit me again, working on acquiring the parts to build a 2.5l TDI for the wagon.
Deviant. Is that the V6 2.5, or the inline 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Based on the video in the snow, Haldex shouldn't be doing that. I don't know how much slip they have in the system at whatever the nominally full lockup front to rear is, but I'm going to say "not that much".

I agree it probably won't do anything if you have all four wheels in the air (so no speed/torque discrepancy), but lighting up the fronts like that should almost certainly make it engage the drive to the rear.

Edit: Just seen your post, CommieGIR - careful, that looks like genIV info, and his car will be genV without the precharging, unless I'm mistaken. I don't know if that affects how you can diagnose it jacked up.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 12, 2018