Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
A few months ago, our fat gently caress piss president signed a bill to strip federal money coming into Planned Parenthood.

quote:

Services related to contraception, sexually transmitted infections, fertility, pregnancy care, and breast and cervical cancer screening from qualified health providers — regardless of whether they also performed abortions.

This has nothing to do with pro-choice stances despite it being a conservative's weird pet issue because they're smoothbrained closet fascists with a parental complex for Papa Reagan and Papa Trump and can't channel their major malfunction into something positive and constructive such as letting Planned Parenthood provide services to a mother who is bringing a child into this life!

:airquote: The Health of the Mother :airquote:

As current C-SPAM president at this time of writing, I promised to make this thread as part of my platform even if you were largely a single issue voter. I'm making this thread on this 7th June day as a celebration of life. I will keep the tally too!

We will celebrate new lives, and old ones. Today is also Mike Pence's birthday, another life to celebrate! :toot:

https://twitter.com/PPact/status/872522903807565828

I have celebrated with a donation just now IN HIS NAME and I hope you will too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2F_wEnLPZ4

I am also designating this space below for Orb gangtags and Avalanche Gangtags as per C-SPAM tradition should you find inspiration in this endeavor. Namaste~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fullhouse posted:

wait is it already defunded or did they just rollback a regulation that would have prevented them from defunding it in the future

PP is good people either way I'll throw something at em later

quote:

They did so by blocking clinics from receiving Title X money — named for the 1970 law that created the federal family planning program — as well as Medicaid reimbursements.

State courts have ruled against such restrictions for Medicaid reimbursements, but since Title X money is distributed through grants to states, they have the power to set criteria for recipients.

and to elaborate on Title X

quote:

Title X is legally designed to prioritize the needs of low-income families or uninsured people (including those who are not eligible for Medicaid) who might not otherwise have access to these health care services. These services are provided to low-income and uninsured individuals at reduced or no cost.[1] Its overall purpose is to promote positive birth outcomes and healthy families by allowing individuals to decide the number and spacing of their children.

It's a "reallocation" they'll insist, aka defund~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
tally so far is $205!

thats awesome, thank you so much for your donations so that mothers can get good prenatal healthcare available when possible

namaste

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
tally is 500 now! that is amazing

thank you so much for your donations, you guys are

owns

• Locked thread