Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Speaking of Brazzers, I like the Rogue Trader era 40k where the Inquisition was happy to turn a blind eye to all sorts of decadence and mutations so long as the planetary governors were paying taxes and sending their tithe of Imperial Guardsmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
There's an active Death Thread, but it's more about discussing the industry in general and doesn't predict the death of GW any more.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah "death thread" is a TG slang word that really just means "in this thread you can discuss GW without having to be constantly engaging for multiple pages with GW's ardent defenders." Unfortunately that idea has been thoroughly dispelled in recent months; there is no way to create and maintain such a space. Goodby, death thread.

Eh we've done ok since we reopened it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

For_Great_Justice posted:

Is there a new Death Thread? Thought this was it.

This is the Rad Thread. The Death Thread is the old Dead Thread, but I guess now it's an Undead Thread?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Undead Threads tend to lose their plots.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I was a Blood Angel player back when the vampirism was only hinted at and the rage was at the forefront.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I will be playing Firefight in my FLGS in a couple of hours. I have a Kings of War game scheduled there next week. We also regularly play Deadzone and my guess is that when Dreadball 2.0 drops you'll see people play that too.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
While I was playing a Mantic game, a DBMM tournament was going on. My FLGS is pretty cool.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Over thousands of pages of fluff and a thousand sculpts across 30 years, female IG are mentioned about a dozen times and have maybe 5 official models. Nerds declare that this is enough representation and that if you really think you need more women on the table than that, you're free to chop up the most expensive standard troops in the game and make your own for one of the largest horde armies in the rules.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

JBP posted:

Eldar have loads of female models because nerds want to gently caress elves.

rapedemo.jpg

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
So what the hell happened to the ork aesthetic? I made the mistake of doing some work on my old Gorkamorka stuff and so I've been looking at the new orks and it's loving hideous. Everything has been cranked up to 11 and covered in ten million tiny bits and doodads. I was most interested in getting some bikes, but they're worse than the Gorkamorka bike and that's not available anymore. I've seen one on eBay for $55, gently caress.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

berzerkmonkey posted:

Sorry, you're wrong. The new Ork bikes are way awesome.

I'm so sorry about your Stockholm syndrome.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

TheChirurgeon posted:

The newer ork bikes are cool, though. They look appropriately ramshackle and Mad Max

They just don't do anything for me. I don't like where the guns are, I don't like all the bits, and I hate how they've painted it so the legs of the rider vanish into the vehicle. A big appeal of the Gorkamorka bike is that it didn't have the side guns, it was just a dude on a bike with a pistol.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

berzerkmonkey posted:

I'm just slobbing all over GW's nob over this one.

I really wish we knew what brain disease you had so we could help you.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

berzerkmonkey posted:

You realize this was a choice, right? Someone left the guns off, because the kit came with the side guns.

Yes, I get that it was based on the plastic kit of the time. It also included some neat metal components and the marketing was based around showing it as a cool dude on a cool bike for a cool game.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Fathis Munk posted:

I habe the feeling that the very different quality of painting makes this post a tad disingenuous :v:

That being said, the second bike rules imo

The first bike is Rogue Trader era. The second is a conversion that borrows design elements from 2e and Gorkamorka, such as the trakks.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

berzerkmonkey posted:

Good lord, it's a FW Nob bike, not a conversion.

I'm sorry I don't have extensive knowledge of the GW range not mentioned on their website.

Also if it was a conversion it wouldn't count. Anyone can make an awesome conversion and it has nothing to do with the models being sold.

Atlas Hugged fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 17, 2017

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

berzerkmonkey posted:

"Good lord" was more my frustration with your response, as opposed to you not knowing the entire GW line. I don't think the older bikes are terrible - it's mostly their riders that suck and make the entire model look bad. But, the new bikes are ramshackle and spiky, and are proper Orky.

My point still stands though, a dynamic paint job and design elements borrowed from a model I actually like make that one way better than the offering you'd find on the GW site.

For reference this is the version I like. I think the rider is fine. He doesn't have a stupid WW1 hat.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

NTRabbit posted:

All I've played recently is Kings of War, though it wouldn't matter either way, because none of my friends play minis games. I also don't have a FLGS with gaming tables within an hours drive, which means I have to hit up one of the three clubs here.

Feel free to holiday in Bangkok.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I should probably stop looking at Gorkamorka stuff on eBay. It's dead and never coming back.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Please convince me not to buy a Deffkopta.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I just want to put it on my shelf.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Beerdeer posted:

The little ones? I have Dark Vengeance Koptas. If you're in the US I'll send you one

I didn't even know these existed. I was looking at the old metal one. In any case, I'm in Thailand. If you send it to my parents it will end up in Thailand eventually though.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Sent.

Atlas Hugged fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 19, 2017

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Done.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Do scrunts have sturdy, swarthy bones? Asking for a friend.

Scrunts are only cartilage.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
My space marines are tiny though. :(

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Guys I have a problem.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Did you give GW money?

No, but the more I spend the closer I get.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Ah it happened again!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Mantic already makes plastic squats.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
How were the mold lines on those things by the way?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

NTRabbit posted:

Almost non-existent, big step up from the restic days

Cool. I might have to order some from my FLGS.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Tanith posted:

Have you checked their dumpster?

True story, I occasionally get free Mantic stuff from the owner because it doesn't sell.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Fathis Munk posted:

Is he afraid they will hit their expiration date :confused:

Limited shelf space and if a product doesn't move it just sits on his shelf forever. He tries to avoid being one of those game store dungeons that has stacks of sixteen year old product covered in dust in a corner. It depends on the product too. He's not going to give away models, but a mat for a very specific game or a deck of spell cards, that kind of thing, he's happy to clear out.

Plus it's a goodwill thing. We spend money in his shop and he throws us the odd freebie on occasion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah, I'm glad I have LGSs that recognize when a line isn't selling well and just clears the shelves of it. The shops here did that with relic knights months ago and some also did it with infinity (though there seems to be a resurgence of that so we'll see if they restock). This other shop went in hard with rune wars :psyduck: but it'll need shelf space for Star Wars legion so that's probably going as well.

LGSs with dusty stacks of old product are the worst.

They're fun to stumble into and occasionally find something classic new in box, but stuff that's good usually sold years before and all they have left are the things no one wanted even when they were new.

• Locked thread